ToH on Dell Dimension 4550, Finally!

Maximo333

1 post in this topic

:dev: Okay where to stay, ill try to make this short and simple, I have a Dell Dimension 4550 Desktop PC, Pentium 4 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD EIDE, ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 256MB. I was pretty skeptical about the whole thing but i said what the heck, took a spare 80GB HDD, installed it, poped the DVD in, booted into the DVD, Erased the Drive, named it Leopard, partitioned it with the name Leopard set it as MBR, installed OSX (chose no options), after that i rebooted (you need to leave the DVD in the drive), It took me to the grey screen with an Apple and this rotating thing lol, at times it will just freeze, but what i did was i turned my PC off then turn it on again, took me to the grey screen and i arrived at the setup screen, fill the stuff out and you're good to go, you're in the Leopard desktop. :graduated:

At this point you can take the DVD out and install you can also install SOFTWARE updates not system updates otherwise you're screwed, another thing was that when you click on the About My Mac it crashes and you're desktop will load again, i have not got this fixed yet :dev: .

Everything worked out the box for me, Graphics (though i can not get 1280x1024 resolution only 1280x768), Ethernet worked, sound worked, my Logitech wireless keyboard and mice combo worked and network card.

*Before ToH i tried to install iAtkos, well i got it to install but it will hang on the grey screen so i gave up. ToH seems to work so i would go with that one.

I'll keep you guys posted if anything comes up.