First Hackintosh, ready, steady , go ?

seey

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone !

So, I need a computer.

I want to use Logic Pro, and I can't afford a Mac Pro, so as most of you, I've ended down the path of building my self a hackintosh. I've done a fair bit a reading here and there, selected part within my budget (£800) and for my purpose.

I'm about to order everything but I'd be quite happy if someone with a bit more experience than could double/triple check the parts to see if I'm not doing anything stupid.

Thanks for your time and here is the list :

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

CPU : Intel Core i5 3570K

RAM : 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance Performance Memory Kit DDR3 1600MHz

SSD : 128GB SanDisk Pulse, 2.5" SSD 7mm Slim SATA III

HD : 1TB WD WD1002FAEX Caviar Black

DVD DRIVE : USB External

Case : Corsair 300R

PSU : 650W Cooler Master GX RS650-ACAAD3-UK

WIFI : WDN 4800

BLUETOOTH : IOMEGA GBU521

MOUSE : Apple Magic Mouse -

KEYBOARD : Logitech K120 Keyboard Slim

OTHER :

ANTI STATIC WIRSTBAND

PHILIPS SCREW DRIVERS

Cheers !

Paul

You have an excellent mobo picked out. From what I have read it is one of the best for OSx86. Everything you have posted is good to go. As the poster above me stated, you don't have a dedicated GFX card listed; are you planning on using onboard graphics?

Lastly, your Philips Head Screwdriver may be incompatible -- especially when attempting to get the batteries out of the chemlights

• Like 1

Hi, Paul!

For working with audio, the Intel HD4000 integrated with your CPU is more than enough. I can tell you as a fellow audio and multimedia geek. In fact, integrated solutions improved dramatically on Intel side, so it will be enough even for basic video editing and occasional gaming.

In other words: go for it, your setup is excellent (and i regret a lot having gone with the H77 instead of the Z77, so i cannot overclock my "K" series CPU, the same CPU you'll buy).

Best regards!

Solid. Get the Corsair 200 case because the 300R is hard to work with when you expand. Also a 650 Watt PSU is over kill. Get a Corsair 500 Watt or what ever brand you prefer.