Let's Fix native sleep...

JahStories

14 posts in this topic

Insanely guys, i've been trying to make sleep working in my Asus N53JL(Arrandale 460m) without any success,

i'm using a version of AICPUPM patched with pandora App (no NullCPU no Sleepenabler) and speedstep is working

i've tried different boot loaders and with the latest chameleon and chimera after i press stop i just got a black screen without any sleep, instead with clover i can go to sleep, but it wakes with no screen backlit, but cpu temperatures are higher so i prefer using chameleon.

i'm obviusly trying to do it with p states and c states generated and with darkwake=0

Any idea?

Thanky thanky

P.s.

Maybe my patched dsdt did not successfully shut down the nvidia graphics (since my lappy got optimus)... i'm attacching it with a darwin dumper report

forgot to say that, even if it isn't needed i've tried a couple of sleep enablers but the result is a aicpupm KP

Archivio 2.zip

it' the first distribution that i tried since snow, because it's the first that support the intel 4500mhd....

really, no sleep support for 10.8.3 laptops?!??! unbelievable...

(btw dsdt should be patched for sleep)

i've helped fixing warnings and patching, but it should be patched to disable optimus, brightness fixes and for my intelhd... i'm not so good in dsdt patching XD

Thanks for help, i'm now using your dsdt but same no backlit on wake...

@lejenk is there any post i can follow where this issue is discussed? (i'm noticing just now that we have similar rig.)

Thanks for help, i'm now using your dsdt but same no backlit on wake...

@lejenk is there any post i can follow where this issue is discussed? (i'm noticing just now that we have similar rig.)

Nope, like i said, resources gathered around the web. It has something to do with the SMC Apple has changed, don't have any info about it. Did try to revert kexts, did not change a thing.

I do have a topic about it in the DSDT/Graphics/Intel section, no response yet.

Not providing a link, i'm in Germany at the moment, slow connection, loading a page takes 5 min, sorry.

don't worry for the links, put them later if u can ;)

hope we will find a solution, it's weird that a system wakes, respond and works but can't lite up the screen... damn! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

• Like 1