Acer Aspire V3-571G DSDT.aml

nomad83

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

First of all, and like every time I want to thanks all the community to the huge amount of help we can find on this forum. I spend many of my free-time reading and reading again and again to find the answer myself and try to not post every-time I have a question.

Well, I'm not new in the Hackintosh world, i'm not an expert too.

This time I want to try Mountain Lion on my modest Laptop, Acer Aspire V3-571G. Here's the specs :

CPU : Intel i7 3610QM 2.3GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz

GPU : HD4000 integrated / Nvidia GT 640M working both with Optimus Technology3

Memory : 8Gb DDR3 Ram

Network : Broadcom BCM43228 (I think)

So, I successfully install Mountain Lion to MBR partition on dualboot with W8. I use ##### only with USB Legacy and Laptop fixes.

My installation's working fine, for now I've no sound, no wifi and resolution fixed to 1024x768.

The HD4000 problem is easy to fix according to others forums, but I want something the more clean as possible.

You'll find my DSDT.aml, if an expert can kindly take a look and patch it, it'll be awesome. I know the Optimus Technology can't work with OSX, so the HD4000 will be great.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards.

Jeremy

DSDT.zip

Hi,

Applied the default patches, fixed errors and warnings. Also added the following patch to enable the HD4000 by DSDT. Remove the EFI string, if you have one added to the boot.plist.

Remove all the NVDA* and GeForce* kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.

Patch for HD4000:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x04, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Also, Tony tools are not supported: http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/

About the sound and wifi, any more information on them?

DSDT.aml.zip

Thanks a lot for your help.

Here's a report from AIDA64. Tell me if you want some others informations, I'm not very familiar with DSDT...

HDMI sound's not important, if it's work it'll be cool, if not, it's not a big deal.

Thanks again.

EDIT : I'll now follow your guide and ask support here, in this way I hope really learn some skills and stop be a slave of premade tools which doing some actions I don't understand.

Report.txt

Sound: Realtek ALC269

Attached the DSDT with a HDEF edit, and a patched AppleHDA.kext

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x0A)
{
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x69, 0x02, 0xEC, 0x10
},
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0D, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},
"device-type",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"Realtek ALC269"
},
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
},
"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
DCKA, 1,
Offset (0x01),
DCKM, 1,
, 6,
DCKS, 1,
Offset (0x08),
, 15,
PMES, 1
}
}

Make a backup of the AppleHDA before installing, in case the current does not work or gives a panic.

If you get a kernel panic on reboot, boot with -s

After loading type:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
shutdown -r now

Wifi: Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter

Lan: Broadcom NetLink BCM57785

Took the information from the Aida report, don't know about wifi yet, untill then you can try if the HD4000 and sound work :)

Source for audio: http://www.insanelym...-inspiron-1464/

Wireless should be: Broadcom BCM43228 according to different sources on google.

Driver: http://www.osx86.net/view/3526-bcm41xx-43xx_airport.html (No info on if it is working or not)

Make a backup of the files replaced, as usual.

Archief.zip

You're the best, thanks you very much for your help. :)

I prepare my new USB drive installer, I test your results asap.

One question, the GT640M Nvidia GPU is disabled in DSDT or should I set GraphicsEnabler=No ?

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Jeremy.

Hi,

I try your DSDT and HDA.kext right now.

At boot I have this :

post-767813-0-15704400-1361385161_thumb.jpg

Anyway, the sound doesn't work. I have some Sound assertion failed on boot.

Thanks a lot for your help, in any case it's better than nothing.

Regard. :)

EDIT : ok, fixed that follow post #15 by Micky1979, thanks to you mate. :)

Here's the trick :

Replace :

"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x04, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
}

with

"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
}

Yes, just a little number. :P

I've full acceleration, it's damn fast. Have to fix the Vram detection, it's 512 Mo actually.

Stay tuned.

I used the id that works for my system, it can differ, glad it works now :)

Hmm, thought HD4000 does not have more than 512mb, anyway, don't know about a solution to that problem.

About the sound, you can try VoodooHDA, be sure to remove the AppleHDA, else you will get a kernel panic at boot.

Or patch your own AppleHDA, a guide on how to do this: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

Hey,thanks for support. :)

I found a way for the wrong memory display, it's called "AAPL,ig-platform-id" Maybe you already know that ?

There's differents values like 01660000, 01660001, 01660002, etc... Each for one spec. There's great informations about that on Google. It is bad to have 512mb, I have 8Gb of Ram I can easly handle it..

Plus you know what ? I just connect my HDMI Home Theatre to my laptpop and tada ! It's working very well, double desktop. :) It's just make a little strange noise from speackers, I don't care I don't plan to use HDMI.

For the sound, I really want to make it working with DSDT, I think it's the cleanest way to achieve right ? I know VoodooHDA is working on my system but hey, it's too easy. :P

Another important point it's the USB and Wifi. USB mouse working, the trackpad not. When I put a USB drive before start the laptop, the USB drive's on the desktop and I can use it, but if I insert a USB drive while the system running then the system freeze.

Well, I'm good to go, another day in the world of MHackintosh. :D

Ok, seems like I need your help again. :)

I've sound working with VoodooHDA for now but have problem with USB and trackpad this time.

I continue to search myself but I'm a bit tired and if you can bring me some advices it'll be less difficult.

So, I have IOUSBFamily.kext and IOMassStorageFamily.kext in same time in /System/Library/Extensions (The originals ones) and in /Extra/Extensions (The TT ones).

I deleted theses in /Extra/extensions to have something more Vanilla. I have no more USB working and my trackpad doesn't work. I would know how to patch DSDT for USB working but there's a lot of informations and I really don't know how to start.

For the Trackpad I have a message at startup with -v :

Controller : Intel Panther Point (Vendor ID: 8086, device ID: 1e20)

Don't know if it can help. By the way I have no line related to USB at boot.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Touchpad attached. Don't know if it will work, but worth a shot :)

Did USB work? If so, install the usb kexts from the /Extra/Extensions folder to /System/Library/Extensions, patches for USB have been applied to the DSDT. What exactly is the problem? Nothing works, or just certain devices?

~Lejenk

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Hey, thanks for answer.

Problem was when I insert a USB key before booting then it appears on Desktop and I can browse the drive. But I have KP sometimes, randomly when I insert another USB key.

If I don't insert before boot and I put inside after booting, I got KP, freeze, or something like that.

This is before I delete IOUsbFamily and the other one from TT Extra/Extensions folder.

Now, without these kexts nothing work, no USB at all. When I insert a key or something system freeze some seconds but nothing happen.

Hope i'm clear enough. :)

With your kext for Trackpad, the trackpad's working, but the keyboard not anymore :D. I have some messages at startup about PS2 controller, ApplePS2Keyboard : probe failed.

Cheers.

Well, I think I'll let it down for now...

I'm really tired, working on it during almost 1 week because of differents distros tested, etc... But I'm really happy cause I see new things and I have see again the beauty of the Apple Design, at least on the first hours. :D

I think the Trackpad can be fixed better than that with Elephant kext, USB can be fixed with little patience too. Biggest problem is the onboard Wifi wich certainly never works... HD4000 working really great, doesn't tested sound fully but seems there's some minors issues.

Before I fully format my laptop I will take a look to Linux Mint and after that, well continue my other projects. :)

Thanks a lot Lejenk for your help.

Good luck to the owner of this very nice laptop.

Cya.

Cheers.

Last Edit :

ok, I'm perm-banned from "To*****" forum... I think it's because I'm using the kexts from their tools... Damn there's some spys around here :worried_anim:... Really scary.

Well, not a big deal, I just can't say thanks to the guys who helped me on their forum and can't give us some advices. :/

Peace

Went to bed early for once :)

We have a topic about that too: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278907-permanently-banned-from-tonymacx86/ :P

For a temporary solution for the trackpad, you can replace the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext inside the ApplePS2Controller.kext, with the one you have previously used. Right click on the ApplePS2Controller.kext and select "Show package contents", then navigate to the plugins folder. (Repair permissions afterwards, or reinstall the kext)

About the usb, would have to do some more research it seems, well, time for my coffee :smoke:

Hi,

Thanks for your help again.I see this topic, hilarous. :D

Don't wast your time for me, I really quit hackintosh for a moment, lack of wifi and not stable enough for now on my laptop, I can't continue. I've professionnal project in the other side and I need time. So I think Linux is another good choice to play with. And I'll learn some terminal commands I can use on my next hackintosh try. :)

Thanks again, have a nice day.

• Like 1