Jump to content

x79 Sleep Support Missing from Mavericks?

Long Cat

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts



My x79 based system currently has a really nice 10.8.4 installation. Notably, sleep has worked without the need for any additional kexts since the .4 update, before that it worked with the need of SleepEnabler.


After installing 10.9 on my system to a separate partition, I was surprised to find that sleep wasn't working without or even with SleepEnabler installed. So far, no luck with any version through DP 1-5.


Even under an upgrade install to a cloned version of my 10.8.4 install (which was otherwise just about flawless) I haven’t been able to get sleep working. I used a hand made installer key with nothing except Chameleon, NullCPU and FakeSMC, upgraded, booted back in after the install to find a working 10.9 system, re-enabled Trim, fixed DVD Player, reinstalled AppleHDA... all the usual stuff etc. And even with all the same stuff as before, sleep is still not working.


Interestingly, 10.9 will boot up without NullCPU when using RapmageDev's modified AICPM where 10.8 would definitely not. However, even with this, still no sleep.


Any ideas or info I can provide to help nut this out? I'm a little lost on this one.


GA-x79-UP4, i7-3930K, Nvidia Quadro 4000 (Fermi).



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last login: Sun Aug 11 13:05:14 on ttys000

192-168-1-7:~ User$ pmset -g assertions

11/08/2013 1:21:11 pm AE

Assertion status system-wide:

   BackgroundTask                 0

   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0

   PreventSystemSleep             0

   PreventDiskIdle                0

   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0

   ExternalMedia                  0

   UserIsActive                   0

   ApplePushServiceTask           0

Kernel Assertions: 0x104=USB,MAGICWAKE

   id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=11/08/2013 1:09 pm description=UCHI owner=AppleUSBEHCI

   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=11/08/2013 1:09 pm description=EHCI owner=AppleUSBEHCI

   id=504  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=1/01/1970 10:00 am description=en1 owner=en1

192-168-1-7:~ User$

I feel like something might be keeing it awake, as sleep support really should be working. Does this provide any insight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



After a bit of messing arround "sudo dmesg | grep sleep" eventually revealed that the problem was related to SBUS.


Patching my DSDT with the SBUS patch (SBUS.txt) included with DSDT editor fixed the problem. Initially when recompiling I got an error relating to a few lines in the patch, I edited them slightly (removed the last bit) and the recompile worked.


From here, I initially thought the patch hadn't worked properly as entering and waking from sleep was taking in excess of 60 sec - usually only takes 5-10 to enter and less to wake. Even though the system was already set to hibernation mode 0 (write everything to ram) which I confirmed by checking, it felt like it was in mode 1 (write everything to disk - which takes a lot longer.) Resetting mode 0 somehow by entering "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0" and rebooting fixed the issue.


Sleep/ wake and auto-sleep now working as good as in ML.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...