• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
knewsom

ATI Radeon 7950 drivers for OSX Lion?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've got a Lion install that's working perfectly, and I just recently purchased a 7950 card, I'd really like drivers to get this sucker up and running, but my search efforts have come up dry - if I've missed something please let me know.

I've been trying to get a dual-boot with Win 7 or 8 working, but for some reason have run into disk driver issues with the install. :/ If anyone could lend a bit of a hand with this I'd be extremely stoked. Gracias!

It will never happen for Lion. Must use 10.8.3 for any HD 7xxx card support

Sapphire ships a driver CD with its 7950 Mac Edition video card which might contain the needed extensions.

Someone would need to share it, though.

The 7950 shipped with 10.7.5 drivers on a disk.

I uploaded them at Netkas back when it came out and someone at MR also put them up on a mirror.

That being said, they have issues. The 32bit component is present but non-functional.