InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sshanky

SOLVED (sort of): Erratic and slow bluetooth performance with trackpad and mouse

Hi, I have a iogear usb bluetooth module connected to my Gigabyte DS3H/I5-2500K based system, and it generally works great, even allowing me to wake from sleep, with no drivers needed.

However, I've done something twice so far, not sure what, that mucks up the connection to my trackpad and magic mouse in a weird way. It appears to be connected, but the cursor movement is very erratic and unpredictable. If I lift the mouse at all while moving it, the cursor jumps half way across the screen. The trackpad is also jumpy and iffy, disconnecting and reconnecting on its own and rapidly, and tapping stops working -- only real clicks. Finally, clicking on the bluetooth menu in the menu bar takes about 5 seconds to appear every time.

No idea what causes this to happen, but last night it occurred when I started Parallels and the windows machine thought a bluetooth device had been connected and took it over. Even after I disabled bluetooth devices in the windows machine, and shut it down, the devices wouldn't work properly on the Mac side, and restarting did not help.

The solution, both times that this happened, was to simply unplug the bluetooth dongle and plug it back into different USB port. Hope this helps someone who is experiencing strange bluetooth behavior!

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By M3G4DR01D
      Hello everyone, I have an Asus gl502vmk (i7 kabylake + GTX 1060 6 gb) laptop and I tried all the patches/kexts to get the brightness with fn keys/touchpad (I2C ELAN 1200 works with VooDoo I2C kext v1.0 but no gestures/preference pane)/Keyboard backlight to work but no success so far, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
      [EDIT] (10/04/2018)
      Battery status now works, thanks to @RehabMan turned out to be incorrect SMBIOS (used iMac instead of Mbp) lol, but it drains crazy fast (~1.5 - 2 hours while on standby (all apps quited!), on windows 10 it lasts 4 - 5 hours, and on linux it lasts 6 ~ 7 hours!)
      And with VoodooI2C v2.0.1 + VoodooI2CHID kext and patched DSDT, the touchpad is now detected in the sys pref pane but still no input.
      Sound works with VoodooHDA v2.9.1, but the only issue is that the jack sense isn't working (the output device doesn't auto switch to headphone when connected)

[EDIT 2] (11/04/2018)
      The system brightness now works thanks to @onejay09 but I have no brightness slider, and there are 4 extra brightness levels (brightness stops increasing after 12 levels)  and the brightness keys are not mapped correctly, plus the brightness decreases when I plug in the ac adapter, then increases if I unplug it???, the brightness level isn't also saved after reboot.
      battery still drains crazy fast (~1.5 - 2 hours, even with brightness at 50%, so apparently it is a power management issue).
      and I also have shutdowns while in sleep mode (I tried darkwake=10 and darkwake-0 and darkwake=no)

P.S. I have uploaded my new report files, thanks!

Latest report files (11/04/2018): https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/AMOpP0AY/file.html
    • By fasullo
      Ciao a tutti. Vorrei condividere con voi questo prodotto acquistato su wish. Per poco più di 2€ ho acquistato questa chiavetta bluetooth 4.0. In descrizione c'è scritto per windows. Appena arrivata a casa attaccata alla mia macchina e ed perfettamente funzionante anche su OS X. Ancora in fase di test ma sembra non fare una piega.

Consigliatissima.

https://www.wish.com/product/5a0af683650f3c5d57f70b43

L'unica pecca è che fa una luce intermittente fortissima.
      Adesso gli metto su un pò di nastro isolante nero.
    • By hguandl
      I used BCM943602CS for my Hackintosh. On High Sierra, the WiFi works well, however, the bluetooth doesn't work. I cannot find the bluetooth icon on the system preference pane. From the system report, I can see that the Device can be recognized as 'Bluetooth USB Host Controller'. From IORegistryExplorer, I've found that the device for it has a UsbConnector value of 0x0, which is weird. And the IOResources part says the device is not built-in. I don't know whether it has something to do with my MSI B350 Tomahawk (an AMD platform) motherboard. If someone has some advice, please help me out.

hguandl.ioreg.7z
    • By MikixIT
      Salve a tutti ho installato OSX, Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29), grazie a questo forum
      Ho installato tutti i Kext necessari da Nvidia a quelli per l'audio HDMI,ethernet ecc..
      L'unico problema che  Mouse e tastiera USB collegati ad un hub FUNZIONANO, mentre senza hub usb non funzionano nelle altre porte, NELLE ALTRE PORTE PERO' FUNZIONANO PEN DRIVE USB,ho provato vari kext in rete mentre il Forum era in manutenzione
      Ma non riesco a farli funzionare su altre porte,vi allego La mia EFI( http://www.mediafire.com/file/mimomvp1on4ys58/EFI-MikixIT 12%3A03%3A2018.zip) E vari screen del mio OSX con info varie

• By junausp
      Hi my IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter (GBU521) never worked well. My bluetooth speakers does not work, always lost connection and my bluetooth headphones the same problem!

Does anyone have an adapter that really works?

Jr