MacVador

Installing original Airport from MacBook pro 13" possible ?

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have an Airport card from a MacBook Pro 13" and want to try using it in USB... is it possible ? 

i dont understand why there is 11 wire in it... 

if there is someone that can help i would really appreciate, thanx in advance.

607-4145-a.JPG

Advertisement

I'm not aware of any Airport cards that use USB for a WiFi interface. There are WiFi/Bluetooth cards that use USB for the Bluetooth side. The extra wires are most likely from a PCI-e interface. I couldn't find much info from a search.

-MH

so would be harder but not impossible... just need to find what is each cable and it could work... 

so.... anyone maybe knows about it in here ?   :whistle:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By erikm
      Hi -
      Since the U-Audio forum is less than helpful (with the company taking a Digidesign approach to not attempting to update their drivers until months after the official release) I was wondering if someone here could help:

I have a 2018 MacBook Pro running Catalina b8 and a UAD Arrow.  I updated my OS last week, and today plugged in my UAD.  I was getting an error where the console wouldn't launch, so I updated to UAD 9101.  My device was recognized, because the software notified me that I needed a firmware update, which I proceeded to do.  I could not get the console to launch, however, so I attempted an uninstall and reinstall of the software.

After multiple attempts and attempting to delete all plist and cache files, I continued to get the message "driver not installed correctly".  Even though System Preferences > Security didn't appear to have anything to "Allow", I started wondering if there was a .kext file which needs to be manually enabled.

I was just curious if anyone here knew what that file might be and where it might be located - or if there's someplace else I should be looking to try and get the system to properly see the device?

Thanks!
    • By grisno
      Hi people,

This is a preliminary installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe Atheros QCWB335 in MacOS.

I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!

AIRPORT : OK Atheros QCWB335 (AR9565) (168c:0036) Mini PCIe * BLUETOOTH : OK Atheros AR3012 (0cf3:3121) USB 2.0 ** AIRDROP : Not Tested HANDOFF : Not Tested CONTINUITY : Not Tested WOL : Not Tested IMESSAGE : OK FACETIME : OK ICLOUD : OK APPSTORE : OK   Known Issues:

- Partial support with a maximum speed of 10Mbits (10.11.0+) *
      - Don't support Bluetooth Power Off/On by Software (10.10.0+) **
      - Sometimes Lost Bluetooth After Sleep WakeUp (10.10.0+) **

Sources:

Insanelymac
    • By KristFlex
      Hello community!
      I searched everywhere, but couldn't find tables from one or both of these two macbooks, if someone here has these models, please, could you share the acpi tables with me? I really need them.
      Thanks
    • By grisno
      Installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe AZUREWAVE AW-CE123H in macOS (10.8.5+)

AIRPORT : OK AzureWave AW-CE123H (14e4:43b1) [Broadcom BCM94352 HMB] Mini PCIe BLUETOOTH : OK AzureWave AW-CE123H (17cf:0b05) [Broadcom BCM20702A1] USB 2.0 AIRDROP : OK HANDOFF : OK CONTINUITY : OK WOL : Not Tested IMESSAGE : OK FACETIME : OK ICLOUD : OK APPSTORE : OK SIRI : OK   I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!