NVidia GeForce 9400GT - Snow Leopard Issues

6 posts in this topic

Hello Community!

I've put together my first Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Hackintosh today, and so far I've got intergrated graphics working, audio, ethernet, everything! It's amazing! However, I have a PCIe graphics card called the EVGA NVidia GeForce 9400GT 1GB which I want to add it.. It's something I really need and I'm clueless as how to install it. Does anybody have any kexts to install or something else? Also, has anybody ever installed this card before? It's a little on the older side, but I really think I can get it working.

EDIT: If I boot up normally with no flags whatsoever, it's laggy, and I'm locked @ 1024x768. HOWEVER, in the More Info when going to About this Mac, it actually displays the name of my graphics card. 

Thanks guys!

-Nick

I typed GraphicsEnabler=y as a startup flag in Chimera, still no difference. I boot up in 1024x768, animations are laggy, and About this Mac still displays NVidia GeForce 9400GT. Any more suggestions? Thanks for your reply. :)

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them! Thanks

Try two boot flags at once like this, with a space between them:

PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnabler=y

If you have a Gigabyte or MSI motherboard this should work.

If it works you can set both permanently in /Extra/blabla.boot.plist

/EDIT

You might have to do some additional work to get on board graphics and your 9400 to work at the same time. If that's the case then I can't help you, but there are plenty of topics here dealing with that.

If you don't need the on board video, please disable it in the BIOS and try the above again.

Hi,

I'm using a stock Dell motherboard and if I insert a PCIe graphics card, it automatically disables intergrated graphics. Is it still worth trying the boot flags you posted above?

EDIT: I tried it anyway, still nothing. What else may I have to do to solve this? Also, where could I post it?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...