Problem with 7970 & 10.8.3

OSXtemp

3 posts in this topic

My board is a Gigabyte Z77-UP5 TH. Here are the steps I followed:

1) Clean install of 10.8.3 using the integrated graphics for video.

2) Use #####, and get a working system.

3) Install the Clover bootloader.

4) Shut down.

5) Insert my MSI R7970, and connect my display to it via HDMI port.

6) Power-up.

OSX clearly boot up, as I can hear the 7970 fan get whisper quiet (as when drivers load), but all I get is a black screen with the "No Signal" message on it.

So, I reset the system, but this time boot while connected to my integrated graphics. Now everything seems fine. If I look in "System Profiler", my AMD card shows up as it should: "AMD Radeon 7970-X". However, if I connect my display to the card, I once again get a black screen with the "No Signal" message displayed.

Anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be? What can I try to get this working?

Is the "No Signal" message on your monitor displayed when you start up your PC or when you boot Mac OS X?

Is the "No Signal" thing happening when you start up your PC or when you boot into Mac OS X?

It is after OSX is booted. I was wondering if this could be a framebuffer issue? I do not know enough about using Clover though, so I'm not sure if there is a way to select a boot-time framebuffer... So far, I have only tried using the HDMI port...