Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ardeo79

No PCI after Mavericks installation & bootloader question

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I managed to install OSX Mavericks on a separate partition of my system with myHack 3.2 beta 8.

Unfortunately I don't see no pci cards like the network interface or soundcard. The booting hangs a while at

"PCI configuration (begin/changed/end)" but after that Mavericks starts normal. The optional boot flags

"npci=0×2000 or npci=0×3000" don't solve this problem.

Anyone has a tip what to do?

I installed the chameleon bootloader in Mavericks. But booting to it only works if the usb installer stick is plugged in (with chameleon bootloader installed on it).

What do I have to do to get a working bootloader for Windows 7 (starts as default) and Mavericks?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Try to copy Extra Folder from the usb to Mavericks partition and then fix and see what settings you need in org.chameleon.boot.plist with chameleon wizard and report back and do not forget to make your smbios.plist file and save it in Extra folder in Mavericks partition

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Slice
      Since rev 4844 Vector Themes are supported and there are ready-to-use Clovy by Clovy, cesium by Slice and BGM_SVG by Blackosx.
      You may see it's structure to create own theme
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.
      It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.
      It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.

What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?
      Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.
      LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.
      Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.
      Illustrator is good but expensive.

How to improve SVG file?
      Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.
      Some helps:
      Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files
      From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files
      From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW
      Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation
      User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually
      Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.

How to create SVG fonts?
      You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.
      You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.
      But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.
      You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.

Pictures from Badruzeus
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=301597
    • By valueimagery
      Okay So I have two PCIe controller cards, both 3rd party, unbranded from eBay.

1st runs off the Marvell 88SE92xx chipset.  4 Internal Ports.
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PCI-E-PCI-Express-to-SATA3-0-4Port-SATA-III-6G-Expansion-Controller-Card-Adapter/264029216955?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

2nd runs off the ASMedia ASM1061 chipset. 2 Internal/ 2 External Ports (selectable by jumpers)
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PCI-E-To-SATA3-PCI-E-SATA3-0-6Gb-s-the-SSD-Asmedia-Chip-Expansion-Card-ASM1061/191572577652?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The hack is running stable no issues on 10.4.2 with an i7 8700k ASUS Maximus X Code as iMac 18,3

However, I wanted to add eSATA ports for some older drive enclosures I own, and some extra internal SATA ports as I've used all the SATA ports on the Motherboard.
      The 1st Marvell actually works OOB in Mac OSX.  No kexts needed.  Speeds seem good (350R/400W on an SSD 80R/W on a 5400 HDD)

However, a few things don't seem perfect.
      1) the AHCI version is 1.0.  I imagine this could and should be a newer version? 1.2 or 1.31? If it should be updated, is this something only able to be flashed from a Windows OS?
      2) It can't be used as a boot option.  the Maximus doesn't recognise it as a startup option.  Is this a possible AHCI version firmware issue?  Is booting ever possible from these controllers? 
      3) TRIM was disabled in system profile. I know it automatically worked OOB for my NVME2 drives connected to the motherboard,  But to enable Trim on an SSD 860 EVO I needed to submit the terminal command:
      sudo trimforce enable

Now the second ASMedia controller I haven't been able to get to work.  I've switched the jumpers (not sure which position is the 1,2,3) so I've made it so that one internal and one external will operate to test the card.

System profiler sees the card like all the others as a "Generic AHCI Controller" with AHCI version 1.20 supported.
      However, I cannot get any drive to be recognised in the eSATA ports.  I haven't tested the internal ports as I don't need these.

I've attempted using two kexts (attached) AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext and AHCIPortInjector.kext
      When I use AHCIPortInjector.kext the SATA device is recognised in system profiler as an ASM1062.  However no drive works with this kext.  And reading the chip itself on the card it says ASM1061.  So not sure why it's preferring the 1062 entry over the 1061 since both are present in the kext.

When I use AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext that SATA device is not recognised at all in the system profiler.  It disappears.

I'm not using a custom DSDT for this motherboard and I've attached my config.plist if anyone has some insight on either cards.

Cheers,
      Shark

config-NOSN.plist
      AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext.zip
      AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip
    • By thomaspetersen
      Hi All

I'm trying to start a Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.5 installation:
      - MSI B350 PC Mate
      - Ryzen 5 - 2600
      - Radeon Pro 580 GPU
      - 4 x 8GB DDR4
      (Have a working clover bootloader for HS 10.13.3 - but for some reason, I can't use that setup with the 10.13.5) 

Have tried different bootloader setup, with different outcomes...
      ATM. I get this error/hang - "Unknown CPU: family = 0x17, model = 0x8, Stepping = 0x2"
      Have search google, and can see that the threads ppl. are getting this, is when they look at "About this mac", I haven't yet installed the OSX.

So can someone help...

I'm running the newest Kexts: AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll and WhateverGreen.
      In Bootloader setup, i'm running: -v, -s, -f, -no_compat_check, busratio=34, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, dart=0 and nv_disable=1
      In SMBIOS i'm using the iMac18,2 and in RT i'm using BooterConfig: 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
      In installed drivers i'm using: AptioMemoryFix, EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (Have tried Fix2 as well)

But i'm, keep getting the Unknown CPU hang/error, can someone help...
      Or do someone have a setup with the same CPU and GPU, that can show me his/her setup for Bootloader/Kexts...
    • By apianti
      Just so you all know I actually have done something. I have pushed the source to both my github and to sourceforge, please commit to the experimental branch and I will merge it into the stable branch once it is safe. Also, nothing meaningful happens yet so don't get too excited. Only the Visual studio build works right now. I haven't set up the Xcode or Makefile builds yet, I'm trying to do them now.

https://github.com/apianti/Clover
      https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/Clover

IA32/X64/ARM/ARM64 testing ISO (6/7/2018): Clover-3.0-experimental.iso