Bootable SL Usb

Daniss1

10 posts in this topic

I need to create a usb bootable to install Snow leopard, i have a SL retail dvd and the kexts (fakeSMC.kext, NullCPUmagnamente.kext) and a dsdt patched (i don't know if it works, but i also have kext for all i'll need).

The fact is that i have any mac available at the moment, so the usual way of creating the bootable usb is not an option.

I need a guide to create the usb from windows, with the bootloader (doesn't matter if is chameleon, ##### o anyone, the one that works better) and SL dvd (i have no optical drive, so i prefer to put all in the same pendrive) and also all the kexts that i have to install.

I have been searching trough the internet a lot but i couldn't find any guide or tutorial where it's explained how to do it.

Last time i do it with iatkos v7 and ddmac (which allows me to create the bootable from windows, but now i can't do it, it creates the booatable but it doesn't work on any computer, it stucks reading the pendrive without getting to the install menu)

The important points are:

-having bootloader, SL dvd, kexts and dsdt in the SAME pendrive (this is the most important thing)

-creating it from windows (i don't have a mac available at the moment)

-if possible a link to all files i'll need (basically files from bootloader, the others i have all ithink)

-making it bootable from any kind of computer (i've find that some bootables i've made doesn't boot on some computers, maybe because of the bootloader)

Hope you can help me, i've been trying it a lot but i haven't get it.

You can create it from a Virtual Machine. And with this guide your USB: http://www.wikihow.c...-on-an-Intel-PC DSDT you can place in /Extra

yes, it's an option and i've thought about it but i'll need to install, configurate and setup the virtual machine, and i want (if possible) to spend the less time doing it.

Thanks for the link, very helpfull, I'll follow it when i do it.

That i was asking for is a guide to make it from windows only with a program, but it it's not possible i'll follow your advice and install a virtual machine.

yes, it's an option and i've thought about it but i'll need to install, configurate and setup the virtual machine, and i want (if possible) to spend the less time doing it.

Thanks for the link, very helpfull, I'll follow it when i do it.

That i was asking for is a guide to make it from windows only with a program, but it it's not possible i'll follow your advice and install a virtual machine.

From my knowing you really can't do it from Windows.

Why need bootable USB?You have retail dvd,look here:

http://www.osx86.in/...-pc-laptop.html

yes, good tutorial, but the problem i find is that i have no optical drive, and now i have no access to any kind of external drives, mac o others because i'm far from home, so the solutions of finding an external drive, a mac or other similars are not feasible, i have think about them before.

What virtualmachine you recommend me, one that is easy to install and to setup it to make the bootable? running leopard or snow leopard, doesn't matter i think because disk utility (which i need) is the same app in both OS

What virtualmachine you recommend me, one that is easy to install and to setup it to make the bootable? running leopard or snow leopard, doesn't matter i think because disk utility (which i need) is the same app in both OS

Anyone? Maybe you know a guide about how to do it in the easier way,

I'm thinking about copying the dvd and making a booteable with ultraiso (it's possible?) and editing the files that i need to put into the pendrive directly from windows... ¿will it work?

all is possible, if you not have a Mac for make your USBInstaller, you need a Virtual Machine with MAC OS X installed from win and create your USBInstaller with your DVD SNOW, only need restore your DVD WITH Disk Utility for your USB, them make a folder Extra with smbios and org.ot.plist and folder Extensions with yours kexts, now if you want how to make a USBInstaller with SNOW DVD or .dmg google it, google is your fiend .

you need a Virtual Machine with MAC OS X installed from win

Yes, i'm asking now if someone can recommend me any virtualmachine that is easy to set up and from which y can do it

create your USBInstaller with your DVD SNOW, only need restore your DVD WITH Disk Utility for your USB, them make a folder Extra with smbios and org.ot.plist and folder Extensions with yours kexts, now if you want how to make a USBInstaller with SNOW DVD or .dmg google it, google is your fiend .

i know how to make the usb installer, the problem is what virtual machine should i use, and, if possible which won't take more time to be set up than installing OSX in the computer.

Ok, all done, i-ve make 4 partitions in a 32gb pendrive.

Partition 1:bootloader chameleon (i need help to insert my dsdt and extra folder here if needed, cause right now i can´t boot the second partition (SL Retail DVD)

Partition 2:SL Retail DVD, when i try to boot it it says: kernel match not found, i need help with these, don´t know if i have to modify the bootloader partition to solve it

Partition 3:iatkos, the one that works well in most computer i´ve tried, so i´ve install it cause i can not instal the retail dvd

Partition 4: dsdt and kext that i need, kext wizard and other i could need

Any solution to my problem? i have running iatkos now but i prefer installing a clean version...