Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sshanky

SOLVED (sort of): Erratic and slow bluetooth performance with trackpad and mouse

1 post in this topic

Hi, I have a iogear usb bluetooth module connected to my Gigabyte DS3H/I5-2500K based system, and it generally works great, even allowing me to wake from sleep, with no drivers needed.

However, I've done something twice so far, not sure what, that mucks up the connection to my trackpad and magic mouse in a weird way. It appears to be connected, but the cursor movement is very erratic and unpredictable. If I lift the mouse at all while moving it, the cursor jumps half way across the screen. The trackpad is also jumpy and iffy, disconnecting and reconnecting on its own and rapidly, and tapping stops working -- only real clicks. Finally, clicking on the bluetooth menu in the menu bar takes about 5 seconds to appear every time.

No idea what causes this to happen, but last night it occurred when I started Parallels and the windows machine thought a bluetooth device had been connected and took it over. Even after I disabled bluetooth devices in the windows machine, and shut it down, the devices wouldn't work properly on the Mac side, and restarting did not help.

The solution, both times that this happened, was to simply unplug the bluetooth dongle and plug it back into different USB port. Hope this helps someone who is experiencing strange bluetooth behavior!

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By unixb0y
      Bluetooth + AirDrop + Apple Watch "Auto Unlock" + Continuity / Handoff
      BCM20702 / TP-Link T9E (AC1900)

I have a little update on getting BCM20702 running in Mojave:

Without kext files, nothing worked "OOB" with my USB dongle. So I got "BrcmFirmwareStore" and "BrcmPatchRAM2" from RehabMan.
      I tried putting the kext files in /L/E , didn't work so I tried /S/L/E. * While that didn't work at first, I then tried to refresh the kext cache; the files didn't show up in kextstat.
      I used this command:
      sudo kextcache -invalidate / which told me 2 error messages: BrcmFirmwareStore and BrcmPatchRAM2 had the wrong permissions. This is fixed like so:
      sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/ sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/ Reboot and be happy! 
      Both the actual Bluetooth entry in System Preferences, that was missing before as well as an entry in System Report > Bluetooth finally appeared!
      I have a TP-Link Archer T9E WiFi card and now in conjunction, AirDrop does work like a charm! 
      Cheers, Dave 

* EDIT:
      RehabMan replied to me on GitHub and it's not recommended to use /S/L/E and you should let that folder remain reserved for Apple original kext files. So I tried putting the files (with the correct permissions) back into /Library/Extensions and Bluetooth and AirDrop both still work fine!
      So I would recommend to put the files either into EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or - like me - into /Library/Extensions and after (or before) copying the two kext files, set the permissions like shown above for both files with chown and chmod.

EDIT2: 
      I totally forgot to mention that even unlock via Apple Watch works! I assumed it would not work, until the "iMac" itself saw my Watch and kindly asked if I wanted to activate it  I immediately turned the feature on and it's working like a charm!
      What also perfectly works is Handoff. It's a feature that I never found really useful, especially between iOS and Mac, however when I have a Safari window open on my iPhone, the Hackintosh shows me the handoff Safari icon in the App switcher as well as in the dock (only tested Safari for now) and it behaves just like on my MacBook Pro!
      Universal Clipboard is also working as well as SMS / MMS.
      I couldn't test "Cellular Calls" and the "Continuity Camera" as I don't have a second phone and it's quite late here right now for calling someone on the telephone and I don't have any iOS 12 devices either. The "Instant Hotspot" did not work, but I think that anybody going the TP-Link T9E + BCM20702 way is building a PC that is permanently attached to WLAN or even LAN (Ethernet), so that's not an issue. I think laptop Hackintoshers should just use a MacBook WiFi card as they probably already have the connector etc. etc. (no adapter or Motherboard-dependent solutions needed).
    • By Renegade
      Hi guys,

My  current build is working flawlessly under High Sierra except for one thing : my Roccat Kone EMP mouse won't work after waking up from sleep. I have to disconnect/reconnect it to get it to work again.
      Other mice (less sophisticated) do work upon wake.
      However , the Roccat mouse doesn't have any issue under Windows 10 or on an iMac running SL 10.6.3 . I wish I could try under Sierra ...

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

Here are my build details and a backup from the ioreg:
      Mobo: ASRock Z370 ExtremePro4 - CPU: i7-8700k - RAM: 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 - GPU: NVidia GTX1080 - SSD: Crucial M4 512GB

Kexts used:
      AppleALC.kext
      CodecCommander.kext
      FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
      FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
      FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
      FakeSMC.kext
      IntelMausiEthernet.kext
      Lilu.kext
      USBInjectAll.kext
      XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

i7-8700k OSX.ioreg.zip
    • By SavageAUS
      Ok so im looking at doing some upgrades to my input devices and have found some that i like.
      Keyboard: Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB Mechanical Keyboard Cherry Brown
      https://www.pccasegear.com/products/33308/corsair-gaming-strafe-rgb-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-brown

Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Gaming Mouse - Black
      https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39190/corsair-glaive-rgb-gaming-mouse-black

Does the corsair software work on mac yet?
      Does anyone use any other above with macOS and have any feedback for me?
      Any feedback at all would be appreciated.