9800 GTX+ @ OS X 10.8.4 - Secondary Display Recognition Delay.

Maestroso

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Just installed 10.8.4 successfully, but ran into problems with my GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB. 

After booting into 10.8.4 only the 1st screen (old aluminium Apple Cinema Display on DVI connected on port closer to the mainboard) would show the desktop instantly, while the 2nd screen (Samsung at 2048x1152p on DVI) switches to black and stays like this for approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Shortly after that, the 2nd screen will also show the desktop as intended.

I'm using Chameleon 2.1 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (tried GraphicsEnabler=No but then both screens would remain black after startup), PCIroot=1.

I have tried the following configurations:

Graphics Enabler=Yes + ATY_init      === Same delay. 

EFI-Strings + GraphicsEnabler=Yes + ATY_init    === both screens remain black. 

EFI-Strings + GraphicsEnabler=No      === both screens remain black.

NVenabler      === Same delay (maybe recognizes 2nd screen a little faster) but gpu fans spin on 100%. 

My specs: 
Core i7 920 @ 3.6 GHz
18 GB RAM @ 1440 MHz
GA-EX-58-DS4
GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB 

Have searched through the whole forum but can't find a report of similar symptoms. Could it be related to display -cfg settings? How would I adapt those in order to have the display recognized properly? Maybe somebody can shed some light on what might be the cause of this problem and how to get rid of it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks. 

Best, 
Maestri

• 2 weeks later...