Artifacts and freezes Intel HD3000

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

I got full Acceleration on my Toshiba c850,

I have attached my system report screen, system info and artifact screen.

My problem is when ever I use Abode Photoshop, Dreamweaver or Adobe Illustrator,

after 10 minutes Screen flickers and get artifacts and then freezes.

only restart is my solution at present, please do help.

Regards,

Vipin

dsdt.aml.zip

post-1124407-0-21173000-1367130001_thumb.png

post-1124407-0-41588000-1367130005_thumb.png

post-1124407-0-14448400-1367130016_thumb.jpg

post-1124407-0-88132800-1367130595.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, is the problem persistent or occasional? Most HD3000 users here have occasional artifacts. There is no fix for that yet.

For the mean time though, remove "-f" or "use kernel cache" flags from the boot.plist (if present).

Also, download kext utility and run it to repair permission and rebuild caches.

EDIT: Just found out your laptop is using a 2nd gen core cpu on a 7-series board. That requires an MEI patch.

EDIT2: Here's the patched DSDT with toleda's MEI patch. As a bonus I added memory controller and fixed USB sleep.

Give this DSDT a try and tell me how it goes.

I think this'll at least fix the freezes which were most likely due to OS X getting confused and unloading the framebuffer.

DSDT.aml.zip

That backfired alright.

Yu can boot with DSDT=null to get back into your system.

I don't have time to look further into this right now, so for the mean time use this attached DSDT. Its the same as the first (working) one with only the memory controller added.

I'll be back tomorrow.

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

You upgraded your CPU from B950 or B960? There are some reported problems due to compatibility between HM76 + i3 or i5 related to TDP, even in windows after about 30 mins the system fail. So, it is all OK in windows? if you could run stress tests / pass without problems? Or maybe bad ram module(s)?

Well, that explains why the DSDT backfired. I don't see any problems in your DSDT.

I've got nothing else in mind now...

Have a look at this threads and try the different suggestions and kexts provided.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282045-hd3000-full-acceleration-for-108/page__hl__%20hd3000

• 7 months later...

I too have this problem my screen freezes and i need to restart. i have qe/ci working proeprly only problem is the screen freeze so if there is any solution :) thanx in advance :)

• 1 year later...