10.8 on Lenovo G570 (i5-2450M) no QE/CI

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a Lenovo G570; not the i3, the i5-2450M chipset with Intel HD 3000,

8 gigs of RAM, and the 500GB HDD.

Using any distribution, or retail installation method, I have to remove all the kexts, including the Intel HD 3000 kexts, to boot into the desktop.

Once I'm in, after dumping my DSDT, creating an SMbios with Macbook 8,1, and installing Intel HD 3000 kexts from dropbox, or wherever else (because the stock kexts and framebuffer gives me a black screen) I get resolution, but no QE/CI.

I can get almost everything else working except acceleration. I've tried everything from DSDT patchesm, to modified kexts, to EFI strings - with almost every bootloader; I cannot get these kexts to work, and I know I'm not the only one with this model. There seems to be fragmentation and confusion in the forums because there's multiple models with the same G570 identifier, and any guides I find refer to the G570 i3 model, which doesn't help.

Can anybody give me a hand with this?

Thanks.

------------UPDATE!!!--------------

Success! On those usual shady sites where one may or may not find somewhat less than legally acquired software (you know the ones) I found an installer along the name of "OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion bootable USB for Intel PCs"

It uses Clover as a bootloader.

When the bootloader starts, turn off GraphicsInjector in the GUI, or just start with the key GraphicsInjector=No.

The installer will boot, firing full QE/CI. XD 

A month's journey come to an end.

After that, I just installed as normal. Installed Clover to the internal HDD. VooDooHDA for sound, replaced the internal WiFi with an Atheros 9287, and boom. o.o Hackbook Pro.

Edited by Chanzellor
  • Like 1

Ah, interesting, I haven't tried that one yet. What prevents me from attempting it - he lists in his specs that he has the i5-2430M, I have the 2450M, which when making the smbios with Champlist, I noticed that it allows me to make a MacbookPro 8,1 (2430m), and it skips over 2450 altogether. 'll give it a go, however, and I guess I'll see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a retail installer built with a Clover bootloader and picked up a tip to use GraphicsInjector=No. Son of a {censored}...booted the installer with full Graphics Acceleration. I may just post a guide soon for other users. I've been using 10.8.4 retail with full QE/CI, almost no issues for half a month. Only issues - no card reader, and HDMI won't output sound. -_- But, well...XD you win some, you lose some.

• 7 months later...

I am also having the same configuration. Lenovo G570 with core i5-2450M. I tried to install mac os x 10.9 mavericks using niresh distro. Everything worked except I couldn't get full resolution, couldn't get any proper kext for intel hd3000.

Now I want to try 10.8.4. Can anyone please guide me with the important steps of the installation so that I can get everything working?

Hi,

I have a Lenovo G570; not the i3, the i5-2450M chipset with Intel HD 3000,

8 gigs of RAM, and the 500GB HDD.

Using any distribution, or retail installation method, I have to remove all the kexts, including the Intel HD 3000 kexts, to boot into the desktop.

Once I'm in, after dumping my DSDT, creating an SMbios with Macbook 8,1, and installing Intel HD 3000 kexts from dropbox, or wherever else (because the stock kexts and framebuffer gives me a black screen) I get resolution, but no QE/CI.

I can get almost everything else working except acceleration. I've tried everything from DSDT patchesm, to modified kexts, to EFI strings - with almost every bootloader; I cannot get these kexts to work, and I know I'm not the only one with this model. There seems to be fragmentation and confusion in the forums because there's multiple models with the same G570 identifier, and any guides I find refer to the G570 i3 model, which doesn't help.

Can anybody give me a hand with this?

Thanks.

------------UPDATE!!!--------------

Success! On those usual shady sites where one may or may not find somewhat less than legally acquired software (you know the ones) I found an installer along the name of "OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion bootable USB for Intel PCs"

It uses Clover as a bootloader.

When the bootloader starts, turn off GraphicsInjector in the GUI, or just start with the key GraphicsInjector=No.

The installer will boot, firing full QE/CI. XD 

A month's journey come to an end.

After that, I just installed as normal. Installed Clover to the internal HDD. VooDooHDA for sound, replaced the internal WiFi with an Atheros 9287, and boom. o.o Hackbook Pro.

Did you use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

• 3 months later...

I have a V570 ... which is almost identical to the G570. I used Niresh 10.8.2, installed, everything worked ootb except HDMI audio and the card reader. I selected Intel HDA300, and the Move Nvidia and Move ATI options, full resolution and acceleration.