Asrock ConroeXFire eSata2 with 10.8.3 - little things

3 posts in this topic

Ok I know, my board is old, but not to old for 10.8.3. The installation was made succesfully with the tutorial from this forum.

But the boot goes only with flags -v -f -x npci=0x2000. My symbios computer model is an IMac 9,1. I'm not use a dsdt file.

After patch with driver from Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81x Ethernet +Internet are available.

Problems:

- Firewire - driver is ok. I can see it under the system info but I have no entry under network icon from preferences and I can't select the firewire under the network icon. Under 10.7.2 Firewire works perfectly with my external sound modul. What can I do to mount the firewire again ?

- Graphic: Nvidia 8600GT 256MB works with fine resolution but it seems that the performance is poor compared with 10.7. Any ways to improve the performance ? Can I solve this with editing the agpm.plist under the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext ?

- Appstore/factime/imessage - the sign-in fails. But I would solve this problem with the proposals of this forum

- Boot flags: -v -f -x npci=0x2000. Any chances to boot without flags ?

System: Asrock ConroeXfire Board

RAM: 4GB 1600 Kingston

GPU:Nvidia 8600GT 256MB

Realtek RTL 8111B

CPU: 7600 CoreDuo

SATAII: Maxtor 160GB

DVD: Toshiba

thanks

ok, Appstore +iMessage problems are fixed.

- Firewire is running now. I can see my external sound Modul Phonic unter syteme info. It seems that works. But the entry of Audio unter preferences is missing. Only Apple Airplay (it seems that it is connected with my Apple TV). Thats wrong. Under 10.7. i found here the EasyFW Phonic entry. Is the entry editable ?

- the graphic performance is further low, but the boot message concerning the unknown platform with the AGPM driver is fixed through the model change in the smbios on Mac 3,1