Slice

Clover Themes

1,632 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, blackosx said:

@Badruzeus Can you please try this version when you have time?

CLOVERX64_DEBUG2.zip

Much better with 128px themes (centered postition), except theme that use bigger icons it has still.. too large TileXSpace.   

debug.log_r4824_test2.zip

Advertisement
5 hours ago, blackosx said:

Hi Sherlock’s
I’ll fix it soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Done. See latest commit.

Credit Badruzeus for Moja icon.

Hope all is okay as not tested.

10 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Much better with 128px themes (centered postition), except theme that use bigger icons it has still.. too large TileXSpace.   

debug.log_r4824_test2.zip

Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Did you try reducing TileXSpace?

Moving forward
============

One caveat is that as TileXSpace is now used properly, any themes based on BGM256 or for example DarkBootX which uses the layout options

<key>TileXSpace</key>
            <integer>nn</integer>

will now properly have nn Gap between icons. This will need to be reduced in most instances. Here's an image showing BGM256 with three different TileXSpace values.

Edited by blackosx

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Did you try reducing TileXSpace?

Well, seems I missed last explations from your prev. post. OK, it now looks better with TileSpaceX=0 or not using it at all, under theme's Layout (for themes with bigger than 128px for MainEntries)

#EDIT: I meant using your r4824 DEBUG 2.

Edited by Badruzeus

Great. In that case we have a working solution which if used, would mean changing 75 x themes which use TileXSpace:

Aero, Aero256, alienware, Apocalypse, Beauty, BeautyDark, BeautyDark256, BeautyX, BGM256, blur, Buttons, Buttons256, Carbon, Chamelia, Circla, Circla256, Classic Mac OS, Classical, ClassicalDark, Clovernity, Crystal, DarkBoot, DarkBoot256, DarkBootX, Emerald, FlatCamp, Glassy, Glassy256, Gothic, Greenify, Greenify256, Hex256, HexaCore, HexaCore256, Hexagon, HexagonDark, HexagonDark256, HighSierra, InsanelyLook, Leather, Lightness, Lightness256, Luxury, Luxury2.0, Luxury256, mac, mac_s, Material, Material256, MaterialBox, MaterialDark, mimi black, Mojave4k, Neon, Neon256, Nightwish, Nightwish256, Oceanix, One, OSS, Outlines, Outlines256, QB, QBDark256, Ransom, Retina, Retina256, Retina4k, SilverLight, Smooth, SmoothDark256, Sphere, Sphere256, WorldCup, Xmas

Which would mean dealing with Theme git repo. That brings me on to your post in the CloverThemeManager thread regarding BFG Repo-Cleaner, (I did see it just not yet responded). Looks great and maybe worth a try. I saw apianti's post also about maybe clearing all themes from the repo and rebuilding it from server side? Either way it's worth a try, though I just don't want to find it f**ks it completely! 

12 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

chrismas theme is no problem now.
but need to update newyear theme.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Okay. I'm on it. I'll see if I can create new icons for Slice's theme.

EDIT: Done.

Edited by blackosx

Unfortunately, the files are checked out on the server to be made publicly accessible through HTTP. There is no other way to clean the entire checked out repository except directly from the server since you are not actually trying to remove themes from existence in the repository (as that is what that tool does). Regardless, changing all those themes at once will still almost definitely timeout because of the server side checkout, and you will still end up having to commit the changes in small batches of themes.... The thing is you could easily use a find/replace to change the theme.plist's themselves, it's the pushing that will be the issue as it will checkout the themes on the server and most likely timeout.

Thanks for your knowledge here apianti. Useful info on cleaner as I hadn't looked in to it yet. I'm happy to change all the themes locally here, as you say, using a find/replace, it was just the matter of pushing them to the repo. I'll probably just do it in stages.

When I get some time, I'll test my changes again and commit to Clover repo once happy. Then work on updating the themes. For ref, the changes I've made are:

menu.c line #4050

//EntriesWidth = GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize + (16 * row0TileSize) / 144;
      EntriesWidth = row0TileSize;

menu.c line #4056

//row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? EntriesGap : 8) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
      //            * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

row0PosX = row0TileSize + EntriesGap;
      row0PosX = row0PosX * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count);
      row0PosX = row0PosX - EntriesGap;
      row0PosX = UGAWidth - row0PosX;
      row0PosX = row0PosX >> 1;

I'm sure the above can be simplified in to one line.

Edited by blackosx

[mention=826765]Badruzeus[/mention]

Do you have any objections to me changing all the above themes' TileXSpace entries to zero and updating the theme repo?

EDIT:

All done. I went ahead and made all changes. Hope all is okay, though I’m sure some themes may need adjusting still.

Edited by blackosx

10 hours ago, blackosx said:

[mention=826765]Badruzeus[/mention]

Do you have any objections to me changing all the above themes' TileXSpace entries to zero and updating the theme repo?

EDIT:

All done. I went ahead and made all changes. Hope all is okay, though I’m sure some themes may need adjusting still.

Sure, updates are ready to be pushed. Just about enough time doing it.

(Really sorry for too late reply, gotta outdoor job that forced me to not touching my pc at home).

On 12/24/2018 at 12:20 PM, Ingwar77 said:

r4822 looks good

screenshot0.thumb.png.8e709851d34a61ab1a6abf6e4ed89441.png

despite the unexpected loss of the night theme in Clovy 8 PM (GMT+3)

1956949049_2018-12-2420_14_01.png.86dd8247c3ad57740ae555bb2928d4af.png

good, I'm looking for this theme, which is not in the repository, I wrote to the creator but still does not answer. Thank you

Edited by Bernardo415

Hi Bernardo415

You will find Ingwar77's themes at the bottom of his post (see here).

I didn't add them to the Theme repo as I didn't think they were final themes, instead ideas?

Icons, Color and ...

Disks (I don't know how to fix it). So feel free to use my idea

The icons theme, for example, looks great but is missing many macOS icons.

1 hour ago, kylon said:

no banner on clover 4727+

this my plist, it is a modified yosemitelogin

theme.plist

There is some explanations in Clover wiki theme: 

Banner

The banner is a centred image with limited dimensions depending on the monitor size. For instance, theme dawn has a banner with a dimension of 672x190px, which should be considered as a limit. If you do not use a background drawing, the banner should be opaque and its first pixel will determine the background colour. Otherwise you may use a trick and set transparency of the first pixel to 1%.

<key>Banner</key>
<string>logo-trans.png</string>
UPDATE: Since rev2524 (and with better placement with rev2534) the Banner can now optionally use new positional settings as used for the animations.

<key>Banner</key>
<array>
    <dict>
        <key>Path</key>
        <string>logo_trans.png</string>
        <key>ScreenEdgeX</key>
        <string>left</string>
        <key>DistanceFromScreenEdgeX%</key>
        <integer>nn</integer>
        <key>ScreenEdgeY</key>
        <string>top</string>
        <key>DistanceFromScreenEdgeY%</key>
        <integer>nn</integer>
        <key>NudgeX</key>
        <integer>nn</integer>
        <key>NudgeY</key>
        <integer>nn</integer>
    </dict>
</array>
See the Anime section for an explanation of these settings.

19 hours ago, blackosx said:

EDIT:

Hmmb, I just got your EDIT'ed post. #OMG, can't believe that you did it for me after I opened Clover Activities on SF, so.. many thanks for your help. Well, I could cancel my changes #LoL ..

Theme-Updates.png

On 12/28/2018 at 6:44 AM, blackosx said:

Thanks for your knowledge here apianti. Useful info on cleaner as I hadn't looked in to it yet. I'm happy to change all the themes locally here, as you say, using a find/replace, it was just the matter of pushing them to the repo. I'll probably just do it in stages.

When I get some time, I'll test my changes again and commit to Clover repo once happy. Then work on updating the themes. For ref, the changes I've made are:

menu.c line #4050

//EntriesWidth = GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize + (16 * row0TileSize) / 144;
      EntriesWidth = row0TileSize;

menu.c line #4056

//row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? EntriesGap : 8) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
      //            * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

row0PosX = row0PosX * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count);
      row0PosX = row0PosX - EntriesGap;
      row0PosX = row0PosX >> 1;

I'm sure the above can be simplified in to one line.

No need to simplify into one line but you can simplify it using better operators:

row0PosX *= ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count) ? MaxItemOnScreen : row0Count);
      row0PosX -= EntriesGap;
      row0PosX >>= 1;

EDIT: I guess you could simplify it into one line:

row0PosX = (UGAWidth - (((row0TileSize + EntriesGap) * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count) ? MaxItemOnScreen : row0Count)) - EntriesGap)) >> 1;

Edited by apianti

no banner on clover 4727+

this my plist, it is a modified yosemitelogin

theme.plist

Hi kylon

4727 is a commit from a while back. Is it just your theme that’s affected or do other themes exhibit the same behaviour?

Sorry, I’ve not looked at your theme.plist.

Hmmb, I just got your EDIT'ed post. #OMG, can't believe that you did it for me after I opened Clover Activities on SF, so.. many thanks for your help. Well, I could cancel my changes #LoL ..

Theme-Updates.png.33242aeaf596468418d6851e009ed671.png

Yeah, sorry if you’d prepared changes your end but I went ahead as I knew I had a couple of hours last night which I could do it otherwise I’m busy now for a couple of days.

No need to simplify into one line but you can simplify it using better operators:

row0PosX = row0TileSize + EntriesGap;      row0PosX *= ((MaxItemOnScreen  row0Count) ? MaxItemOnScreen : row0Count);      row0PosX -= EntriesGap;      row0PosX = UGAWidth - row0PosX;      row0PosX >>= 1;

EDIT: I guess you could simplify it into one line:

row0PosX = (UGAWidth - (((row0TileSize + EntriesGap) * ((MaxItemOnScreen  row0Count) ? MaxItemOnScreen : row0Count)) - EntriesGap)) >> 1;

Thanks for taking a look apianti and passing on your optimisation

Hi kylon

4727 is a commit from a while back. Is it just your theme that’s affected or do other themes exhibit the same behaviour?

Sorry, I’ve not looked at your theme.plist

I don't know, this is the only one i have.

Christmas theme is fine

2 hours ago, kylon said:

I don't know, this is the only one i have.

Christmas theme is fine

Christmas theme is fine

Edited by chris1111

I found the problem but not the fix.

There s an error with the background/screen size size calculation, my banner goes out of screen, even with static images.

My banner is working on other themes, so something has changed or is now broken? and my plist relies on it

EDIT:

If i set Banner NO in other themes, my animated logo goes out of screen

1 hour ago, kylon said:

I found the problem but not the fix.

There s an error with the background/screen size size calculation, my banner goes out of screen, even with static images.

My banner is working on other themes, so something has changed or is now broken? and my plist relies on it

EDIT:

If i set Banner NO in other themes, my animated logo goes out of screen

At least tell us / attach which theme are you using.

Mac OS Classic - A Clover Theme by Machinee
(Work in progress)

screen.png

Created a Classic Mac OS Theme for Clover Bootloader. Thought I'd share it for anyone interested.
It has the features of the Classic Mac OS with a modern look.

Features

Animated Banner
Scrollbar
Custom Icons
Custom Font

classic_logo.gif

screen_selection_small.jpg

screen_font.jpg

screen_scrollbar.jpg

The non selected entries will turn to life with colors when selected.
Smaller monitors will also have a Classic Mac OS styled scrollbar when needed.

Notes:
I couldn't really get the scrollbar to work exactly as intended for now, seems to be a really buggy feature.
I might take requests for icons etc. if there's interest, we'll see.
Designed with 2.5K monitors in mind, let me know if something doesn't look right at other resolutions.

Enjoy!

Download here: https://github.com/fbongcam/Mac-OS-Classic-a-Clover-Bootloader-Theme

Edited by fbongcam

3 Version theme I made recently for my machines...

which i'd like to share with you.

All 3 have also Animated logo

something like this one . 1277333133_Cocoalogo.gif.00a9d23988ff7083bc1fa989b3a2afb1.gif

sorry that gif came out terriblle :(  ....oh well its just to give an idea of what looks like

1_ is - Colbalt

1016371736_Cobalt1.png.079c87c6f6bad964097bbd0abb5d20df.png

1424482365_Cobalt2.png.c913a79232b58d2cbdd04b9d4d934f0c.png

2_ is - Lavender (white & Black)

334200977_Lavender1.png.acf0c68914b8deb0e25d7b2ede8dc638.png

510996435_Lavender2.png.158e93934ccfaa0c25e3fc5a39513aa2.png

1390754522_Lavender3png.png.9f7fa09b9cf2d1010bd6f770d67f59ce.png

3_ is - Cocoa also  (white & Black)

1279938137_Cocoa1.png.a14ec81cdc9f7a59924abb38af0a792f.png

36812410_Cocoa2.png.90a7a541e20ca97d86a2d7fb84adaf20.png

1651556357_Cocoa3.png.94bf3aa71a2cfd8aa4e26f2e0d840e67.png

Since I still didn't install latest Clover so don't know if all settings into plist are to be modified om order to avoid glitches

sp i will post the files (if anyone interested) as soon i update clover and all settings are verified working.

Cheers