Started to get AppleOnBoardPCATA & AppleNForceATA Kernel Panics

omero72

3 posts in this topic

Hello

I've just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on ASUS K8N Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64bit (w. SSE2)CPU & ATI Radeon 9600 CPU and it worked.

Later I installed an additional kext for the Ethernet controller, called forcedeth_0.2c_leopard.zip (because the Ethernet was absent) then I got the first Kernel Panic while booting. I cured it by booting from Kalyway DVD and running in Terminal "# kextcache -k ./System/Library/Extensions"

Then I installed another additional kext for the Graphics, called Radeon9600.zip (because the max resolution was 1024*768) I got the second Kernel Panic while booting. I tried to cure it by booting from Kalyway DVD and running in Terminal "# kextcache -k ./System/Library/Extensions" but it didn't work. I got stuck at the boot. Here are the screenshots of Kernel Panics:

lc1uj.png

lc1w0.png

How can I get through this Kernel Panic, by keeping the Ethernet and full resolution Graphics,of course?

Greetings to Holland,

That has worked! I made it by renaming AppleNforceATA.kext to AppleNforceATA_back_kext , though, in case it may be needed later.

Are there any tutorials which explain how to iterpret the Kernel Panic messages?