Dual Boot Problem

Rogiervd

7 posts in this topic

Hi, i have a new system and i wanted to have a dual boot. I have 2 HDD's one for Mountain Lion and one for Windows 7. I have a succesfull dual boot on my laptop but i can't get it working on this machine. I installed Windows first and after that Mountain Lion successful. I installed all my needed kext and got it working and my bootloader works. But now i can't boot into windows anymore. When i select System Reserved the windows Flag comes up and then restarts. Could someone please explain i can't boot into system recovery because it says: This option for System Restore isn't available with your version of windows. (Don't know i translated it from dutch since i have a dutch install DVD). Maybe i need to write a new MBR from Mac?

Do you have the partitions on the same drive or on they different ones?

May we have the specifications of your computer, please? My signature contains the kind of information you need to give us.

The partition are on different ones.

Processor: Quad Core Q8300

MB: Asus P5QL Pro

Graphics: GeForce 9500GT

2 HDD that i had in my old PC's.

Ram: 8GB DDR2 Ram.

Connected to a 1680x1050 monitor with a VGA cable.

Ok.

I suffer from something similar to your issue. The only solution for me that worked was using Clover EFI instead of Chameleon. I know Chameleon is the standard and it has time and time again shown its power, but Clover is changing the game.

2 separate hard disks ? u must have left windows hdd plugged in while u installed osx in other hdd.

make windows disk active in the reserved parttition 100mb then run the windows setup to repair startup.

i have windows 7 x2 and linux in partitions. and a second hdd for osx only.

linux boot menu i modded custom: setroot (hd1) chainloader+1 with insmod hfsplus however this wont work if a USB device gets on way and changes HD#

(i have to unplug usb hdds or no osx boot)

this way each hard disk has its own bootsector so i can unplug either and still boot.

• Like 1