Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Hello there, I'm creating a theme for personal use and I have 2 questions.

1. Is it possible to use a colour for background instead of an image? 
    For instance "draw" #d7d7d7. Using a pattern as tile is, kinda, too complicated for such a simple action as draw.
  2. Why png-24 files have dark and "hard" edges?
    To be more specific, the rounded edges on the rounded rectangles or whatever has curved outlines. 

Thank you.  :D

Hello there, I'm creating a theme for personal use and I have 2 questions.

1. Is it possible to use a colour for background instead of an image? 

For instance "draw" #d7d7d7. Using a pattern as tile is, kinda, too complicated for such a simple action as draw.

2. Why png-24 files have dark and "hard" edges?

To be more specific, the rounded edges on the rounded rectangles or whatever has curved outlines. 

1. As far as I remember first pixel of banner will be background color. I don't know if the logic changed.

2. png decoder in Clover is very limited. Use only such png files that can be accepted by Clover.

wait... here      Optimise PNG files    

1. As far as I remember first pixel of banner will be background color. I don't know if the logic changed.

2. png decoder in Clover is very limited. Use only such png files that can be accepted by Clover.

wait... here      Optimise PNG files    

Banner? Isn't the background image used?

Example from clover page and it looks that it's written by you

<key>Background</key>
<dict>
    <key>Path</key>
    <string>MetalBack.png</string>
    <key>Type</key>
    <string>Crop</string>
    <key>Sharp</key>
    <string>0x80</string>
    <key>Dark</key>
    <true/>
</dict>

Anyway I thought that the image is being repeated as in web design.

Images are easily placed in a line without the use of an image container, and most associate this kind of line-up with the notion of floatingimages; that is to say, if one too many of these images is added, the last one will just float to another page position rather than anchoringitself where it was put.

- Tiled Images (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Editing_Wikitext/Pictures/Tiled_Images#Tiled_Images)

Thank you for the clarification.

I have read the article you're pointing and since the images are png-8 I decided to omit the use of that script and I have created them by myself in photoshop which gave me a clear rounded rectangle but any other image, more complex so to say, is distorted because of the limited abilities in png-8 type. I will try the tool recommended in the "Optimise PNG files" thread as they show excellent results on their website.

Best regards.  :D 

Delete Background section and use file

<key>Banner</key>
		<string>Logo.png</string>

First pixel is in left top corner.

I see now.. I didn't pay much attention to the banner section as I wasn't using it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

how to change background of the theme?i just want to change it for my personal use  :)

everytime i try to change ,the background goes black

Two posts above?

• 2 weeks later...

Today i will make my contribution to the CLOVER community. Please welcome: Classic Mac OS theme for CLOVER

post-598588-0-36386100-1461844779_thumb.png

Hope, you all enjoy it... regards.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

PS: if installed, you will find a little surprise.

Updated Theme to V1.1

Changelog:

- font now supports german letters: ä, ö, ü, Ä, Ö, Ü, ß

- new scrollbar

- fixed iconglitches

- reduced icon size for "loading Extensions" Animation from 64x64 to 32x32 pixels per icon, so it takes less space and is much closer to the "classic look".

Updated theme to v1.2

Changelog:

- font settings optimized for "Proportional" setting

- macOS Sierra icon for SIERRA bootdrive

Updated theme to v1.3

Changelog:

- macOS HighSierra icon for HIGH SIERRA bootdrive (klick here to see, how it looks alike)

Classic Mac OS v1.3.zip

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Btw, guys where can i download the Hellfire theme from rev666? I would love to make it work with the current ones.  :dev:

Git clone all theme and Clover Theme Manager

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes cloverefiboot-themes

Btw, guys where can i download the Hellfire theme from rev666? I would love to make it work with the current ones.  :dev:

Here it is

hellfire.zip

Initial author is lllevelll. You should keep his copyright and add your copyright.

C'mon!

• Like 1