Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sshanky

Can't boot. Can I reinstall bootloader or even OS X without starting over?

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I have been unable to boot into my Hackintosh. First, I had a boot loop at Darwin (brief flash of apple logo before rebooting), but I could get in using a stick with Chimera on it. Then, I noticed when I tried with the hard drive I got the boot0 error, so I followed the guide online involving moving a file to the boot volume. Nothing worked.

I wonder if there is a way to just reload the bootloader, overwriting some of the old stuff, but preserving the data. I originally used Tony but not sure if that was best choice...i could reload it with unib. but i'm afraid it will overwrite everything and my data will be lost.

thanks a lot..

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Slice
      Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.
      It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.
      It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.

What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?
      Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.
      LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.
      Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.
      Illustrator is good but expensive.

How to improve SVG file?
      Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.
      Some helps:
      Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files
      From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files
      From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW
      Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation
      User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually
      Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.

How to create SVG fonts?
      You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.
      You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.
      But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.
      You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.

• By apianti
      Just so you all know I actually have done something. I have pushed the source to both my github and to sourceforge, please commit to the experimental branch and I will merge it into the stable branch once it is safe. Also, nothing meaningful happens yet so don't get too excited. Only the Visual studio build works right now. I haven't set up the Xcode or Makefile builds yet, I'm trying to do them now.

https://github.com/apianti/Clover
      https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/Clover

IA32/X64/ARM/ARM64 testing ISO (6/7/2018): Clover-3.0-experimental.iso
    • By Frywyn10
      Hello, i installed Os X El Capitan on this pc : Dell Optiplex 3020, I3 4130, 6Gb RAM and a GT 220. Everything installed without problem (just usb injection needed). But now i want to update to sierra and/or high sierra . I downloaded the installer for both of them (5Gb each) on my hackintosh and tried to install the Os but when rebooting the boot loader don’t propose to boot onto install disk. El Capitan come from my old iMac (genuine system) and it can’t be update to newer Os. I would like to know if anybody have a solution to upgrade from El Capitan to a newer version of the Apple system. Thanks
    • By cvad
      Bootdisk Utility Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.

BDU_v2.1.2018.023b.zip
      MakeCloverBDUReadyZip.bat.zip
      Enjoy...

Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders  
      BDU_v2.1.2015.016b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2015.018b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2016.019b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2016.020b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2017.021b.zip
      BDU_v2.1.2017.022b.zip
    • By Wallfacer
      hi there, 
      when attempting install 10.10 to my old PC, it reboots everytime when attached pic shows up. my hardware is:
      mb - unika p35 (with ich9) 775pin
      cpu - intel xeon x3210
      video card - nv geforce 8600gt

could anybody know what was wrong? or is it possibly because of the video card, or the powermanagement?

thank you so much for help!