Logic Pro plays audio, iTunes does not?

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've got a totally weird problem (atleast for me). I'm new to the world of hackintosh and after much reading n understanding, I've got ML to work on my build. All was well till I decided to install Logic Pro 9... :help:

Now I've got this issue that Logic and Studio One (music production software as well) can play audio through the default outputs (and headphones) but iTunes/VLC/QT cannot... I've made sure that Studio One releases the audio driver when done with it and I cannot find anything of that sort in Logic Pro (new to Logic as well). Audio kexts are fine as far as I can say. :wallbash:

Can anyone help? if there's anymore details that are needed, please let me know and I'll post it as I'm unsure about what other information is necessary. :(

CPU - i7 3770k

MB - GA Z77 UD5H

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

What does your audio midi setup look like? Make sure your the interface/sound card you want to use is set to "use this device for audio playback." I've had to do that before when I want getting sound even though everything is right in system prefs.