Budget motherboard (mATX) for ML

3 posts in this topic

Hey!

I´m currently modding a G4 case and am mostly finished!

As it is a hobby of mine and it should not cost too much I´ll use some hardware which lays around here! :)

I already have:

- The modded G4 case

- 1TB WD Caviar Green

- 500W powersupply

- Geforce 9500GT (worked fine in my amd hackintosh)

I am unsure about the motherboard as its a budget build I just want to use the i3 3225 and need a mATX formfactor motherboard.

So far I´m interest in Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H which has the ability of natural speedstepping and the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P which is a low budget board as far as I know! I know these are both boards from customac but I was interested in the Q77 before :D

I recently found out that many people have problems with 10.8.2 and the B75 with KPs and lagging audio and the Q77 is mentioned as businessline, so I thought I just ask for your opinion/advice if there are other nice mATX boards around 120€ maximum that are worth the price for a lowbudget hackintosh :)

Thanks!

I wish that I could give you some personal experience about either of those boards, but I have an ASRock z77 Extreme-4m - and I also use ML in a VirtualMachine, not native.

With regards to a list of what works and what doesn't with ML and specific boards, a great place to start would be the wiki. A lot of people update that site daily with what they have gotten working, and what still causes problems, and what doesn't work at all.

• Like 1