ASROCK 4core1333 glan/m realtek 8168 problems

4everAnoob

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys n gals,

I have installed iAtkos ML2 and lion 10.7 succesfully on my comp. (asrock 4core1333 glan/m q6600 4g ram 6870) and it is stable, except for ethernet. Ethernet is acting weird. The situation is as follows. Up to and including 10.7.4, everything works 100% perfect (except sleep). Since 10.7.5, the ethernet wont work properly, and after a reboot it may or may not be working. It gets weirder. Because when it stops working, it disappears. Like, when going into windows or linux, the ethernet adapter is gone. Like it was never there. I then have to disable ethernet in bios, reboot into an os, shutdown, count till 10, cross my fingers, boot into bios, enable ethernet, and it 9/10 times works again. I have tried many kexts, and lnx2mac is most stable (no KPs). Official realtek drivers seems to work every time, but it ALWAYS gives Kernel panic either during boot, or after 5 seconds of using a web browser. So I decided to try mountain lion. To get mountain lion to actually boot, the secret was to go into the bios and enable "no no execute memory protection" (yes that is right, a double negative for some retarded reason) and than i used USBBusFix=Yes and PciRoot=1 and the sun was shining again. Mountain lion seems slightly different, because the ethernet seems to work after a few reboots automatically again without having to go into the bios 83 times and wasting a lot of time in the process. Other than that, same {censored} different day.

BOTTOM LINE:

Does anyone know how to get realtek 8168 (81xx) with dev id 816810ec to work in a stable fashion in 10.7.5+ ?

PS: Sorry if I made you read that entire paragraph when it was really quite a simple question

n00b

Ok I have tried everything, all BIOSes, all different settings, wake on lan on/off etc... It always breaks now in every version of OS X using lnx2mac. But I cant use official realtek, because than it gets a KP after opening web browser. Can anyone recommend me a PCI or USB ethernet card that works perfectly, pref. without any kext? TIA