Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

USB mouse not working (but keyboard is...) after 10.6.8 update

3 posts in this topic

I've recently updated from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 on my amd pc.

I used ##### with several fixes including usb rollback before restarting.

After some tinkering I've managed to get it to boot to the desktop.

However, my cursor is stuck in the top left of the screen.

I can still use my keyboard however so It's not the common usb error (which rollback should have fixed).

I have tried manually inserting 10.6.3 Kexts for iousbfamily.kext and the other one, something to do with storage?.. But the mouse still doesn't work.

I've tried several usb mouses and none work so I know it's not the device.

Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nico3469
      Hey guys
      Here is my little guide to install OSX 10.6.8 on the EeePC 1000H.
      I'll quote some of the CicciMTS and scenemusic topics, thank you guys.
      What is needed ?
      A Asus EeePC 1000H
      A 8GB or more USB Pen drive
      An empty hard disk drive
      An other mac or hackintosh
      A USB mouse
      My package of tools, including the latest Apple OS X 10.6.8 Combo update
      Restore and Boot from USB
      On your mac/hack, go to Disk Utility, find your USB Pen drive, erase it with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled). Then, restore your iAtkos image on your USB pen drive.
      Next, you need to make your USB drive Bootable. Find Chameleon in the tools Folder, open it and install it on your new Snow Leopard USB pen drive.
      Boot into BIOS, if available, set the SATA mode to AHCI. If you can't it should work too so don't worry
      Select your USB Pen Drive and boot on it. Chameleon will appear, select your iAtkos install drive, and type -v to boot in verbose mode. After a moment, the OSX installer should appear. Trackpad will not work so plug in a usb mouse. Select your language and click next. on the top of the screen, find disk utilty, and erase your HDD with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled) options, and close Disk Utility. Click Next until the installer ask you on which drive you want to install OSX. Do not install it yet, click on Customize. Select the following options :

USB (all)

SATA/AHCI or INTEL SATA/IDE if you didn't enable AHCI in your bios

GMA950 (all)

Ralink RT2860

Click OK and install OSX on your HDD.
      First Boot and update to 10.6.8
      Remove your USB stick from your computer, Chameleon should appear, boot your new OSX installation with -v boot flag. Once you've created your account you should be on your desketop.
      Run the Combo Update installer but do not reboot!! Force Quit out of the installer (hold down the Option key and click and hold over the Installer icon in the Dock. Select Force Quit) and Run the Legacy Kernel installer and then reboot the machine.
      now you should see that your graphics driver doesn't work anymore. Run Kext Utility and let it repair the permissions and update the cache. when it says "all done" drag and drop all the graphics kext into kext utility, and when it says "all done", reboot your computer. Cross your fingers and reboot your computer. You should now have a fully working EeePC 1000H, with graphics, sound, wifi, USB, bluetooth and Ethernet Working with the lastest Snow Leopard update. You can have the latest security updates on your system with Software Update, it will not damage your installation.
      Sorry for my bad english, I'm french. Fell free to ask questions if you need, thank you guys
    • By Warmach1ne
      After I updated to 10.6.8, I was unable to boot properly. I booted my machine in verbose mode, and this showed up.

I used the boot flags PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x3000 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
    • By 0000-1248
      Hi everyone, sorry to bother you (again). I have an LG AN WF-100 Wireless dongle kicking around in the closet and I was wondering whether I could use this with Mac OS X (It would save me $10 which I know doesn't sound like much but it's money all the same). Are there any drivers for it? If so could you please share them with the community.
      Thanks in advance,
      - Matt
    • By HackinHelp
      So after I installed my Graphics Kext for my HD Radeon 3200 on snow leopard, everything went find but my mouse is this glitchy image shown in attachment. The only way for the cursor to show up is if I enlarge to a very large size and yet it will still revert to its glitchy image when the cursor is not moving. (Also anyone know how to get Realtek High definition Audio working in Snow leopard let me know pls)

• By Solaris82
      Ciao Possiedo Asus M2NPV-vm amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 4000 +  
      4 gb ram
      2 hd da 160gb
      scheda video radeon hd5450 
      Ho installato Snow Leopard 10.6.8 funziona tutto perfettamente (scheda video, audio, internet) sto cercando da molto tempo di aggiornarlo a qualsiasi versione successiva (lion,maverich,yosemite) così via dicendo ma alla fine della installazione mi dà sempre lo stesso errore ecco la foto del' errore.
      Chi mi può aiutare??           
      Hello I own Asus M2NPV-vm amd athlon ™ 64 x2 dual core 4000+   4 gb ram   2 hd 160gb   video card radeon HD5450   I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.8 everything works perfectly (video card, audio, internet) I'm looking for a long time to update it at any later version (lion, maverich Yosemite) so forth but at the end of the installation always gives me the same error here is the photo of the 'error.   Who can help me ??