Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newfyworld

Instant Reboot - 10.7.3 Install DVD AMD

1 post in this topic

Hello world. :D

OK, so I have been trying to install 10.7.3 on my computer... But I can't get to the install, or GUI for that matter. Now, this is not my first time hackintoshing. I'm going to spare the long story, but... AMD hackintoshing is a 'process'. I've successfully installed Snow Leopard (10.6.2, took a few days), and haven't successfully installed Mountain Lion... So, I boot from the DVD, and it says something along the lines of "Press any key to boot, or F8 to define boot options"... Something like that. Anyway, I press F8, and type in: "Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386 -v  And it starts loading, and then reboots. It doesn't even reach the console. It just instantly reboots. If I don't type anything in, and press enter, it waits for about 2 seconds, the screen flashes white, and it reboots. I've tried removing the graphics card, removing ram, GraphicsEnabler=no, npci=2x000.... And my BIOS settings are as accurate as they get. I don't have the option to set the sleep state to S3, and no AHCI option. I have my SATA mode set as 'Native IDE Mode'... HPET is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks. Specs in sig.

Advertisement