Slice

Clover Themes

1,520 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Slice said:

@blackosx look

image.png

row0width = (EntryWidth + EntryGap) * Num - EntryGap;  // without last entrygap

row0pos = (UGAWidth - row0width) / 2;

So the commit 4785 is right. The issue is somewhere else.

8 hours ago, Slice said:

Why

EntriesWidth = GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize + (16 * row0TileSize) / 144;

May be better just

EntriesWidth = GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize;

?

This is great for themes with 128px icons.

Settings.c has
GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize          = 128;

But other themes use different sizes, for example DarkBootX icon sizes are 160px wide and BGM256 icon sizes are 256px wide.

I was thinking maybe the easiest solution is to allow designer to define icon width in theme.plist, but there is already a Theme->Layout->MainEntriesSize setting which I'd forgotten about, though it gives different result.

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Design

MainEntriesSize - The size of the main device icons is set internally in the code to 128. Changing this value will instruct Clover to scale the device icons. For example, using a value of 256 on a theme with 128px icons will show the device icons scaled up to 256px. Note: badges will not be affected and will more than likely need repositioning.

So needs more attention.. To be looked at after Christmas

Edited by blackosx

Advertisement
12 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

About scrollbar currently: Yes. Even if I fill layer with non-transparent color, but drawn on top transparent background; it'll show weird black color over it.

I remember have reported this issue before (on vector theme thread): If Vector theme is used by default, then switched to Raster theme; Raster's Banner positioning would follow vector has. No issue if Raster theme is the default (till it changed to vector, then switched back).

Scrollbar fix is to change this line

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4822/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.c#l3310

Total = egCreateFilledImage(ScrollTotal.Width, ScrollTotal.Height, FALSE, &MenuBackgroundPixel);

to:

Total = egCreateFilledImage(ScrollTotal.Width, ScrollTotal.Height, TRUE, &MenuBackgroundPixel);

2 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Absolutely. That works great for themes with 128px icons.

Settings.c has
GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize          = 128;

But other themes use different sizes, for example DarkBootX icon sizes are 160px wide and BGM256 icon sizes are 256px wide.

I was thinking maybe the easiest solution is to allow designer to define icon width in theme.plist, but there is already a Theme->Layout->MainEntriesSize setting which I'd forgotten about, though it gives different result.

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Design

MainEntriesSize - The size of the main device icons is set internally in the code to 128. Changing this value will instruct Clover to scale the device icons. For example, using a value of 256 on a theme with 128px icons will show the device icons scaled up to 256px. Note: badges will not be affected and will more than likely need repositioning.

So needs more attention.. To be looked at after Christmas

Thanks for r4820 commit, could be temporary solution but it just worked.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_24_12_2018_16_58_38.png

22 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Scrollbar fix is to change this line

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4822/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.c#l3310

Total = egCreateFilledImage(ScrollTotal.Width, ScrollTotal.Height, FALSE, &MenuBackgroundPixel);

to:

Total = egCreateFilledImage(ScrollTotal.Width, ScrollTotal.Height, TRUE, &MenuBackgroundPixel);

Thanks again, it solves transparent scrollbar issue (right ss) :thumbsup_anim:

VirtualBox_Clover-Bootloader_25_12_2018_04_54_19.png

4 hours ago, Ingwar77 said:

r4822 se ve bien

screenshot0.thumb.png.8e709851d34a61ab1a6abf6e4ed89441.png

a pesar de la pérdida inesperada del tema de la noche en Clovy 8 PM (GMT + 3)

1956949049_2018-12-2420_14_01.png.86dd8247c3ad57740ae555bb2928d4af.png

Friend great topic, I would like for my asus x540 Mojave, you can share it. Thank you

29 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Great job! emoji3.png

My test version is terrible, and I forgot applying Bevel & Emboss on it (which I believe ur design using it hah haa)

Are you sure wanna touch your PC on Xmas moment? Can't believe that is raining on a whole day here since this morning (now is evening IDN Time), unable going to anywhere then. 

os_moja.icns_bevel.zip

Edited by Badruzeus

1395974808_ScreenShot.png.3c03136615e7447b412b2604f44e32bb.png

Hello there, just wondering are these 2 parameters still working as such or there's been some modification to the way its done?

Asking this because made a few themes for my machines and those doesn't seem to apply no matter what... or did i missed something in the way?

pls some hints

thx.

to follow up on 

I've conducted some initial testing for icon placement.

Notes for sanity:
=============
Default, in Settings.c
GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize = 128;   <--- Overridden by theme.plist entry MainEntriesSize
row0TileSize = 144;                   <--- Overridden by theme.plist entry SelectionBigWidth
GlobalConfig.TileXSpace = 8;          <--- Overridden by theme.plist entry TileXSpace

Default in menu.c
#define ROW0_SCROLLSIZE (100)

=============

To start, I added some debug statements to current clover and also to r4875

DBG("UGAWidth =%d\n", UGAWidth);
DBG("GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize =%d\n", GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize);
DBG("row0TileSize =%d\n", row0TileSize);
DBG("GlobalConfig.Scale =%d\n", GlobalConfig.Scale);
DBG("EntriesGap =%d\n", EntriesGap);
DBG("EntriesWidth =%d\n", EntriesWidth);
DBG("MaxItemOnScreen =%d\n", MaxItemOnScreen);
DBG("row0Count =%d\n", row0Count);
DBG("row0PosX (Before) =%d\n", row0PosX);
DBG("row0PosY (Before) =%d\n", row0PosY);
DBG("row1PosX (Before) =%d\n", row1PosX);

row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? EntriesGap : 8) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;
      row0PosY = (int)(((float)UGAHeight - LayoutMainMenuHeight * GlobalConfig.Scale) * 0.5f +
                  LayoutBannerOffset * GlobalConfig.Scale);
      row1PosX = (UGAWidth + 8 - (row1TileSize + (INTN)(8.0f * GlobalConfig.Scale)) * row1Count) >> 1;

DBG("row0PosX (After) =%d\n", row0PosX);
DBG("row0PosY (After) =%d\n", row0PosY);
DBG("row1PosX (After) =%d\n", row1PosX);

Then saved screenshots of DarkBootX and BGM raster themes and overlaid debug and measurements for comparison.

BGM has Selection_big at 144px and icons as 128px and works fine before and after commit 4785. This is how rEFIt was designed to work.

1520275931_3_4785_BGM_Screenshot2018-12-26at08_01_163.thumb.jpg.ad6d763b3da687dcfdd3bacd51743fed.jpg

DarkBootX, however, has Selection_big at 180px and icons as 160px and fails to be centered with commit 4785. This goes against rEFIt's original design intention but plays with layout options introduced in to Clover which allowed BGM256 to work.

1870523027_1_4785_Darkboot_Screenshot2018-12-26at07_53.08_3.thumb.jpg.6e489da1651744693169039556ca757a.jpg

Even though DarkbootX did render centred before commit 4785 or after r4820 the code was still incorrect as EntriesWidth was incorrect and and EntriesGap was not being seen on the screen.

EntriesWidth
=============
The current calculation of EntriesWidth is strange as Slice pointed out.

EntriesWidth = GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize + (16 * row0TileSize) / 144;

BGM
EntriesWidth = 128 + (16 * 144) / 144;        = 144  <-- Ends up being same as Selection_big width

DarkBootX
EntriesWidth = 128 + (16 * 180) / 144;        = 148  <-- Ends up being neither Selection_big or icon width

Proposed Change 1
============

I suggest to just use row0TileSize (also SelectionBigWidth from theme.plist) for EntriesWidth.

//EntriesWidth = GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize + (16 * row0TileSize) / 144;
      EntriesWidth = row0TileSize;

Then centre the icons as per Slice's simple drawing above, otherwise themes such as DarkBootX will not be centered.

//row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? EntriesGap : 8) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
      //            * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;
      row0PosX = row0TileSize + EntriesGap;
      row0PosX = row0PosX * MaxItemOnScreen;
      row0PosX = row0PosX - EntriesGap;
      row0PosX = UGAWidth - row0PosX;
      row0PosX = row0PosX / 2;

Proposed Change 2 (Not done)
============

Also.. menu.c has

#define ROW0_SCROLLSIZE (100)

However, Clover does not use a scroll at either side of the icons, so why not have this setting user definable in the theme.plist? Setting this to a lower value can allow more larger icons to fit on a smaller screen for example.

Moving forward
============

One caveat is that as TileXSpace is now used properly, any themes based on BGM256 or for example DarkBootX which uses the layout options

<key>TileXSpace</key>
            <integer>nn</integer>

will now properly have nn Gap between icons. This will need to be reduced in most instances. Here's an image showing BGM256 with three different TileXSpace values.

screenshot_BGM256_TileXSpace_diffs.thumb.jpg.57c5c7fea62802da8dfeaa88d7287a7b.jpg

Also, for now with Clovy theme only when SelectionOnTop="0", the selector draws the selected icon in a different position. This needs to be addressed next..

Here's a test build for testing:

CLOVERX64.efi.zip

Edited by blackosx

On 12/26/2018 at 10:18 AM, SavageAUS said:

What's up with the line down the middle?

screenshot1.thumb.png.f23275ecfee7e8ba3a3c22c86d64459c.png

What can I say, "InsanelyLook" (and also "Carbon") theme use:

<key>Background</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Type</key>
			<string>Tile</string>
		</dict>

.. and provided *.png is 1080p (why I limited into this size on Theme's Description), while your display is 1440p.

You could change it to "Type=Scale" though I'm not sure about Layout potitioning related to "background".

The easier is using another background image, not should be 1440p or larger but whatever it fits the Display with "Type=Scale". Yeah, these themes are bad on this part, I could provide an alternate bkg later but honestly.. I lost my interest using fixed background since Vector theme arrived hah haa.

No idea with your 2nd screenshot, are you using vector theme then switched to Raster? About Banner positioning is just previous posts back on this thread, I guess. 

8 hours ago, blackosx said:

Here's a test build for testing:

CLOVERX64.efi.zip

Here's my report;

Using your r4824 (test); both Raster & Vector theme with 128px icons as MainEntries would be alligned to the left side. Tested using Clovy and Mojave theme (No Layout customized, standard):

Clovy
VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_27_12_2018_20_10_34.png

Mojave
VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_27_12_2018_20_17_13.png

Any themes with bigger than 128px icons size however; are well alligned, but "TileXSpace" becomes too large: (Using Lightness256 here)

Lightness256
VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_27_12_2018_20_22_54.png

Edited by Badruzeus

This is very old bug/absent feature in DrawMainMenuEntries->BltImageCompositeBadge()

//to simplify suppose square images

Clovy theme has non-square images so we see shifting when selected.

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

Here's my report;

Using your r4824 (test); both Raster & Vector theme with 128px icons as MainEntries would be alligned to the left side. Tested using Clovy and Mojave theme (No Layout customized, standard):

Reveal hidden contents

Clovy
VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_27_12_2018_20_10_34.png

Mojave
VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_27_12_2018_20_17_13.png

Any themes with bigger than 128px icons size however; are well alligned, but "TileXSpace" becomes too large: (Using Lightness256 here)

Reveal hidden contents

Lightness256
VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_27_12_2018_20_22_54.png

Thanks for testing and thanks for the report.

Can you try this version with added debug statements to show me what's happening? I'm sure you know, but add the following to your config.plist

<key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
      <key>Debug</key>
      <true/>
    </dict>

debug.log will be written to /EFI/Clover/misc

CLOVERX64_DEBUG.zip

49 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Can you try this version with added debug statements to show me what's happening? I'm sure you know, but add the following to your config.plist

<key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
      <key>Debug</key>
      <true/>
    </dict>

debug.log attached

debug.log_gt520_r4824.zip

[mention=331032]blackosx[/mention]
long time no see.
seems to update christmas theme and newyear theme
there is no mojave icon and apfs icon.
screenshot0.thumb.png.f7a0bd770376004b936a7fc0f0520071.png

thanks in advance

Hi Sherlock’s
I’ll fix it soon. Thanks for the reminder.
debug.log attached
debug.log_gt520_r4824.zip

Thanks Badruzeus.
I’ll take a look soon when I get home.