SOLVED (sort of): Erratic and slow bluetooth performance with trackpad and mouse

sshanky

1 post in this topic

Hi, I have a iogear usb bluetooth module connected to my Gigabyte DS3H/I5-2500K based system, and it generally works great, even allowing me to wake from sleep, with no drivers needed.

However, I've done something twice so far, not sure what, that mucks up the connection to my trackpad and magic mouse in a weird way. It appears to be connected, but the cursor movement is very erratic and unpredictable. If I lift the mouse at all while moving it, the cursor jumps half way across the screen. The trackpad is also jumpy and iffy, disconnecting and reconnecting on its own and rapidly, and tapping stops working -- only real clicks. Finally, clicking on the bluetooth menu in the menu bar takes about 5 seconds to appear every time.

No idea what causes this to happen, but last night it occurred when I started Parallels and the windows machine thought a bluetooth device had been connected and took it over. Even after I disabled bluetooth devices in the windows machine, and shut it down, the devices wouldn't work properly on the Mac side, and restarting did not help.

The solution, both times that this happened, was to simply unplug the bluetooth dongle and plug it back into different USB port. Hope this helps someone who is experiencing strange bluetooth behavior!