• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
mathq

iMessage / App Store and iCloud

39 posts in this topic

Long Cat... Than you for this great Idea...

i have the same Problem with my "old" ML 10.8.4 not work iMessages.

In Mavericks DP6 work best.

I hav copy this Folder an Files from you Tip, from Mavericks to ML 10.8.4 and

after Restart... iMessages work best !!!!

So many different causes, it has sometimes iMessages is not running.

You never stop learning!.

Why can not as "Best Answer" mark this Post ??????

Hello Long Cat...

Actually, I thought now that's a solved once and for all the problems iMessage, but unfortunately does not work with a newly implemented Mavericks GM again.

I have copied all the files from User / Library in the Mavericks 10.9 GM from the old DP8 and the nvram.plist etc, but I can not log in with my Apple ID in 10.9 Mavericks

GM Build with iMessage. what that is again what it is now?

When the Mavericks DP8, where I only have installed the GM build over it, iMessage goes as before without any problems.

Wa is different when reinstalling the Mavericks 10.9 GM? I have compared all the files and also Chameleon bootloader is same as in the DP8 build.

Very strange because it does not work.

telepati   what exactly should I change in the smbios.plist?

The smbios.plist is always the same, when reinstalling Mavericks GM
and in the updated DP8 to GM

hi

@ pinarek

the answer was given by DeepInside, just do it like he said, no need to change or edit your smbios

with this GM, I had the same issue (maybe it's my first or second time until now, don't remember) and I resolved it like that.

another thing, I had my password expired, even if I resolved the problem, I was not able to login as long I have not changed my password. Once I did it, everything was ok   ;)

telepati   what exactly should I change in the smbios.plist?

The smbios.plist is always the same, when reinstalling Mavericks GM
and in the updated DP8 to GM

if you are using iMac change this Mac Pro restart...

Hello Friends

The problem is that when the Mavericks GM, which updated from DP8, iMessage, it works flawlessly.

Only when the Mavericks GM as brand new installation is not iMessage with the same Apple ID.

I have a second Apple ID, this work in both systems is weird ...

Hi to all, after the upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9 GM, I have problems with iMessage, I can not logged in,  I read your recommendations at the beginning of a topic, and everything did, but it did not help. Next funny: I called tech support Apple :hysterical: , after talking with an employee, I logged. Next, I decided to make some changes in the settings SMBIOS( change SMUID) and I lost the the opportunity to use iMessage again  :(

Just want to add a bit of info

The above "answered" fix wasn't enough for me, it did fix icloud but not imessage, resetting my apple id password however did the trick to get imessage working again.

thanks

Eliade... this work with reset Apple-ID Password ? i not understand why this is necessary.

Ok important is, it work.