How to patch a kext which does not contain a DeviceID?

GoGas

5 posts in this topic

New to HAckintosh and patching. Looking to to try and patch a Kext for Mountain Lion ( ATI3800Controller.kext) as I have a ATI3600 (PCI-E) card and wanted to try it. I have the PNPID as 0x95981002 as required and I am following this guide http://wiki.osx86pro...t_Patching_List . My problem is that the info.plist is clearly for ATI3800 so may work but does not contain a section <key>Device Name</key> followed by a <string>0xABCD0EFF</string> for me to replace.

1. Am I completely off track and that this is not feasible or of so how do I try and trick the kext to be used for my device (if I need to add a section where should I do this)?

2. Do I need to change all the references to from ATI3800 to ATI3600

Thanks

Update: have found a string that is 1002,0x1234 so worked out it is this.

Newer issue, found Chimera supports lots of AT 3600 but not the specific Device ID e.g. supports 9589 and wondering how I change or inject my ID

copy ATI 3800 kexts to desktop open contense copy plist info

open plist info with text editor add device id to it

below the id you are using or your hackintosh and . add you id vender then deviceID TO the string with a space. between each id in it. repair permissions and load with kext wizard . back up the kext. with it kext wizard.

1002 1234

Thanks - tried kext it but did not work - even if ID is in both files. Oddly using Graphics Enabler ifI set screen in Chameleon Wizard to 1680x1050 it uses 1400x900 and yet if set to 1400x900 uses 1150 x850 - weird seems to use one resolution lower