Toshiba X505 - Power On issue

1 post in this topic

I have a Toshiba X505-Q8104 Laptop running 10.8.2. I used (a slightly modded) iAtkos ML2 for installation. I have everything working except for a few minor annoyances and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or ideas.

I am running with a custom DSDT, with all the laptop sandy bridge patches. Although, I can't really see any differences when I boot without the DSDT.aml in my /Extra folder.

1. When I shutdown, the laptop properly shuts down, but in order to power on, I have to remove the battery and power plug before the power button will work. After removing the battery and unplugging, and then plugging either or both back in, the power button will work and the laptop will power on and boot properly.

2. Every once in a while (maybe 15% of the time) when booting, it panics in IOAudioFamily. Restarting usually works, and sometimes it seems like I need to use -v to boot, but once everything is booted, the Audio works rock solid. Of course I could remove the IOAudioFamily.kext, but then my audio doesn't work. I'd rather deal with the unreliable boot than have no audio.

3. When running a second display thru the HDMI the video works, but the external audio isn't available as an option in the sound preferences. Not a big issue, but when I watch videos on my external HDTV, I like to use the TVs audio instead of the laptops.

Other than that, everything is working great and very stable.