Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
User1608

Disabling progress bars on icons in Finder?

2 posts in this topic

Is it possible to deactivate those icon animations in Finder?

1SPns7S.png

I already had a look at this list but couldn't find any related entry.

Those progress bars seem very buggy to me; sometimes they are just stuck even if the copying has long finished. Also if you move any file per drag & drop above those icons while the progress bar is displayed, some white rectangle is flickering like hell around the file icons you are dragging.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pepitillo
      Hello there,

I'm been seeing a message on my hackintosh since I've updated to High Sierra, and I thought that it was related to the OS version.

The message says the following:

This is displayed when I first log in my desktop (directly with the Finder Application), and whatever that uses Finder Services (choosing a file or location, for example), in every application once from it's opened.

I have updated my other partition to Mojave, and I have the same problem there.

For information, I don't use iCloud Services.

So I don't know if it would be a configuration issue or something like that... I use Clover to boot, and the system is on my signature. The message is a little bit annoying. 

Is anyone also facing this? 

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

• By Fory360
      Hi, I install clean high sierra on SSD, the iconservicesagent keeps on bogging down the system while eating up all the memory in a few seconds and then filling up my OS drive (an SSD) with swap space. I can force quit it in Activity Monitor, and I need to do it several times, before I can use my Mac again.

I happen to internal and external hdd with custom icons in videos, there are not many system utilities ready for High Sierra, but deleting caches does not help anything.

The Finder works on the main disk, but upon entering another HDD the iconservicesagent starts to function and blocks the computer completely.

With the 27-inch iMac me the same happened, is a disaster!!

the solution they give me in apple care is to reinstall the system from 0, I have already done it 2 times and the problem persists, that you have made apple, you have no solution for this?

High Sierra disaster, with macos saw not the problem of ICONSERVICESAGENT

Help!!

• By Cyberdevs
      This is a little app that will help you to easily hide or show your desktop icons.

Let's say you want to record a video of your desktop or you want to capture some screenshots of your desktop and you have a lot of files on your desktop already but you don't want to move them somewhere else, with this app you can easily make them invisible and once you're done you can make them visible again.
    • By HBP
      ok running into this issue, I have High Sierra  (APFS) installed on a second internal drive and I went to open a file with a program on my Primary drive (hfs+ formatted) and it simply hangs. no further no less. 

Seems to be intermittent as right now (4 restarts later) it is not acting up. 

HBP