HOWTO: Create your own Boot-132 CD

kizwan

1 post in this topic

Right now, I'm going to teach you how to create your own Boot-132 CD.

First FAQ: Why I want to create Boot-132 CD my self when there are plenty of Boot-132 CD (iso image) everywhere in this forum?

First Answer: Well...this tutorial is very useful for people that need to add kexts to their Boot-132 CD. This happen when some notebook or desktop computer require additional kexts to boot Retail Mac OS X DVD.

There is one problem, however. It require Mac OS X to do this stuff. It is possible to do this operation on Windows or Linux but I'm not found it yet how. If I do find it in the future, I will update this HOWTO. I don't think this is a major problem because usually people who use Boot-132 CD is using it to boot or install retail Mac OS X and these people (I assuming because it is how it should be) have tested their system with hack install for example iDeneb, iPC, Kalyway, Leo4All, JaS & etc. So, accessing Mac OS X to do this stuff is not a problem.

Note: If you see word colored & bold like this "ChangeMe", you can change it to other name/word.

This is the procedure on how to create your own Boot-132 CD:-

1) Create a directory at Desktop, for example "Boot132".

2) Copy the content of David Elliot's modified Boot-132 CD (ISO image can be found at the bottom of this HOWTO) to "Boot132" directory.

3) Open initrd.img (just double-click it). You will see "initrd" volume at Desktop or Toolbar. Explore/browse "initrd" volume.

4) Copy the extra kexts to "initrd" volume (Extra/Extensions/ folder).

5) Unmount "initrd" volume by dragging it to the Trash.

6) Now create ISO file (execute this command in Terminal):-

cd ~/Desktop

hdiutil makehybrid -o Boot132-P5Q.iso Boot132/ -iso -eltorito-boot Boot132/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot

7) Burn the ISO to CD.

EDIT: If you got "not enough space" or something like that when copying extra kexts to "initrd" volumes, you can resize initrd.img to appropriate size (execute this command in Terminal):-

cd ~/Desktop

hdiutil resize -size 20MB Boot132/initrd.img

Resources:-

David Elliot's modified Boot-132 CD - http://www.mediafire.com/?gognujw3zrh

Good luck. :dev:

kizwan