Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Funky frank
I am planning to make my hack ready for post High Sierra macos, finally xD So I was looking for a proper AMD GPU, but it is not that easy to find a proper, recent guide for that. So compared a bunch of AMD GPUs, and this one seems to suit my needs the most: XFX RX 5500 XT Thicc II Pro 8GB
Will this graphics card work properly in macos? And what macos version is the minimum here? I read so many contradictory statements, some older said that the RX5xxx support in macos still sucks and is much slower than in Windows. Is this still true? I currently have a nvidia GT1050, I guess it still will beat that nvidia card?
Would this work with old but gold clover (recent version) + lilu and whatevergreen, or should I switch to OpenCore then?
Thanks for info!
hello everyone, so my Intel HD 530 is not getting recognised by macOS. In the about my mac section, it shows as 'Display 7mb'
Im using HDMI connected to motherboard. I can only boot into os with 0x12345678 or 0x193b0005 as Fake Id and 0x19120000 as platform id with Mac17,1 as smbios. I do have the latest version of Lilu and WhateverGreen installed in boot loader and in L/E too.
I have looked through many forum posts, and have not found a solution yet.
edit: i forgot to change the smbios in the picture, I tried changing to 17,1 and restart, still no luck
If you need DSDT edits... -Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen! -Run it and send me files! RunMe.app Installation --Create a bootable copy of El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave https://github.com/chris1111/Create-Install-Media/releases --Install Clover in USB stick https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases --Replace with my Clover folder https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/ --Install EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra and boot into system! Post Installation --Install Clover and replace with my folder https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/ --Reboot and activate video! Bingo! Now you need a fine tune! DSDT Time! My DSDT GA P35-DS3 DSDT.MaLd0n.zip Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC -HDEF -RTC -EHCI -UHCI -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -EC -PNLF --Native Power Management
Use Clover, check Generate P and C States
Install .app, select the required permission and reboot. Work in F1 / F2 keys!
*in some cases .app don't work, check patches in config.plist inside Clover folder Post Install
Device HDEF + AppleAlc + Lilu
--install Lan driver by Mieze
-Atheros http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/ -Intel http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/ -Realtek http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary/ --Links -FakeSMC https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek -Audio https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/ -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders! Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others! We're all here to have fun and learn from each other! ENJOY!
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the tedious steps or problems of other simlar apps.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install your bootloader of choiche on the usb (or just leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac).
- Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
- You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
- Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
- 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
- Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
- Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
- No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.
- Offers advanced features to customize your bootable macOS installer.
Features that are planned for future versions:
- Support for other languages, at least Italian.
(To sugegst a new feature please contact me on github)
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).
Frequently asked questions:
Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
Post on Reddit:
Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
Contact me (project creator):
- Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
- email: email@example.com
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license.
- We (the project creator and othe people involved with active developmment) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- We do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project
Here are also some screenshots inside this spoiler tab