Compatible wireless cards?

DarkAeon

11 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a wireless card to buy for my first amd build, I currently have a GSky that uses Realtek RTL8187L.  Not sure if it works or not, can;t really find a resource on it, I just want to be able to install osx and have the wireless work.  :(

the card is usb wireless G-sky Realtek RTL8187L

Just ordered new video card geforce 210

CPU: AMD FX-4350

Everything else should be ok. I don't use the onboard network adapter or know what it is, i use use my usb wireless card.

My original threadwas here. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290257-help-with-my-first-amd-hackintosh/

They recommended a new video card for the build, but could never get an answer on in my internet connection would work.

What if I used my 3rd party wireless device i got for my xbox, which you program to connect to your router than plug it into a regular network card jack? 

So I guess since i own something that will work, I need to find out if my onboard lan port will work or if i need a new card.

my current onboard lan is labeled as "realtek pcie gbe family controller", I cannot find any more information on it, so that either could be it's name or i have to dig deeper.

The wireless device that can connect to my router does not need a computer, the router and connection settings are stored in the firmware, it is made for connecting any device to wifi that only has a wired port. 

If wired lan is a no go would buying a cheap usb wireless card that is mac compatible work? 

none yet, i'm still in information gathering mode, this is what i was recommended. 

The best solution for your system would be to buy a very cheap graphics card for OSX-only usage, a compatible one of course, like the GeForce G210, and use Lion 10.7.5

So i purchased  a geforce 210 series and i'm trying to figure out what one of my HDD's to use or test with, and I still have to figure out how to make a dual boot. I'm sure there are plenty of guides for that though. 

I have two drives as well one 500GB HDD and 128GB SSD Windows 7 on one and OS X 10.9 on the other. I used the 500GB HDD to test with since I pulled it out of my previous build it was 'leftovers' and haven't had any disk related errors thus far. However, I will say if you can go with an SSD for your OS X installation it's much faster. As far as the dual boot goes it's all a matter of your partitioning methods and BIOS version of which ever motherboard you go with.