Mieze

New Driver for Realtek RTL8111

1,351 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Don't expect me to publish new code during the next hours. It's already midnight here in Germany and I can't stay up all night. It will take some time to dig deeper...

Mieze

For some reason, I can't connect to the internet using this kext. I have tried 2.0 and 1.2.3 but no success. My ethernet card:

Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 10)

Is it because I'm booting up with npci=0x2000? I need this flag however. Is this an amd problem?

Edit: NVM. Got it to work. A combination of using bronya's kernal and replace kext(cache yosemite AMD), I finally got it to work. This will make you not need to boot up with npci=0x2000.

Ok, next try. After comparing Realtek's latest source code with version 8.037.000, which has been the base for my driver during the last 2 years,  I modified the receiver configuration for some family members because this was one of the most important changes they made.

Good luck!

Mieze 

RealtekRTL8111-V2.1.0d1.zip

Installed v2.1.0d1, restarted, (last time I was using Manual configuration in system network prefs) - and still was no real connection.

But when I turned settings back to auto DHCP - it suddenly connected!

And now I'm answering from 10.11.1  :w00t:

Don't know how stable new driver will be, but at least it works!

Thank you Mieze!!!

Can confirm—ethernet seems to be working great!

Edit: I'm not sure if this is normal OS X behavior or not, but I figured it's worth mentioning: When I first added the ethernet interface in System Preferences -> Network, OS X insisted that the ethernet cable was unplugged. This did not change until I hit "apply".

Hi

I'm using 8111E and I've just tried V2.1.0d1 under OSX 10.11.1, but unfortunately I'm getting a strange behaviour with a Maverick machine using a LAN cable. It was working perfectly prior to the upgrade in Yosemite though.

Firstly, the link speed is only 100Mbit/s rather than 1000Mbit/s before. Yet, downloads peak at just around 120KB/s (~1Mbit/s).

Secondly, I can't ping the IP or the machine name of the other machine. I can browse and access its files in Finder though.

I've attached my ethernet card's spec according to System Information.

Does anyone know what might be missing?

Thanks a lot for the help.

post-1322206-0-70170300-1447947866_thumb.png

@Meize, do you have any idea why 8168E works only on cold boot ? restarting messes up the card (on Windows 10 and OS X 10.11.1) with recycling message continuous like connected but no ip, then no cable connected

@Meize, do you have any idea why 8168E works only on cold boot ? restarting messes up the card (on Windows 10 and OS X 10.11.1) with recycling message continuous like connected but no ip, then no cable connected

I'm not a clairvoyant, I need your kernel logs.

Mieze

Actually how is it possible that the Finder can browse/access the other machine's files (although at very slow speeds) but pinging its IP/hostname fails?

Doesn't Finder use the IP/hostname?

Actually how is it possible that the Finder can browse/access the other machine's files (although at very slow speeds) but pinging its IP/hostname fails?

Doesn't Finder use the IP/hostname?

Your problem isn't located at the driver level, it's somewhere else in the higher levels of the network stack. By the way, you are using the same chipset as I do for development which makes it quite unlikely that there is a driver problem.

Mieze

hi..

did you go to "system settings" and than to "share" at the machine you want to see? to enable it..

c.frio

hi..

did you go to "system settings" and than to "share" at the machine you want to see? to enable it..

c.frio

I can already see the machine in Finder and access its files. The issue is that I can't ping the machine and the transfers are very slow (~1-2Mbps).

hi..

did you use "network utilities' ?

c.frio

Hi C.Frio

Yes, I did. Here's a screenshot. Note that it refuses to hit 1000Mbps even when I manually set it to 1000Mbps.

I wonder if the number of Receive Errors might be a hint?

post-1322206-0-31955700-1448108218_thumb.png

If I disable IPv6 for ethernet, I can't seem to access the files on the other machine at all. So perhaps the reason I could access the files is via IPv6. Is there a way to fix this?

I've managed to ping the other machine's IP now. I had to change the subnet mask.

However, I'm still getting the slow speed (1-2Mbps) and the link speed still refuses to reach 1000Mbps and is limited to 10Mbps. How do I check if it's indeed the driver level or higher network level that's acting up?

Thanks

@mun33, are you using the npci=0x2000 bootflag? That can cause problems (see here).

I'm just using the default config.plist so I'm not using that boot flag.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By grisno
      Hi people,

Installer to activate the sound card REALTEK ALC282-v2 (10ec:0282) with LayoutID 1 or 3 in MacOS. This installer does not contain AppleHDA patched Kext. To work properly, it must be installed over vanilla AppleHDA.kext.

I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!

Speakers : OK Headphones : OK HDMI Audio : OK (Intel HD4K Tested) LineIn : N/A (Model Without LineIn) MicInt : OK MicIntNoiseReduction : OK MicExt : N/A (Model Without MicExt) AutoDetectLineIn : N/A (Model Without LineIn) Sleep : OK WakeUp : OK AutoSleep : OK Hibernate : OK Siri : OK   Tested Laptops:

- HP Pavillion 15-D002SS

Coming Soon:

- Unified installer for the different supported operating systems.
      - Support model with LineIn jack.

Modified Verbs:
      01271C20 01271D00 01271EA0 01271F90 01471C10 01471D00 01471E17 01471F90 01871CF0 01871D00 01871E00 01871F40 01E71CF0 01E71D00 01E71E00 01E71F40 02171C30 02171D10 02171E21 02171F00 01470C02   DSDT:

Patch to apply with MaciASL in your DSDT
      ######################################### HDEF v1.00######################################## into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;into device label HDEF insertbeginMethod (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n{\n If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n Return (Package()\n {\n "layout-id", Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n //"layout-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n "PinConfigurations", Buffer() { },\n })\n}\nend;  
    • By grisno
      Hi people,

This is a preliminary installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe Atheros QCWB335 in MacOS.

I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

AIRPORT : OK Atheros QCWB335 (AR9565) (168c:0036) Mini PCIe * BLUETOOTH : OK Atheros AR3012 (0cf3:3121) USB 2.0 ** AIRDROP : Not Tested HANDOFF : Not Tested CONTINUITY : Not Tested WOL : Not Tested IMESSAGE : OK FACETIME : OK ICLOUD : OK APPSTORE : OK   Known Issues:

- Partial support with a maximum speed of 10Mbits (10.11.0+) *
      - Don't support Bluetooth Power Off/On by Software (10.10.0+) **
      - Sometimes Lost Bluetooth After Sleep WakeUp (10.10.0+) **

Sources:

Insanelymac
    • By grisno
      Installer to activate the Combo Mini PCIe AZUREWAVE AW-CE123H in macOS (10.8.5+)

AIRPORT : OK AzureWave AW-CE123H (14e4:43b1) [Broadcom BCM94352 HMB] Mini PCIe BLUETOOTH : OK AzureWave AW-CE123H (17cf:0b05) [Broadcom BCM20702A1] USB 2.0 AIRDROP : OK HANDOFF : OK CONTINUITY : OK WOL : Not Tested IMESSAGE : OK FACETIME : OK ICLOUD : OK APPSTORE : OK SIRI : OK   I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

• By grisno
      macOS driver installer for laptop HP Pavilion G6-2209SS with support for dual boot Bootloader. Maybe it can be installed on other HP Pavillion G6 series laptops, but in some cases additional fixes will have to be made.

CPU : OK Intel Core i3-2370M AUDIO : OK IDT 92HD87B2/4 (111d:76d9) Layer 3 & 12 (Speakers+Hearphones+LineIn+MicInt w/NoiseFilter+MicExt+HDMI) VIDEO : OK Intel HD Graphics 3000 (8086:0116) (LVDS + HDMI A/V + VGA) (VGA MacOS < 10.8.2) MEMORY : OK Intel 2nd Generation Core Proccesor DRAM Controller (8086:0104) (Dual Channel DDR3 Up To 16GB) SATA : OK Intel 7 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller (8086:1e03) (ACHI Mode) DVD : OK (Read & Write) USB 2.0 : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhaced Host Controller (8086:1e26 & 8086:1e2d) USB 3.0 : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (08086:1e31) WEBCAM : OK HP TrueVision HD (SuYin) (064e:e263) [USB 2.0] KEYBOARD : OK PS/2 TRACKPAD : OK PS/2 Synaptics LAN : OK Realtek RTL8501E Fast/Gigabyte Ethernet Controller PCI Express (10ec:103c) * AIRPORT : KO MediaTek RT3290 PCI Express (1814:3290) (Not Supported) BLUETOOTH : KO MediaTek RT3290 PCI Express (1814:3298) (Not Supported) CREADER : OK Realtek RTS5229 PCI Express (10ec:5229) (10.12.5+) *** ACPI BAT : OK (Chameleon & Clover) ACPI PWR : OK (Chameleon & Clover) ACPI RST : OK (Chameleon & Clover) ACPI SLP : OK (Chameleon & Clover) ** ACPI WAK : OK (Chameleon & Clover) ** HIBERNATE : OK (Only Clover Bootloader w/Hibernatemode: 0, 21 & 29) IMESSAGE : OK (Chameleon & Clover) FACETIME : OK (Chameleon & Clover) ICLOUD : OK (Chameleon & Clover) APPSTORE : OK (Chameleon & Clover) ITUNES : OK (A/V DRM Content & Sync iPod/iPhone) SIRI : OK CMOS : OK RTC : OK LPC : OK Intel HM76 Express LPC Controller (8086:1e44) SMBUS : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Controller (8086:1e22) IMEI : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family MEI Controller (8086:131a) GPT PART. : OK (Chameleon & Clover) (10.13+ APFS Not Tested) MBR PART. : Not Tested   Known Issues:

- AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT. *
      - AppleRTL8169Ethernet: only work to 10Mbits. *
      - You can't wake up the system when the laptop uses the battery and the system disk is a USB hard drive. **
      - You can't wake up the system from PS/2 Keyboard/Trackpad. **
      - The Wifi MediaTek RT3290 (1814:3290) device are not supported.
      - The Bluetooth MediaTek RT3290 (1814:3298) device are not supported.
      - The PCIe CardReader Realtek RTS5229 (10ec:5229) device are not supported. *** (10.12.5-)
      - Stop working when sleep with inserted card. *** (10.12.5+)
      - Chameleon Bootloader Not Work Properly With macOS Mojave

Coming soon:

- Installer: Create unified installer for all Mac OS versions
      - Manual: How To Install Wifi Card Blacklisted In HP UEFI BIOS
      - Manual: How To Install OSX Without Destroying Windows 8.x Partition
      - Driver: VirtualSMC Support