rebelj12a

HP Mini 110-1131DX - Ethernet troubles

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone ran into this problem. Ive been trying to install 10.6 retail on my Hp Mini 110-1131DX. Obviously based on forum posts i've read WIFI isnt going to work without another card, thats fine. However, even the ethernet isnt working and I've seen reports of it working with the HP Mini110.

AtherosL1cEthernet kext seemed the best route, however it still is not working. Then again, i am running it off my Macbook Pro Internet sharing since I do not currently have fast internet. Therefore i was wondering if there was a fix for this at 10.6 retail without combo updating, or will this sort it out when I apply the combo update, or will this work once I get proper internet and networking set up.

i also read it worked just fine on OSX Leopard 10.5.8 However ive been having difficulties getting that installed (attempting to take this at two angles) Keeps hanging up at MAC Framework successfully initiated Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers. Not sure what the issue is here, using iDeneb v1.6 Lite. Which there are no tutorials on. However with proper kexts this shouldnt be a problem. ACPI fix on this one and cpu=1 fix as found in another forum however still the same results.

Ill post some of the notes about this particular HP Mini which might help.

Intel GMA 950

Ethernet Atheros AR8132 Fast Ethernet

DevID:1062 VenID:1969

I have the Mac Address as well which I have heard i may need to patch the UUID however i have not gotten that far, was going to try that with OSX Leopard iDeneb install

Broadcom Wifi BCM 4312 (Hell i have the notes why not post it)

Audio - Intel Corp. NMIO/ICH7

Dev:8086

Ven: 27d8

CPU - Intel Corp Mobile

CPU N270 @ 1.60ghz

945 GSE Express Memory Controller

Dev:8086

Ven:27ac

Graphics Controller

ven 27ae (Theres kexts for these I know of)

945 GM GMS GME, 943/940 GML

Ven:27a6

Hardware:

Processor - 1.67ghz

L2 Cache - 512kb

Mem - 2gb

Bus SPeed 533 Mhz

Graphics:

Intel GMA

Vram 64mb shared

Bios Version: F.17

Thanks for the help in advance.

(Side note, usb linking my iphone internet sharing to the HP Mini 110 is not working either)

*edit found this here http://osxmini.wordpress.com/tag/hp-mini-sleep-fix Going to try to use an older kernel ill get back to you on that.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By End3rPower50
      Hi, i want install MacOS catalina in my laptop.
      i created a USB bootable with Catalina and Clover but it crashed at startup.
      Thanks in advance. 

P.S I upload my EFI’s folder and crash screenshot

Sorry for my bad english.

This is my laptop: 
      CPU: intel i7 6500U 
      Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520
      Ethernet: Realtek FE Family 
      Wireless: Dell 1820A (BCM94350ZAE)
      USB 3.0

EFI.zip
    • By Donw35
      Catalina update 10.15.4 without issues, make sure you update your kexts before hand and clover 5107
      Catalina update 10.15.3 without issues, make sure you update your kexts before hand.
      Catalina update 10.15.2 without issues, make sure you update your kexts before hand.
      Catalina update 10.15.1 without issue although you may have to make sure clover boots from the right partition.
      HP 840 G2/G3, working with OS X 10.15 Catalina, for this to work you will need the SSDT-ECUSBX.aml and place that  EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. 
      Make sure you remove Remove all patches about renaming acpi of EC or H_EC, revert all ACPI renaming in ACPI DSDT.

My method to install OS X on the SSD from a working real Mac via SSD to USB converter. I then install Clover and add my kexts and set the config.plist

Not working
      SD Card reader
      Finger Print device

Working
      Video - screen looks better in OS X then it does in Windows 10
      Display port
      VGA port
      WiFi and BlueTooth working OOO using the below hack
      Battery status with Rehabman's DSDT patch
      Brightness controls
      Sounds - using VoodooHDA
      * Microphone - cannot turn it off or mute
      Keyboard backlight - controlled though BIOS anyways
      touchpad - using VoodooPS2Controller
      USB3 - this laptop has two on board only and I haven't test them using the docking station
      USB3.1 C
      Ethernet - using IntelMausiEthernet
      Sleep - kind of, closing the lid doesn't go to sleep but goes to sleep over time.
      Web Cam, works but I covered it up.

SSDT-ECUSBX.aml
      CLOVER.zip
      CLOVER_HP_840_G3_02032020.zip
    • By chan29ster
      Hello,

Few days back I had bought HP Elite Desk 800 g1 workstation and its config. is:

Intel Q87 Chipset motherboard
      Intel core i5 4570s processor
      4gb DDR3 ram
      500gb hdd
      4gb GTX 1050 TI OC LP

In this machine I successfully installed macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29). But I'm getting an error in verbose mode like some contagious file. Also I'm getting an error of shutdown. I have attached the screenshot of the same. I have also recorded the video and its url is : 
      You may see it at 0:40 seconds. Later on when whole process get completed then I get an error of shut down "You shut down  your computer because of a problem." Again and again I'm getting this error on every restart. If I'm somewhere wrong for any kext or any other thing for that, here is my EFI folder (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k-MSKSHXK9TL3WOBPZj6O789jBau7kWx). Also I have attached my config.plist file. Audio is working, but didn't recognised the device. About this Mac is also showing details properly.

Please help me out it would be grateful and appreciated

Thanks

config.plist
    • By rguibi
      Hello

I have a laptop HP EliteBook 840 G2 - Core i5 5300U - 2.3 GHz and graphic card intel HD5500 and installed a SIERRA , but the definition of the graphics card is not installed
    • By valueimagery
      Hello,
      I have almost succesfully converted from Clover to OpenCore 0.5.4 following this Vanilla Guide by khronokernel
      https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

Just an issue with the ethernet intelmausiethernet.kext injecting...
      SOLVED - the sample plist default kernel entry for Ethernet BOOLEAN is NO.  I changed to the kext name correctly, but oversaw to make the simple change to YES!

OC 0.5.4
      OSX 10.15.2
      ASUS Rog Maximus X Code Bios v2203 (uses Intel® I219V)
      i7 8700k w/ AMD RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ SE

The latest kext is in my EFI/OC/Kexts folder with the other latest kexts that have loaded properly.  It seems to be entered correctly in the config.plist like the other latest kexts.  But the service is inactive and there is no Ethernet connection.  Airport works fine.

I ran kextstat in terminal and could confirm that the kext was not loaded. Nor did en0 report anything with IoRegistryExplorer
      The only way I was able to get ethernet to work was by manually installing the kext into the L/E/ folder via ##### and after reboot.
      I can confirm ethernet is now working and reports as loaded with kextstat, and the device populates in IoRegistryExplorer.
      I know ##### sn't the proper way to install kexts so reaching out for some advice if I've done anything wrong with my config.plist
      Possibly an issue with OC version 0.5.4? I know everything is still BETA.
      Attached is my EFI folder with serial removed
      EFI.zip