How to change from IDE to AHCI Post installation?

1 post in this topic

[solved since writing]

For help to others. Installed AHCI_Extended_Injector.kext in S/L/E, repaired permissions and all works (with -f at present) with Dell 435 BIOS set to RAID. Did not remove any other kexts as there seemed to be no other AHCIInjccetors that ahd been installed. Now just have to work out how to change windows.

---------------------------------

I have Dell 435MT (BIOS options are only ATA and RAID , which many says ==AHCI). I have a working dual boot system with Win7x64 and OSX 10.8.2 (performed with myHack awith 10.8 and then upgraded to 10.8.2) - there is no DSDT used.Having ordered a SSD I realise now I need to change to AHCI and need to get it working in OSX first before I change Windows (where I can change I believe with registry change). If I change the BIOS to RAID(Dell===AHCI) and boot with -f then the system hangs at [starting PCI Configuration] but there is no Kernal Panics.

I had thought that as OSX was AHCI based the kext would be present and it would adapt with -f but I obviously need to make soem adjustment. preseumably myHack did not install these at the time. Do I need to do a reinstall something I would like to avoid? I have found two kexts (AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA) do I need to add these to S/L/E to get it to work.

I also found AHCI_Extended_Injector.kext which has been used successfully with a Dell 435 and the instructions say "Also included IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector in it, for all drives to show internal and DVD keyboard eject/DVD.app fix. RAID ID's are also included for all the AHCI/RAID switchable controllers I could find. Remove other AHCI or BlockStorage injectors and install to S/L/E" Is this kext what I should use and what are the other AHCI or BlockStorage Injectors I should remove?

Thanks for any help anybody can give.