Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sony Vaio screen problem during install

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys i am trying to install Mountain Lion 10.8.3 (Build 12D78) on my sony vaio but when it boots from usb screen

is going crazy.I have attached two images.

the first is when it boots from usb and the second is when it stops at first welcome screen during install.Does anyone seen this before?

Hi Curt,

More information about your system please.

Sony Vaio? Dual graphics, Pentium 4? 256mb DDR?

Just an example. Thank you :)

Think this is a graphics issue, provide some info about it :)

Hi Lejenk.My specs are:

Intel Core i3-3110M

4096 MB (1 x 4096 MB) DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 7650M

Dual graphics will not work on a notebook, focus on getting the HD 4000 working.

I can go through all the steps on how to remove the Radeon drivers etc, use Pandora's Box (Downloads section) to create your usb, it should solve the problem. Check your USB before rebooting, remove all the AMD* and ATI* kexts from /System/Library/Extensions on the USB.

The option to remove those kexts will be given during the installation, using Pandora's Box.

Ok i finally get it to work, audio is working , ethernet is working , bluetooth is working , camera is working ,keyboard and mouse also.

What i can't figure out is how to make my graphics work fully.

In system information ati radeon hd 7650m 1gb is being recognized partially and hd 4000 is not showing at all.

Can anyone help me guys?

I would appreciate it... Thanks in advance!