Force reboot after updating to 10.6.8

wvmkwv

1 post in this topic

Hello guys :D,

I'm setting up and using my Hackintosh ( PC Specs are on the end of Post ) for one week now and I have come to the "Update-Science" now. After I figured everything out how to run a 10.6 pretty stable and with no big issues on my AMD I waned to update the System to 10.6.8 so I will get an AppSore and can install some of my games.

I read myself through some posts and did these things ( in Order ):

-Fresh install of Snow Leopard ( 10.6.0 )

-Set everything up ( just user things like Browsers and Mail Clients )

-Downloaded Mac OS X Combo Update 10.6.8 v.1.1

-Downloaded legacy_kernel-10.6.8.pkg

-Installed the Combo Update but did not reboot afterwards!

-Installed the legacy_kernel-10.6.8.pkg

-Started [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.10.1 and selected these things to Install: <System Utilities> <IOUSB Family Rollback> ( Because I know that after 10.6.5 Update none of my USB ports were working )

-Rebooted

And thats where the Problem is - I see the Bootloader ( see picture in Attachements ) - then there is the Screen with the silver apple - the little loading Circle pops up - and then the PC suddenly reboots. There isn't even a Kernel Panic I can see. The PC just reboots! So it is very hard for me to trace the file or function that triggers the reboot.

I've tried installing without the Legacy Kernel but then it always gives me a Kernel Panic ( of course :P )

What is missing or what am I doing wrong?

----Here some Information about my PC and my Installation method----

AMD Phenom X4 970 @ 3,51 GHZ

4GB DDR3 RAM

M4A89GTD Pro USB3 Mainboard

2 Internal SATA 6GB/s HDD's

NVIDIA GTX260 Graphics Card

2 LCD Screens ( one connected via HDMI and one via DVI-D )

Installed with Nawcom’s ModCD And an Original DVD of Snow Leopard

While installing selected following custom features: <Legacy Kernel> <AppleATIATA> <VoodooHDA> <GraphicsEnabler>

I didn't select SleepEnabler if thats somehow important.

I didnt install any custom Bootloader. It is still the one that came after the installation of 10.6 and iI did not need to install another because it always worked ( see attached Picture ).

I didn't install a System Specification such as Mac Pro or IMac via [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

I didn't install specific video drivers. Just starting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes was enough for FullHD , a smooth Picture and even two Screens.

post-1012687-0-16266700-1367359106_thumb.jpg