Intel HM77 chipset

500gb 7200rpm sata

32gb SSD

dvd/cd burner

nvidia gt650m 2gb

intel hd4000

2 usb 3.0 ports

1 usb 2.0 port

The issue im having is with installing Mountain Lion through a USB stick. Whenever it gets to the point of "No Interval found for. Using 8000000", the jump drive in the usb 2.0 port turns off and it starts repeating "waiting for root device". I have tried swapping ports to the 3.0 ports, but they do the same thing. It loads chameleon and starts to load the kexts, but it produces the "waiting for root device" everytime after the "interval found".

I have tried to create a Vanilla USB install using the guide from the forums, "#####", Myhack and all produce the same error. The only way I have gotten into the OSX Mountain Lion Installed is using "iatkosml2" and that was through a DVD DL. But when it starts to install at the 9 minute mark it brings up an error that says "Install could not be completed, please call your manufacturer".

I have also used majority of the boot parameters, -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes UseKernelCache=No. I Even found a boot parameter "rd=disk0s2" And that did not help either. None of these parameters let the Mountain Lion install load from the USB ports.

Is there any kexts or boot parameters someone knows that will help me get Mountain Lion installed on my M14X R2.

Also, I am in the process of creating an IMG from the USB stick. Hopefully to where I can burn it to a DVD and maybe install that way.

Spark Notes:

Tried Vanilla, #####, MyHack, = produce error "waiting for root device"

Iatkos = gets stuck on 9 minute mark of install

I think the reason why i cant install through usb is that once it loads the kexts, the usb port becomes disabled (maybe i need the right kext?)

Thanks guys, BTW i have searched and searched for the past 4 days to try and figure this out.

Ok guys.. Cross your fingers.. I tried to install with the DVD that was made from USB installer and it wouldn't work. I tried to get it to boot with ##### but that didn't work. So I tried to use the USB stick to load chameleon n then try the DVD. While in chameleon I hit F5.. And all of a sudden it started loading kexts... And it finally just loaded the installer through USB! I don't know how it loaded but it did. I will update u with progress

post-1143830-0-19836000-1363801713_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

Okay so it installed.. Weird i honestly don't know how other than hitting F5...

Now the issue in having is that only way I can boot to osx.. Is with the USB plugged in and boot parameter -x if I don't use that it won't boot into osx

SUCCESS!!!!

So I reinstalled using 10.8.3. I created a USB installer as that was the only way I could get it to load. It installed without any issues. I install nullcpupowermanagment and fakesmc using kext utility. I installed voodoops2, voodoo battery, and voodoohda 2.8.2. I created a dsdt and patched it using the Alienware m14x patch from olarila.com. Also have full accel on hd4000, but the nvidia gt650m does not. I deleted the nvidia kexts as well to not cause conflicts. Wifi works using an airlink 101 USB wifi adapter.

Alienware m14x R2

I7-3630QM 2.4ghz

8gb ram

500gb hd - windows 7

32gb Samsung msata ssd- Osx 10.8.3

DVD/cd burner - working

Intel hd4000 - qe/ci full acceleration

Nvidia gt650m 2gb - not working

Creative recon3di - working with voodoohda 2.8.2

Internal hd webcam - working

Internal card reader - not working

USB 2.0 1 port - working

USB 3.0 ports - sometimes working

Trackpad/ keyboard- working with voodoops2

Battery indicator - working with voodoobattery

I extracted a dsdt and patched it eith a patch from olarila.

Everything works that I could care for. Startup and shutdown happen quickly no delays. It starts and is functional within like 30-40 seconds from push of start button. I'll post a video or screenshot later today

no problem man, let me know if you need any help. I realized i need to do a SSDT to enable full intelcpupowermanagement. As in osx, my laptop only gives about 3 hours of battery life, while in windows 7 i get about 4+ hours.

@mgaffar

I'm interesting to buy m14x after haswell alienware release.

Has the battery life become more than 3 hours under OSX now?

And how many fingers can the trackpad work with?

Could you try to find if there is an option under Bios to disable Intel or Nvidia Graphic and post a screenshot here?

Really thinks! :)

I have an alienware m18x r2 with the same sound card and I am unable to get it working. I installed the voodoohda 2.8.2 kext as you mentioned but didnt worked. Do you have the kext that is working for you to send me?

thanks

SUCCESS!!!!

So I reinstalled using 10.8.3. I created a USB installer as that was the only way I could get it to load. It installed without any issues. I install nullcpupowermanagment and fakesmc using kext utility. I installed voodoops2, voodoo battery, and voodoohda 2.8.2. I created a dsdt and patched it using the Alienware m14x patch from olarila.com. Also have full accel on hd4000, but the nvidia gt650m does not. I deleted the nvidia kexts as well to not cause conflicts. Wifi works using an airlink 101 USB wifi adapter.

Alienware m14x R2

I7-3630QM 2.4ghz

8gb ram

500gb hd - windows 7

32gb Samsung msata ssd- Osx 10.8.3

DVD/cd burner - working

Intel hd4000 - qe/ci full acceleration

Nvidia gt650m 2gb - not working

Creative recon3di - working with voodoohda 2.8.2

Internal hd webcam - working

Internal card reader - not working

USB 2.0 1 port - working

USB 3.0 ports - sometimes working

Trackpad/ keyboard- working with voodoops2

Battery indicator - working with voodoobattery

I extracted a dsdt and patched it eith a patch from olarila.

Everything works that I could care for. Startup and shutdown happen quickly no delays. It starts and is functional within like 30-40 seconds from push of start button. I'll post a video or screenshot later today

Hi can u post your  extra folder i have done everything fine except graphics hd 4000

i have tried everything but no luck

now removed all nvidia and intel kexts  it gives 1600 x 900 resolution  but no qe/ci

if i enable kexts   no display

i have also tried 10.10   it gives only hdmi display no internal

my email id is sandeepmghatge123 @ gmail.com

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rio2
      I recently installed High Sierra on my Ryzen system, just to find out how crappy the USB situation really is on AMD systems. The only choice is basically most of your ports flat out not working or GenericUSBXHCI crashing every time you pull out a thumbdrive. So after some trial and error here are my findings.
      The USB ports controlled by the XHCI controller on the SoC worked fine, but the ones attached to the chipset XHCI controller didn't.
      That's when I looked at the log and saw these lines:
      PTXH@00000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB 03.10 PTXH@00000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1 It turns out that for some reason the AppleXHCIPCI driver doesn't support the first two ports on the B350 chipset (made by ASMedia) USB controller. And after the driver fails to allocate port 1 it just stops and doesn't even look at the rest of the ports. So I first tried commenting out the first two ports from the DSDT and that worked and made all the other ports show app in the IOService tree. Than I quickly tested all the USB ports and it turns out that the 2 problematic ports aren't even wired to anything. But instead of editing the DSDT I wanted a cleaner solution, because I don't want to re-edit my DSDT every time I update the BIOS or change some BIOS settings.

So here is my small SSDT that disables the stock PTXH device and adds a new device XHCI, that has all the ports needed for my board (ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS).
      DefinitionBlock ("SSDT-PRIME-B350-PLUS.aml", "SSDT", 1, "APPLE", "tinySSDT", 0x00000006) { External (\_SB_.PCI0.GPP2, DeviceObj) External (\_SB_.PCI0.GPP2.PTXH, DeviceObj) Scope (\_SB_.PCI0.GPP2.PTXH) { Name (_STA, Zero) } Scope (\_SB_.PCI0.GPP2) { Device (XHCI) { Name (_ADR, Zero) Device (RHUB) { Name (_ADR, Zero) // USB3.1 back panel Device (PRT1) { Name (_ADR, 0x5) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, 0x03, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT2) { Name (_ADR, 0x6) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, 0x03, Zero, Zero }) } // USB3.0 front panel Device (PRT3) { Name (_ADR, 0x7) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, 0x03, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT4) { Name (_ADR, 0x8) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, 0x03, Zero, Zero }) } // USB2.0 Device (PRT5) { Name (_ADR, 0x9) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT6) { Name (_ADR, 0xa) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT7) { Name (_ADR, 0xb) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT8) { Name (_ADR, 0xc) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT9) { Name (_ADR, 0xd) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRTA) { Name (_ADR, 0xe) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } } } } } Please note that this is just an example and it most likely needs to be changed for your board.
    • By BJY1991
      I use WhateverGreen.kext and  FakeID 665C1002 get R7 360 working with QE/CL.
      But it's very Low performance even compare with intel HD4600.
      I found out that GPU frequency is very low stuck at 150MHz.
      What can I do to fix it ?
      thanks
    • By superq
      Hello everyone,
      My hack(HP Elitebook 2570p) works perfectly exept for one thing:Wifi.
      It has a BCM943142 Combo card,is there any way to get that card working?
      I'm running HS.
      Thanks in advance!
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:

The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create Mac OS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.

This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the Mac OS installer apps, it is capable to create a Mac OS installer on a drive completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself.

Allows you to create easily a macOS install media without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is you want to use it on a Mac.

Features:
        - Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the macOS install media creation process   - It can work with every Mac OS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of it's resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)   - You can use any drive or partition you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size   - Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a macOS install media from a bootable macOS installer or from the macOs recovery   - All vanilla, the macOS install medias created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method   - Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code   - Does not requires to do anything of special first, just open the program   - No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive for you   - Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language   - Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)   - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update    Features that I'd like to add in the future:    - Advanced section, to customize your macOS install media   - Installer customization: Kernelcache/prelinkedknerel and boot files replacement (a feature that can be handy while dealing with old Macs or with beta installers when you need to mod or change the boot files some times)   - Install clover and configure clover   - Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover   - Clover drivers customization   - Use custom dsdt in clover   - integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository   - Support for other languages, at least Italian   Rquirements:  - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)  - A drive or a free partition of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer  - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)   Note that this app is under the GNU GPL v3 license so any reuse of the source code must follow the license's terms   TINU 1.1 Stable release:    - Download available here:    https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases    - Source code:     https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU   TINU 2.0 pre-release:    - Source code:    https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development    - Download available here:    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip     Frequently asked questions about TINU: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs     NOTE: if you have problems with your USB installer of 10.13.4 or newer version not being detected by clover you have to use the latest clover and if it still does not detectets your usb installer you have to remove the invivible file called .IAPhysicalMedia located into the root of the usb installer. This issue is caused by a changement in the apple's createinstallmedia, don't blame TINU for that, tinu does only uses the installer creation method from apple, which has been changed, causing this problem for hackintosh users, this issue should be resolved in the latest versions of clover which will no longer require that you do changements to let your usb dive to be detected, a setting to do this fix automatically in tinu is also comeing in a new pre-release of TINU 2 I leave also some screenshots as well

• By LarryKu
      Hi everyone,
      I am new, I hope I am posting in the correct forum.
      My specs:
      Processor: Core i5 6500 Skylake 3.2ghz
      Mobo: Gigabyte h170-d3h
      M2SSD: WD Black 256gb PCIe (Mac OSx)
      SSD: Samsung 860 Evo (WIndows 10)
      HDD: WD Blue 1TB
      GPU: Radeon RX 480
      Monitor: BenQ RL2460 24"

I was able to install High Sierra on a new m2 drive, that I added to the above configuration with windows 10 already installed.
      I had a few issues during install, including the monitor turning off at boot screen.

Unfortunately, this persists even now. It turns off at about 60% of the progress bar, and to turn it on again I have to unplug/plug back my hdmi.
      Additionally, while all of the usb ports worked during install and while running it out of the clover I had on the usb stick, only the rear ones appear to work now.
      The audio doesn't work either, though I added the correct patch according to my mobo

Lastly, my other drives are not recognized in the bios anymore. They run fine from boot override but they don't show up in the boot priority (while multiple entries of mac OS do, and they seem to increase in number at every reboot)

Thanks in advance for the help