• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
killerz

Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet FIXED

135 posts in this topic

New to this site ... sending a thanks for all that have provided guides, but I do have two things that do not work ... like most on this forum ...

Acer Aspire 5570z (5570-2067)

Marvell Yukon 88E8038 pci-e Not Working

Atheros AR5006X Wireless Not Working

Both work in XP.

If anyone could provide assistance, it would be appreciated.

Oh, I have already tried all of the solutions provided in this guide, to no avail.

Um, how do I find my device ID for it? Mine is Marvell Yukon 88E8053, but Mac can't even see a network device. =[

I only know how to do it in Windows:

right click "my computer" and select "manage"

select "device manager" on left

right-click your Marvell Yukon device under "Network Adapters" and select "properties"

Under the "Details" tab is your device ID

hope this helps

iCrash's file worked for me on a Gateway MT6821. The weird thing is that Gateway insists that this laptop has an Intel LAN chipset, but provides Marvel drivers on their support site. :)

any news? i got an acer notebook with marvell 88e8038 and i doesn't work...

This is known problem for acer notebook. It seem osx didn't fully support PCI-express bus in acer notebook.

Ok, just wanna say you guys are awesome! I changed my the device & vendor codes like you said and well I'm writing this on my hackintosh. Below is a screen shot of my system.Changing my plist dev & ven codes fixed my ethernet problem. But I have noticed that while trying to update iTunes I get this error:The file “index-leopard-seed-1.sucatalog” couldn’t be found on the server “swscan.apple.com”. Has any of you guys or gals found a fix around for this? Help a noob out, whatdaya say... please.

Screen_Capture.tiff

For some reason my ethernet only works and connects to the internet if I boot up using "-f" at boot.

I don't understand why it doesn't work when I boot up normally.

Has anyone got any advice or a solution.

Thankz in advance

thanks for the nice topic

im totaly new to mac ox and to this forum

i did all steps but i have stupid problem.... i dont know how to save the info.plist file

every time i change the id from 4362 to 4351 and restart...i check the file again and i find that my changes was not saved

im sure im doing wrong , could you tell me how to save the cvhanges

thnxxxx

It works!! I downloaded the IONetworkingFamily.kext.rar.zip (file above) "delete the .zip part" and unrar

after you replace it in the extensions folder and:

sudo su

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Repair Disk Permissions with Disk Utility

reboot

go to system preferences

click on network

it say ethernet is unplugged

so I play around by deactivating and reactivating ethernet nothing works

so I give up and close it and it ask me to save changes

so when I save it... it starts working like magic!!

Marvell Yukon 88E8038 4352 - 11AB

Gateway MT6840

Is your card a Marvell Yukon Fast Ethernet, or is it Gigabit(10/100/1000) ethernet? Most of us that have problems have it with the Fast(10/100) version of the card.

Bleh....if I use this kext then it'll replace the kext I used for the Time Machine fix. Is there a more specific part of this kext that I can replace, or some way to just edit whatever needs to be edited?

idk what is the fix for Time Machine? I assume you can just swap out the AppleYukon.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon.kext

Awesome. He said the file was listed above, but I just went through this thread and couldn't find it--is it an attachment or a link to crapshare or something?

[edit]

Nevermind, I found it.

I've tried doing this and it didn't work. But it could be that because the IONetworkingFamily.kext that I'm using shows an AppleYukon2.kext instead of plain old AppleYukon.kext. Maybe if I switch the two around it'll work. I'll try this and post back with the results.

[edit]

Didn't work. I'm gonna switch the two whole kexts and see if even that will work, and if it does I can just replace the binary. Maybe...

[edit 2]

Didn't work. Still waiting for a working fix...