Tinkergnome

Dell Precision 690 Post Install Help

22 posts in this topic

I have a Dell Precision 690 that I have got 10.8.2 installed on. I am having issues with getting my network card set as built in, I also need some help with making sure my GPU is being detected properly, and I need a some help making a DSDT or setting the correct patches, as well as getting my SAS drive to show as internal or hidden it currently looks like a yellow external with a white rectangle with several lines coming out of it and my windows buttons on my keyboard do not work as the command button.

Graphics card is a ASUS HD6670

I am using the BCM5722d.kext to get my nic working

modified AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext to get my SAS controller working

keyboard is a Logitech G110

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Credits</key>
<string>Created with Champlist</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1440x900x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600041c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK941S0LXYL</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Advertisement

Hey Rampage thanks here are the files below well in a zip as i am not allowed to upload a dsdt. I am not sure if I did the ioreg properly i ran it from a shell outputting it to a txt file. if you would like it done differently let me know how to do it. Thanks

dsdt_ireg.zip

Figured out keyboard issue it was stuck in game mode which disables the windows keys. Also here is a picture of the drive icon i was talking of.

post-1154487-0-38430500-1369196066.png

Figured out keyboard issue it was stuck in game mode which disables the windows keys. Also here is a picture of the drive icon i was talking of.

Back trace what kext that uses and then post it here. I have to mod the kext. Please list the full model name and BIOS version that is on the SAS card.

Also for IOreg:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/how-to-use-ioreg/

the SAS controller is a

LSI 1068 SAS/SATA 3.0Gb/s controller. I am attaching a photo as it contains more

information. I am also attaching the kext that i use for it as well as it has already been modified. Not sure if it is easier to fix that or just make a new one.

AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext.zip

Michael’s Mac Pro.ioreg.txt

post-1154487-0-30412200-1369230516_thumb.jpg

Graphics card is a ASUS HD6670

1gb GDDR5

with these ports DVI, Display Port, HDMI

I just got home will try the sas kext shortly

thank you rampage does this also include the built in ethernet??

Yes as a boot sting. Your NCI does not support the DSDT edit for it.

Test this extra folder and then report back with a new IOreg. Thanks.

Hey Rampage here is the new ioreg. NIC still not showing as built in. Had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot without it just had black screen. NIC shows as built in using the network utility during install any ideas.

Also noticed that sound is gone and everything is kind of laggy when opening things like safari the animation takes 2-3 seconds before the page is open

Michael’s Mac Pro.ioreg.txt

Hey Rampage here is the new ioreg. NIC still not showing as built in. Had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot without it just had black screen. NIC shows as built in using the network utility during install any ideas.

Is SAS showing as internal?

I do believe so it has the same icon appearance as the sata drive

OK. I am a little short on time atm. But if you find what Framebuffer uses under Mac I will add it to the DSDT.

Hey Rampage I am having a devil of a time figuring out what framebuffer is used i realy dont know how to start and figure it out properly. I have found tons of different things regarding it and not realy any helped. I did find a modified kext for my GPU have yet to have success with it though.

ATI6000Controller with modified personality for ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5

Need DSDT.

In org.chameleon.Boot, add AtiConfig=Pithecia GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Going to try and reinstall everything with the modified kext you sent me for the sas drivers and use that ati6000controller kext and hope for the best might get a little further along. Still have issue with the nic not showing up as internal any ideas as to where to go next for that.

Hey Rampage it appears that if i use AtiConfig=Pithecia and AtiPorts=3 then i seem to be good to go.

Post a IOreg so I can inject the card in the DSDT. Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77102#p77102

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By bradipi15
      Ciao ragazzi ho un problema strano... 
      Praticamente quando avvio il pc usando il dsdt, appena connetto la tavoletta grafica huion h640p, il pc si riavvia... 
      Se invece tolgo il dsdt, funziona tutto perfettamente... 
    • By bradipi15
      Ciao ragazzi, ho bisogno di un aiuto per verificare che ho fatto tutto giusto, perché penso che la mx150 non sia effettivamente disabilitata. Ho utilizzato un dsdt fatto da gengik84 per un pc simile al mio.. Al momento penso di avere solo due problemi : la mx150, appunto... E poi il trackpad riesco ad usarlo in modalità advanced da bios proprio grazie al dsdt, però il doppio tap per trascinare oggetti ecc non va... L'ho abilitato anche dal menu accessibilità.. 
      Grazie mille! 

• By yehia2amer
      Problem:
      When I Attempt to wake my Machine from sleep, the screen stays black, although the computer is obviously awake !
      This Machine has a 1300W Power Supply So Sleep is Very Useful.

I Tried:
      1) FIX_WAK and FixShutdown as per Clover Wiki.
      2) Although I am using "SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5", which Should be completely Supported by Mojave, I Also changed the Part Number to "113-4E353BU-O4E" as per this Guide: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/archives/feb18/RadeonRX-580_MacPro.html. The GPU is working GREAT without even Clover Inject
      3) Tried to Run this command: disablehibernate.command.zip
      4) Tried darkwake=0 to 10
      5) Disabled wake on USB & Wake on LAN (BIOS)

Logs:
      sudo pmset -g
      System-wide power settings: Currently in use: hibernatemode 0 disksleep 10 womp 0 networkoversleep 0 sleep 0 Sleep On Power Button 1 ttyskeepawake 1 hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage autorestart 0 gpuswitch 2 displaysleep 10 pmset -g assertions
      2019-02-19 18:51:04 +0200 Assertion status system-wide: BackgroundTask 1 ApplePushServiceTask 0 UserIsActive 1 PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0 PreventSystemSleep 0 ExternalMedia 1 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0 NetworkClientActive 0 Listed by owning process: pid 56(powerd): [0x0000001700088000] 00:13:44 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted" pid 100(hidd): [0x00000025000980a7] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968578.17" Timeout will fire in 600 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease pid 200(mds_stores): [0x0000034e000b8279] 00:00:00 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds_stores.power" Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB id=502 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 2:00 AM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d130000 owner=USB Keyboard id=503 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 2:00 AM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d120000 owner=Lenovo Optical Mouse Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler  
      Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors
      RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory
      GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5
      Chipset: Intel C602
      Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio
      SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  
      Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210 
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

for more info:

Any Help will be appreciated, Thanks !

Send me Yehias-Mac-Pro.zip
    • By yehia2amer
      Dell Precision T7610 Workstation
      Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)

Introduction: 
      Hi Everyone,
      This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ).

Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GD5 Chipset: Intel C602 Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

Working:
      Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh) ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla) Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280)  (using VoodooHDA till Now - it is partially working with AppleALC using layout-id 13) LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2) Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla) Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet) USB 2.0  
      Not Working:
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202) Sleep  
      https://github.com/yehia2amer/Dell-Precision-T7610-Workstation-Hackintosh-Guide