update montain lion 10.8.3 from 10.8.2

13 posts in this topic

Hello updating from 10.8.2 I've some problem it won't boot this is the image that appear to me :

Processor : Intel i73770k

montherboard : p8z77-v deluxe

graphics : nvidea 680 gtx

hd : ssd 512 gb samsung

ram : 32 gb

post-1090452-0-06841600-1363793570_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Any onboard graphics?

Boot with -s and type the following:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Geforce.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAGK100Hal.kext
shutdown -r now

Boot with -f -v after that.

If no onboard graphics, it should boot into VESA mode.

Ok after that I've repaired the partition with ##### usb drive i can success to run in -x mode with ##### usb , if i try from chamelon it doesn't work , if i run it in -v mode from chamelon it says that failed to locate fakesmc.kext driver how i can solve the problem?

I succeded to boot it by fixing appleacpiplatform.kext , but when i try to print now it gives me filter failed error I've canon mf3010 , and bluetooth isn't working , and wifi isn't working and usb 3.0 isn't working any solution?

• 2 weeks later...

From chameleon, boot with -v -f, this should load the Extra/Extension kexts.

After successful boot, install the Extra/Extensions kexts to /System/Library/Extensions with a utility like kext drop.

Please take a note of this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279451-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/

If you decide to reinstall, i would recommend using Pandora's Box: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287120-pandoras-box-beta1-testing/

It will give the options to do the above steps for you, saves a lot of time and agony.