DAXGr

GA-X79-UD3 rev 1.0 DSDT help

35 posts in this topic

Hi, I recently installed 10.8.2 to a USB HDD for a test install and I have some problems. I have installed MiniITX's GA-X79-UD3 DSDT.aml and AppleHDA.kext from Interim Ivy Bridge HDA thread and AHCIPortInjector.kext along with FakeSMC.kext NullCPU....kext, intel e1000 lan kext and SleepEnabler.kext. I get audio and can boot just fine with : npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No. However even after installing sleepenabler i get white screen with unmoving mouse every time I try to get it to sleep, which goes away when i press a few times the mouse buttons or press the H/W Sleep button. I am on F11 Bios(the dsdt was for that version and have disabled USB3.0). Why can't I get it to sleep? Can someone share a DSDT.aml that would enable native power management? I want sleep to work so I can get my ATi HD7970 to work(enable OpenGL and Q/E).

Advertisement

sleep:Proper combination for sleep is:

1) patched HPET, TIMR, RTC, PIC sections

2) patched EHCI/UHCI sections

3) patched AppleLPC kext to match chipset id

4) removed NullCPUPowerManagement,

5) patched AppleRTC kext to solve CMOS reset after sleep

Is there a thread here on how to achieve these goals? (I have found patched AppleRTC for CMOS reset problem, and a thread on how to patch applelpc kext) What I haven't found is a DSDT editing guide specific to the first two. Could you point me to thread/guide that says how to do this?

DPCIManager.app.zip Extract your DSDT From AIDA64 in WIN and post here I go patch this for you, and a report of the your hardware from this app

WOW! I really appreciate your time and effort! I will now boot into OSX.

So I must reinstall ML to GPT disk right? Because I see UEFI.

Oh, well anyway. I will test it right now without reinstall.

Ok, I deleted sleepenabler.kext patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext removed NullCPUPmgt rebuilt caches, installed DSDT.aml and rebooted with -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No and I got kernel panic as if i had no dsdt and nullcpu i.e. panics with appleintelcpup at backtrace.

Here you go. I hope they are detailed enough. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

NOTE: My CPU is a i7-3820 and my VGA is a Sapphire HD7970 Dual-X

attachments.zip

ok, the problem is AppleICPUP , can be what not is patched correct, try this AICPMPatch, then repair permissions and delete caches from terminal

sudo -s

cd System/Library/Caches

rm -rf *

exit

reboot with -f -v

Ok, will get back to you tomorrow morning GMT+2 as I can't reinstall re-install OS X atm.

I support all x79 systems here:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/dsdt-downloads/gigabyte-x79/

None of this works with X79 and is not needed.

http://rampagedev.wo...s/gigabyte-x79/

None of this works with X79 and is not needed.

Hi rampagedev,

I tried to use your gigabyte dmg but I get stuck at MAC Framework Initialized

Using the dsdt byt MiniITX I could get sound to work but sleep is not working using sleepenabler.kext 1.7x-10.8.x and NullCPUPMgmt

EDIT: I''m confused, should i reinstall and try to patch the kext differently or what??

Rampage Dev, why is your DSDT getting stuck at MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers.?

GA-X79-UD3

i7-3820

Sapphire ATi HD7970

Also, does your dsdt normally work for 10.8.3 too?

iFire, any ideas why sleepenabler.kext won't work? Since Rampage Dev said DSDT can't fix sleep atm

put in terminal app this code: and post results

pmset -g assertions

Sleep: Disable USB 3.0 - install Sleepenabler KEXT from xnu-sleep-enabler - A kernel extension for the latest Apple Darwin XNU kernel, re-enabling sleep for generic x86 computers. - Google Project Hosting

edit: Try this one:SleepEnabler.kext.10.7.x-10.8.zip

after i have tried to put it to sleep? With my current DSDT(for sound) or no DSDT?

Yes, first I post with no DSDT:

2/24/13 5:53:44 PM GMT+0

Assertion status system-wide:

PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0

PreventSystemSleep 0

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0

ExternalMedia 1

DisableLowPowerBatteryWarnings 0

UserIsActive 0

ApplePushServiceTask 0

BackgroundTask 1

Listed by owning process:

pid 201(helpd): [0x0000000c00000147] 00:03:33 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"

pid 19(powerd): [0x000000090000012c] 00:03:58 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted"

Kernel Assertions: 0x0132

* Kernel Assertion ID = 500

Created At = 1/1/70 2:01:50 AM GMT+02

Modified At = 2/24/13 5:53:51 PM GMT+0

Owner ID = 0xffffff801f78a000

Level = 255

Assertions Set = None (4)

* Kernel Assertion ID = 501

Created At = 1/1/70 2:01:50 AM GMT+02

Modified At = 2/24/13 5:53:51 PM GMT+0

Owner ID = 0xffffff801f789000

Level = 255

* Kernel Assertion ID = 502

Created At = 1/1/70 2:04:26 AM GMT+02

Modified At = 1/1/70 2:00:00 AM GMT+02

Owner ID = 0xffffff819f2e0000

Level = 0

* Kernel Assertion ID = 503

Created At = 1/1/70 2:04:39 AM GMT+02

Owner ID = 0xffffff819f2bc000

Level = 0

* Kernel Assertion ID = 504

Created At = 2/24/13 6:04:09 PM GMT+0

Owner ID = 0xffffff8021035d00

Level = 255

Assertions Set = None (128)

Still white screen, doesn't go to sleep, now please wait until I add DSDT that i have sound working with.

http://rampagedev.wo...s/gigabyte-x79/

free? :worried_anim:

Yes...

Rampage Dev, why is your DSDT getting stuck at MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers.?

GA-X79-UD3

i7-3820

Sapphire ATi HD7970

Also, does your dsdt normally work for 10.8.3 too?

Post your raw DSDT extract and IOreg. Must be a issue with the GPU. I have had a lot of issues with the UD3 with my DSDT. Can never get it to play nice with all the UD3 motherboards. Out of all the MB I support this one causes 98% of the issues with DSDT compatibility.

Rampage Dev:

Here is DSDT from AIDA64 and IOReg

Don't know if it matters but I ran AIDA64 from UEFI Windows 8 x64

DSDT_IOReg.rar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9172

---USB---
      https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By AppleBytes
      Hello,
      I'm working on a re-install of OSX on a dell inspiron 9400. I was finally able to get a copy of SL on it. But it still needs MUCH work, as the graphics (NVIDIA Geforce Go 7800) isn't properly recognized -- either by model, or installed VRAM.
      It has 512Mb, but only initializes 256Mb VESA.
      Anyway, as a start, I thought it best to use a valid dsdt.dsl for compilation, and start there. I've managed to remove all the warnings, and errors save 2
      OUTPUT:
      # sudo iasl -ta ./dsdt.dslll Intel ACPI Component Architecture ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20110527-64 [May 27 2011] Copyright (c) 2000 - 2011 Intel Corporation ./dsdt.dslll   3519:                                 Return (0x00) Error    4080 -           Invalid object type for reserved name ^  (found INTEGER, requires Buffer) ./dsdt.dslll   3956:                     Return (Package (0x00) {}) Remark   5072 -         Effective AML package length is zero ^ ASL Input:  ./dsdt.dslll - 4997 lines, 158533 bytes, 1633 keywords Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 577 Optimizations I'm attaching a copy of the above output, and the dsdt.dsl file in a tarball to this post in hopes someone with the required knowledge can help me fix it.
      FWIW
      SMBIOS I'm using indicates this is a MBP 3,1
      cpu: cd2 (T7400 @2.16Ghz)
      graphics: NVIDIA Geforce Go 7800 ( G70M? )
      ram: 4Gb
      dell inspiron 9400 (Laptop)

Thank you for all your time, and consideration!

--Chris

DSDT-DSL.tar
    • By BauerMac
      Hey guys,
      I hope you can help me solve a mystery.
      Even the amazing Mald0n has been working hard to help me find a solution, but now were are both stuck.
      Creative thinking or maybe just help to see the forest for the trees would be highly appreciated.

PROBLEM:
      Mac will not sleep.
      Monitors sleep fine, and come back on with touch of keyboard.
      GPU and CPU coolers are constantly running on idle to low load and will not go on standby no matter what we have tried.
      Even when using full “Shut down” via apple menu the lights from the MoBo or GPU are pulsing slowly, which they normally dont as far as I recall.
      (This specific issue could possibly be solved by using ErP Ready in BIOS. Haven´t tested this since that´s a smaller issue ATM)

Everything else seems to be working fine.
      This problem started appr a week ago, and I have no idea why.
      No major installs, updates or changes that I can think of.

GOALS:
      • To be able to activate sleep via apple menu.
      • To have it sleep within 15-30 secs and wake up quickly (like it did before) via push on Power button

TECH SPEC:
      • Running 10.13.6
      • Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi
      • Gtx 1080 Ti
      • 32 GB Corsair RAM
      • Intel i7 8700K
      • 2 monitors via Displayport
      • 6 internal disks (2 HDD, 4 SSD)
      • 1 external backup
      • 1 internal USB hub/SD reader
      • 3rd party Bluetooth and Wifi (Asus MB not compatible)
      • No Blutooth mouse, KB etc

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR:
      • Used Mald0n’s custom DSDT with latest config
      • IUpdated to latest Security Update
      • Updated to latest BIOS
      • Updated NVIDIA webdriver and CUDA to latest
      • Disconnected LED monitors and tested with old Mac monitor via DVI to see if Displayports were the issue
      • Disabled Adobe CC Sync
      • Run CleanMyMac
      • No start-up apps or extensions in System Prefs
      • Disk Utility: checked all disks
      • Terminal: no info on wake reason at all. (Possibly because it doesn´t sleep, hence nothing is interrupting it).
      • Blutooth allowed to wake sleep: set to OFF
      • Power manager: only setting is “never switch off monitors”. The rest are off/unchecked
      • BIOS: Tested by setting "ErP ready" to S5 > no difference
      • DSDT and EFI folder screenshot attached.

I think that’s it - otherwise just ask
      I have read a lot of articles on this type of issue, but none with a clear answer.
      So if anyone can solve this mystery, it would be amazing!
      Thank you in advance!

Bauermac DSDT.aml.zip

UPDATE:
      Of course it was something seemingly insignificant and stupid that prevented sleep: An unfinished PRINTER job.... 
      After clearing the printer queue, it went to sleep but woke up immediately after due to a USB power issue. Possibly an internal USB/SD hub.
      Mald0n used his magic and made a new DSDT file to fix that, and now the machine is running almost perfectly apart from a fickle Bluetooth (fingers crossed).

Hope this can help others out there with issues.

• By vlgngrbrdmn
      Hey all,

This is my first time posting to this forum.

Here is my problem: My main issue is random freezing of my display (i.e. cannot move my mouse) and nothing being displayed after my monitors go to sleep (i.e. lock my screen, wait a few minutes, try to move mouse/type on keyboard. My displays wake up but display "no signal"). I have to reboot in order to use my Hackintosh again.

Another issue that I am experiencing is that, every time I reboot my system and login initially, my right and left vertical displays do not display correctly until I turn one of them off and back on again. It is kind of hard to describe what is wrong, but basically the dimensions of the display and the orientation (horizontal vs. vertical) is wrong, and my mouse does not display in the correct place on the screen.

Either way, after some research it looks like this all may be due to my Framebuffer being incorrect. However, I am having a hard time trying to determine whether that is the case and, if so, how to fix it.

I did manually try to add a Framebuffer ("Kamarang") into my config.plist below, however that did not seem to make a difference.

Any help with this would be much appreciated! Also, please let me know if I should upload anymore information.

Currently, My setup consists of 1 Dell U3415w and 2 Dell 2415 monitors in an "H" configuration (both 2415s setup vertically on either side of the U3415W).

This is all being powered by a SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202326) with each monitor plugged via a DisplayPort.

I am currently running the latest version of macOS Mojave, 10.14.4.

I am also using the latest version of the Clover boot loader (4920) with the following kexts located in kexts\Other:
      AppleALC.kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext Lilu.kext USBInjectAll.kext VegaTab_64.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext My config.plist file contains the following:
      ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>#DisableDrivers</key> <array> <string>CsmVideoDxe</string> <string>VBoxExt4</string> </array> <key>ACPI</key> <dict> <key>DSDT</key> <dict> <key>Fixes</key> <dict> <key>FixHPET</key> <true/> <key>FixIPIC</key> <true/> <key>FixRTC</key> <true/> <key>FixShutdown</key> <true/> <key>FixTMR</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Patches</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change XHCI to XHC</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> WEhDSQ== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> WEhDXw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change XHC1 to XHC</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> WEhDMQ== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> WEhDXw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change SAT0 to SATA</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> U0FUMA== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> U0FUQQ== </data> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>DropTables</key> <array> <dict> <key>Signature</key> <string>DMAR</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Signature</key> <string>MATS</string> </dict> </array> <key>FixHeaders</key> <true/> <key>SSDT</key> <dict> <key>Generate</key> <dict> <key>PluginType</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </dict> <key>Boot</key> <dict> <key>Arguments</key> <string>keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 shikigva=40</string> <key>DefaultVolume</key> <string>LastBootedVolume</string> <key>Timeout</key> <integer>5</integer> </dict> <key>BootGraphics</key> <dict> <key>#DefaultBackgroundColor</key> <string>0xF0F0F0</string> <key>EFILoginHiDPI</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>UIScale</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> <key>CPU</key> <dict> <key>#BusSpeedkHz</key> <integer>133330</integer> <key>#FrequencyMHz</key> <integer>3140</integer> <key>#HWPEnable</key> <true/> <key>#HWPValue</key> <string>0x30002a01</string> <key>#QPI</key> <integer>4800</integer> <key>#SavingMode</key> <integer>7</integer> <key>#TDP</key> <integer>95</integer> <key>#TurboDisable</key> <true/> <key>#Type</key> <string>0x0201</string> <key>#UseARTFrequency</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Devices</key> <dict> <key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>Inject</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>ResetHDA</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Properties</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> AAASGQ== </data> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key> <data> AAAwAQ== </data> </dict> </dict> <key>USB</key> <dict> <key>FixOwnership</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> <key>GUI</key> <dict> <key>Hide</key> <array> <string>PREBOOT</string> </array> <key>Scan</key> <dict> <key>Entries</key> <true/> <key>Linux</key> <true/> <key>Tool</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>FBName</key> <string>Kamarang</string> <key>Inject</key> <dict> <key>ATI</key> <false/> <key>Intel</key> <false/> <key>NVidia</key> <false/> </dict> <key>RadeonDeInit</key> <true/> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>KernelPm</key> <true/> <key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g710////EA== </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.12.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g710////Gw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (RehabMan)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g32IDw+DpwQAAA== </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.13.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g32ID5CQkJCQkA== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (PMHeart)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <true/> <key>Find</key> <data> g/sPD4MDBQAA </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14.0</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g/sPkJCQkJCQ </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (Ricky)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g/sPD4OPBAAA </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g/sPkJCQkJCQ </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>External Icons Patch</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> RXh0ZXJuYWw= </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> SW50ZXJuYWw= </data> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>RtVariables</key> <dict> <key>BooterConfig</key> <string>0x28</string> <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> <string>0x67</string> <key>MLB</key> <string>C02601270QXGPF7FB</string> <key>ROM</key> <string>UseMacAddr0</string> </dict> <key>SMBIOS</key> <dict> <key>BoardSerialNumber</key> <string>C02601270QXGPF7FB</string> <key>ProductName</key> <string>iMac17,1</string> <key>SerialNumber</key> <string>C02R2HZDGG7L</string> <key>SmUUID</key> <string>91E0E343-A938-4117-BBC7-234EA3ED265E</string> </dict> <key>SystemParameters</key> <dict> <key>InjectKexts</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>InjectSystemID</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </plist> Also, for what it is worth, sleep is disabled on my system:

Again, thank you all for taking time out of your day to help a fellow hackintosher out!
    • By penghubingzhou
      URL:https://github.com/penghubingzhou/VoodooI2C-DSDT

VoodooI2C-DSDT is a repository that is aiming at collecting various successful DSDTs for Voodoo I2C.
      Purpose
      The purpose of this repository is to provide some useful code examples for people who haven't yet make Voodoo I2C work. Maybe It don't have your model of laptop, but code in this repository may have some help and references for you.
      Note that the code in this repository is ONLY FOR REFERENCES and it can‘t replace your own work!
      For Submission
      This repository welcomes everyone to submit DSDT code examples that have successfully made VoodooI2C work by PR. To submit your example, please put the DSDT file (or Hotpatch SSDT file), an ioreg without Voodoo I2C installed, and Info.txt in a folder named by your laptop model. Info.txt should include:
      Your CPU model (better for including CPU platform)
      Your touchpad Device ID
      The mode you use (GPIO interrupt or polling)
      Satellite Driver You Use
      Then, fork this repository and clone it, put your file in and commit it to your repository. After checking the conflicts, you can send your commit as a PR to me.
      An example for submitting can be found in Lenovo Xiaoxin Chao 7000-14.
      Credits
      @Alexandred for VoodooI2C @daggeryu for the idea in this repository @penghubingzhou and @williambj1 for maintaining