87 posts in this topic

has anybody tested clover kernelCpu=true for atom cpus in mavs thx

I have tried. Without success Mavericks 10.9 and 10.9.1 (both using the same kernel) and 10.9.2.  :blush:

Advertisement

Try this kernel, my build (10.9.2),  Atom 330 work. Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia.

This Kernel works for me I'm running 10.9.3.

Atom D525, Ion2.

This Kernel works for me I'm running 10.9.3.

Atom D525, Ion2.

Awesome !! can you give the steps you followed when installing OS X. I have not tried this Kernel yet, but all my previous attempts with different Kernels failed with boot loops. Can you point me to any guide that you followed to get the install done ? I have the same CPU and ION combination as you on a Asus board (Asus AT5IONT).

Finally, thanks to an user called TimeWalker75a, we can run the vanilla 10.9.x kernel with our Atom machines, just like we did with Mountain Lion, when the kernel patcher module still worked. With the vanilla kernel, we can use all the iCloud services like iMessages FaceTime and so on. In fact, it's the same principle of on-the-fly kernel patching, only the kernel patcher runs with Clover, not Chameleon. Even better, these new patcher will run also with Yosemite and perhaps other future iterations of OS X.

Here's the link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/264740-asus-1201n-installation-and-support/page-49?do=findComment&comment=2032837

Enjoy!

P.S.: of course, just to make it clear, this new patcher is only meant to run the vanilla kernel on Atom hardware, and won't be of any help for accelerating the unsupported integrated GPUs that usually come with it, like the GMA3150, the x3100 or the GMA950: these won't get hardware acceleration - the infamous QE/CI - and will never do. If you have these cards, I recommend you don't use your computer as a hackintosh, or use it only for learning purposes, since OSX without graphics acceleration is really awful.

Good to know! If you have spare time, I'd also ask you to create a Yosemite installer and see if it works. I'll do the same as soon as I get home. Otherwise, enjoy Mavericks on your 1201PN.

All the best!

P.S.: and thank TimeWalker74a: I'm just spreading the news. :)

Great news!

I've been trying to run Mavericks on my 1201n since it was seeded as a preview, with no success: the kernel patcher module from Chameleon clearly needs to be updated, and since it's not developed by the Chameleon team itself, but by a third party development company (meklort's xZenue LCC), we haven't yet any ETA for this update. I tried the old kernel patcher from meklort, but also met with no success (which was expected, since it shares the same code with the kernel patcher module). So we've been stuck with Mountain Lion for quite a while.

As some of you might know, i'm deeply involved with AMD kernel development - and I'm currently the AMD Development forum moderator - and we managed to boot some AMD machines with a couple of beta kernels. These kernels are quite AMD-specific, and in fact i tried them with my 1201n, but they didn't work. However, one of our leading developers, Andy Vandjick, doesn't have an AMD machine, so he has been trying to make his patches as much CPU-agnostic as possible, and indeed his old AMD kernels for Mountain Lion and  Snow Leopard also included support for legacy Intel hardware. Last week, he adapted his patch set for Mavericks, and since he didn't install the necessary new Xcode, i have to build the binaries for him. The resultant kernel didn't work, but brought relevant insights for the current beta kernels for AMD.

Well, knowing Andy's history of enabling legacy Intel support for his kernels, and also knowing he has been using essentially the same base patch set across OSX iterations, i decided to experiment with his kernel, even a little skeptical - since it didn't met its goals, that is, boot on AMD. Then, today, for my greatest surprise, after a few attempts, it worked, and i manage to install mavericks on my 1201n!

I didn't do many things with my Mavericks partition since then, and i expect all iCloud-based services not to be working, since that's the rule with kernels compiled from the XNU sources, but hey!, that's a real deal! Hope you all try it! Here's our kernel: atom_kernel.zip

Excellent information!

I have an ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe motherboard (Atom 330) that uses Nvidia ION.... I am hopeful... how would one add this atom kernel to install and potentially get OSX working in my situation?