Jump to content
Slice

Clover Themes

1,521 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good research Badruzeus. That kind of feedback helps

BTW, IIRC 256px themes were always quite hacky anyway. Clover only originally had support for 128px icons and I kinda forced 256px in there and got the desired result which you see in the BGM256 theme settings. So I’m not surprised it broke somewhere down the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

The problem is that because of vector themes, slice changed the way all themes are drawn. He proposed a solution but I believe that there is a better one probably where the value is calculated automatically from the size of the icons. Not sure though as I haven't looked at it closely enough, the GUI seriously gives me nightmares....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackosx said:

@Badruzeus

Can you try your themes with this test version of Clover?

CLOVER.efi.zip

Thank you, 256px MainEntries are well alligned with your r4817 (test).. only Buttons & Text are off position if using "BootCampStyle=true". Weird is Vector theme, compared to r4713 (with r4785 unCommitted) both have 8px Offset to the left (Orange box). Does this how latest Clovy.svg look like? This is what I meant on prev. post actually.

VirtualBox_Clover-GUI-001.png

 

r4813 (unCommitting r4785):

VirtualBox_Clover-GUI-002.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning. Just woke up to see your test results. Thanks for testing. :)

 

This is a good start then.

 

Well that test just reverted one change in commit #4785 where rox0PosX was changed to have the value of EntriesGap, instead of 8 (where did this 8 come from?) added to the calculation. In my 256px theme.plist, EntriesGap was 128 as this comes from Theme->Layout->TileXSpace.

-      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + 8 - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap) *
-                  ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;
+      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + EntriesGap - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
+                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

So it's now back to 8 (in my local source) as it used to be and may go on to explain why vector themes are off by 8 as you've discovered.

 

I've not used BootCampStyle but where you say 'only Buttons & Text are off position if using "BootCampStyle=true"' then I would hazard a guess that I will need to look at how Theme->Layout->TileYSpace from the theme.plist is taken in to account.

 

I'm out for most of today so won't be able to spend too much time on in.. but I'll see what I can come up with to help.

 

Keep up your hard work with your excellent themes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a quick test, setting BootCampStyle to BGM256 seems okay. Buttons and text are vertically placed okay so TileYSpace is being taken in to account with the current setting of 128 works. Have you got TileYSpace set in your theme.plist?

 

I'm outta time for now. Gotta go.

 

Edit. Need more testing with layout settings in theme.plist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slice Sorry for another report.

We have weird scrollbar appearance since r4811, only bar_fill & scroll_fill are shown properly (especially if they contain Alpha). Thanks.

 

scrollbar_r4811.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blackosx said:

After a quick test, setting BootCampStyle to BGM256 seems okay. Buttons and text are vertically placed okay so TileYSpace is being taken in to account with the current setting of 128 works. Have you got TileYSpace set in your theme.plist?

 

I'm outta time for now. Gotta go.

 

Edit. Need more testing with layout settings in theme.plist

Oops, I just realized that you replied twice.
OK, added "TileYSpace=N" under Layout, now Buttons & Text are shown properly for 256px theme with "BootCampStyle=true" (using your r4817 test). Many thanks.

BCS_TileYSpace.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

@Slice Sorry for another report.

We have weird scrollbar appearance since r4811, only bar_fill & scroll_fill are shown properly (especially if they contain Alpha). Thanks.

 

Oh, because the scrollbar was reduced to only those two parts instead of the six(?) it was previously.

 

EDIT: From here: 

 

Edited by apianti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blackosx said:

Morning. Just woke up to see your test results. Thanks for testing. :)

 

This is a good start then.

 

Well that test just reverted one change in commit #4785 where rox0PosX was changed to have the value of EntriesGap, instead of 8 (where did this 8 come from?) added to the calculation. In my 256px theme.plist, EntriesGap was 128 as this comes from Theme->Layout->TileXSpace.


-      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + 8 - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap) *
-                  ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;
+      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + EntriesGap - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
+                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

So it's now back to 8 (in my local source) as it used to be and may go on to explain why vector themes are off by 8 as you've discovered.

 

I've not used BootCampStyle but where you say 'only Buttons & Text are off position if using "BootCampStyle=true"' then I would hazard a guess that I will need to look at how Theme->Layout->TileYSpace from the theme.plist is taken in to account.

 

I'm out for most of today so won't be able to spend too much time on in.. but I'll see what I can come up with to help.

 

Keep up your hard work with your excellent themes.

 

Guessing that the line should instead be something like this instead:

      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? 8 : EntriesGap) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Oops, I just realized that you replied twice.
OK, added "TileYSpace=N" under Layout, now Buttons & Text are shown properly for 256px theme with "BootCampStyle=true" (using your r4817 test). Many thanks.

BCS_TileYSpace.png

That's great! Thanks for letting me know.

20 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Weird is Vector theme, compared to r4713 (with r4785 unCommitted) both have 8px Offset to the left (Orange box). Does this how latest Clovy.svg look like? 

 

I also see clovy's icons offset to the left, but what's strange is BGM_SVG's icons are not.

 

1098292965_Screenshot2018-12-22at19_16_30.thumb.png.4ba36a1d2b35cc361e89f505bc91bff1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Great to see the alignment issue with raster themes being looked into - hopefully the fix works for 128px raster themes too.

AFAICT, 128px raster themes look fine.

 

raster.thumb.jpg.b86eb077c6053045b06c9c8a2e73ed5a.jpg

2 hours ago, apianti said:

 

Guessing that the line should instead be something like this instead:


      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? 8 : EntriesGap) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

 

 

or actually, 

      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? EntriesGap : 8) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

as the 8 would not be used if SVG theme is true.

1 hour ago, Ingwar77 said:

"TileYSpace=N" under Layout

Do you mean "NO" Boolean,
or "N" string neutral,
or what? :huh:

in the above example, N would be an integer value to represent a number of pixels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackosx said:

I also see clovy's icons offset to the left, but what's strange is BGM_SVG's icons are not.

 

1098292965_Screenshot2018-12-22at19_16_30.thumb.png.4ba36a1d2b35cc361e89f505bc91bff1.png

 

This is down to the following section in VectorGraphics.c 

        if ((strstr(IconName, "selection_big") != NULL) && (!GlobalConfig.SelectionOnTop)) {
          GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize = (int)(IconImage->width * Scale); //xxx
          row0TileSize = GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize; // + (int)(16.f * Scale);
          DBG("main entry size = %d\n", GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize);
        }

So the GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize is only scaled if GlobalConfig.SelectionOnTop is not true.

 

Clovy has the selection set to be below:

SelectionOnTop="0"

 

Where as BGM_SCV has selection set to be above

SelectionOnTop="1"

 

Clovy:

9:139  0:004  GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize =144

 

BGM_SVG:

9:898  0:048  GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize =128

 

Changing Clovy theme to have SelectionOnTop="1" correctly centres the icons.

 

So I would say the above code needs to be changed to remove the condition regarding the state of GlobalConfig.SelectionOnTop ?

EDIT: no..needs more checks..

 

Edited by blackosx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for letting me know. I'll test with the DarkBootX theme and see.

 

Looks OK here on my current build, but then I'm currently working on changes. Did you try with the build I posted yesterday (above)?

 

 

screenshot.thumb.jpg.78fb08cf23b7cdd68a227cdce1690e4b.jpg

Edited by blackosx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Err, yeah, I wrote it backwards in haste but you knew what I was getting at. Have you looked at multiple rows to see if they are correct (and a bunch of custom entries)? Because it looks like they might have the same issue...

 

EDIT: Misspelled a word.

Edited by apianti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Awesome Donkey said:

 

Odd, I use the DarkBootX theme (latest version of the theme + latest Clover) and the MainEntries are off center.

Well, MainEntries are using 160px instead of 128px, duno why I got some difficulties when applying graphics fx with smaller layer; they're pixelated on some parts. If you take a look a theme like "Outlines"; I did layer crop to the OS logo.. I could get outline (stroke) no more than 1px if using small layer so.. they'll be pixelated: things that honestly I hate with Raster graphics if not using a proper image resampling method and or good properties when exporting 8-bit png (especially, if they contain transparency). They'll be better if built from vector but FYi, not all my Raster themes came from vector.

 

Anyway, I'm currently filtering my themes collection and see which of them will be converted (or rebuilt) to vector / svg. So, themes with 256px could be merged into one on the future (with 128px as standard for MainEntries) and Theme's repo will be slimmer (I hope, and not confusing ppl why there're more than one theme with a same look but just diff. size LoL).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Multiple rows? Sorry, not sure I understand. Do you mean multiple entries?

Edit: yeah I’m sure you do as you said add a bunch of custom entries

 

Ugh, I'm out of it. I mean like if there are more entries than appear on the screen, do they work right? And is there a difference between the rows between themes? Because it looks like the second row of icons is lower on raster themes now then vector themes, I think the same issue just vertically.

 

EDIT: I think I mean the reverse but whatever, I have no idea what I'm saying anymore, there just appears to be a difference.

Edited by apianti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Well, MainEntries are using 160px instead of 128px, duno why I got some difficulties when applying graphics fx with smaller layer; they're pixelated on some parts. If you take a look a theme like "Outlines"; I did layer crop to the OS logo.. I could get outline (stroke) no more than 1px if using small layer so.. they'll be pixelated: things that honestly I hate with Raster graphics if not using a proper image resampling method and or good properties when exporting 8-bit png (especially, if they contain transparency). They'll be better if built from vector but FYi, not all my Raster themes came from vector.

 

Anyway, I'm currently filtering my themes collection and see which of them will be converted (or rebuilt) to vector / svg. So, themes with 256px could be merged into one on the future (with 128px as standard for MainEntries) and Theme's repo will be slimmer (I hope, and not confusing ppl why there're more than one theme with a same look but just diff. size LoL).

I assume that your vector themes will be 128px very nice, I can not wait to try it.

Great luck in making vector themes 128 px.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, blackosx said:
13 hours ago, Ingwar77 said:

"TileYSpace=N" under Layout

Do you mean "NO" Boolean,
or "N" string neutral,
or what? :huh:

in the above example, N would be an integer value to represent a number of pixels.

Now the value is 32, which one do you suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ingwar77 said:

Now the value is 32, which one do you suggest?

Are you referring to blackosx's r4817 (test version)..?

It depends on which theme used and MainEntries size.

Example below is using "FlatCamp" theme with "BootCampStyle=true", it has 160px for MainEntries BTW.

 

Spoiler

		<key>Layout</key>
		<dict>
			...
			<key>ButtonOffset</key>
			<integer>32</integer>
			<key>TileXSpace</key>
			<integer>40</integer>
			<key>Vertical</key>
			<false/>
			...
		</dict>

 

"TileYSpace" is not used under Layout; it looks fine. But for theme with 256px MainEntries, it' s needed on this case.

This could be temporary solution anyway.

FlatCamp-Test-BCS-r4817.png

Edited by Badruzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Reel
      All work except camera
      You need SwitchResX that the screen does not freeze
         


    • By RougeOne
      Budget Workstation MacOS 10.14.1 build: z370 AORUS Gaming 5 - i5-8600K - RX 580 - UHD 630
      flawless iGPU/dGPU integration, fast FCPX editing/rendering, great overall performance for ~$1200 / ~£1000
       
      Update: updated WhateverGreen and Lilu, then updated OS to 10.14.3 and everything is fine! Even iMessage, which previously I hadn't been able to make work, is now working - possibly the update flushed the NVRAM?
       
      I'm gonna come straight out and admit it - I used newb tools which are considered taboo on InsanelyMac, and so this isn't so much an installation guide as it is a green flag to anyone considering the same hardware. My first and previous Hackintosh project was just over ten years ago and this site was massively helpful, so this is my (very small) way of giving back.
       
      EFI DIRECTORY
      http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=97606131925137056003
       
      HARDWARE
      CPU: Intel i5-8600K 3.6GHz hexacore (contains UHD 630 iGPU)
      CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim (no paste needed, and fan facing front)
      Mobo: GIGABYTE z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (WIFI)
      RAM: 1x 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX C16 2666MHz (in first slot)
      GFX Card: Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ SE
      SATA: used ports 0, 1, 3, 5 (HDD problems when connected to port 4)
      HDD: generic
      DVD Drive: generic
      PSU: EVGA 500W Semi Modular (but you should get 650W!)
      Case: CoolerMaster CM590 III
      Fans: 2x stock case fans (one sucky on front, one blowy on back), 3x be quiet! BL046 120mm fans (two blowy on top, one sucky on front). Airflow near-perfectly balanced.
       
      ADVICE
      With the Clover configuration, you want to pay close attention to all things relating to graphics. There are some specific settings for ACPI, Boot, Devices and Graphics which should be copied exactly in order to get the iGPU and dGPU to work in perfect harmony. For instance, make sure you use ig-platform-id 59120003 rather than 59120000 if you want FCPX to be usable. With the right settings, FCPX will not only run, but run flawlessly.
       
      I was not able to figure out how to make NVRAM/PRAM behave itself, and I got errors when I tried to issue relevant commands. As a result, I could not at first get iMessage to work properly. It worked once on my first installation attempt but not from subsequent attempts. This Clover configuration therefore has no consideration whatsoever toward iMessage reliability - however, iMessage ended up working somehow, anyway - I noticed it after I'd updated to 10.14.3 but this may just have been coincidence.
       
      Onboard WiFi does not work. There is no driver for it. I'm using wired ethernet to a bridge router as it was cheaper than getting a compatible PCI card.
       
      Audio is working well after I installed the z370 audio patch, then the ALC1220 codecs, then AppleALC.
       
      With kexts for generic 3rd party SATA and generic 3rd party eSATA, my HDDs and DVD drive work perfectly well.
       
      Sleep/Wake functions run perfectly. iCloud functions run perfectly. Shutdown leaves the mobo LEDs on, annoyingly.
       
      My USB 3 ports seem to suffer from low power output, and I don't know why.
       
      Overall, this system appears to run about as well under MacOS 10.14 Mojave as it does under Windows 7. I would solidly recommend this build to anyone looking to build a computer for workstation purposes, on a budget.
    • By JhonneR
      Good morning, everyone, I'm sorry if I was wrong in choosing the topic but I need help.
      I have found it extremely difficult to mount a Hackintosh in my acer.
      Setup;
      I5 2430m 2.4 6GB RAM
      Mobo P5we0 - Intel intel Graphics 3000
      At the moment I have not found out what my audio codecs are.
      but I'll leave the link on the motherboard.
      however, my real problem is several.
      I have already used the itakos image, I have already used several images that could be installed normally and that after installing the image I do not have internet via cable or wireless.
      And another, I already looked in other forums and I know that I will be called a donkey in the logical question but I have not been able to install the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] or clover to start from the Hard Disk, so I do not know what to do.At the moment I still do not know if there has already been someone who has already installed the High Sierra or just the Sierra in this notebook model and obtained permanent success.
      If anyone can help me, I'll be grateful.
      Installations without success, but with the system already installed in ACER;
      SIERRA
      HIGH SIERRA
      MOJAVE
      All with the same symptom. Starting only by the bootable USB stick and without internet connection via cable and wireless.
      Appreciate ! Acer 5750 Official Page
    • By Slice
      Since rev 4844 Vector Themes are supported and there are ready-to-use Clovy by Clovy, cesium by Slice and BGM_SVG by Blackosx.
      You may see it's structure to create own theme
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       
       
      Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.
      It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.
      It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.
       
      What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?
      Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.
      LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.
      Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.
      Illustrator is good but expensive.
       
      How to improve SVG file?
      Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.
      Some helps:
      Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files
      From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files
      From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW
      Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation
      User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually
      Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.
       
      How to create SVG fonts?
      You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.
      You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.
      But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.
      You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.
       
      Pictures from Badruzeus
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=301597
×