Hackintosh won't boot after new bios chip was installed

17 posts in this topic

Okay, so my BIOS got corrupted so I had to order a new BIOS. I installed the chip just now, changed the settings to what they where when I used to be able to boot up and then went to boot up and I get this error.

20130314_175956.jpg

So, I figured what I needed to do was boot up from the flash drive again and use the terminal and enter these commands to retransfer the files.

cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/

cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/

But when I try to boot up to the USB I get this

20130314_182215.jpg

Ps. I've tried it with and "-v", "-v GraphicsEnabler=No" and "-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes" I get the same error every time.

20130314_182258.jpg\

Next comes the lovely beach ball of death... :wallbash:

20130314_182307.jpg

Am I forgetting a step? :worried_anim:

Hi,

Check the bios settings, set SATA mode to AHCI etc.

Booting with USB, select the SSD, arrow down, and type -v -s.

Since you have a new bios chip, the problem should be in the bios settings.

No KP so far only a hang, could be graphics related also, is it in your signature? If not, provide the correct details please.

• Like 1

Hi,

Check the bios settings, set SATA mode to AHCI etc.

Booting with USB, select the SSD, arrow down, and type -v -s.

Since you have a new bios chip, the problem should be in the bios settings.

No KP so far only a hang, could be graphics related also, is it in your signature? If not, provide the correct details please.

I have the SATA mode set to AHCI

20130314_185110.jpg

20130314_184731.jpg

20130314_175956.jpg

Is the BIOS revision on the new chip is the SAME as the BIOS on the new chip? Was the old BIOS original or patched (SLIC added)? Might be you need to re-extract and redo DSDT. As it is quite hardware dependent thing...

Also be sure you are using legacy mode (BIOS mode), not UEFI mode. As the pics suggest that you have UEFI MB.

• Like 1

Is the BIOS revision on the new chip is the SAME as the BIOS on the new chip? Was the old BIOS original or patched (SLIC added)? Might be you need to re-extract and redo DSDT. As it is quite hardware dependent thing...

Also be sure you are using legacy mode (BIOS mode), not UEFI mode. As the pics suggest that you have UEFI MB.

I am using legacy mode and as far as I'm aware it is the same version of the BIOS. I could be wrong. Also, I was using the original BIOS. I tried to install a patched BIOS I found on this site somewhere for my motherboard and that's when it messed up and Asus told me that I would have to buy a new chip.

New chip, solding or click?

I'm honestly not sure what you mean? I just popped the old BIOS chip out and then popped in the new one.

No solding, ok, thanks for the info.

So, OS X did run, with the original bios, no patched version, and the previous bios version is the same as the one that has been shipped to you?

Yeah there was no soldering. The original bios is what I ran OS X on with no problems and as far as I know this is the same version of the BIOS.

hello

have u disable in bios the intel hd from cpu ?

if so

try to boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

if no luck remove from installer

nv*100hal.kext and geforce.kext

and boot again

same flags

good hack

• Like 2

hello

have u disable in bios the intel hd from cpu ?

if so

try to boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

if no luck remove from installer

nv*100hal.kext and geforce.kext

and boot again

same flags

good hack

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "have u disable in bios the intel hd from cpu ?"

Ps thank you for your response and help!