InsanelyMac Forum
Tyler Worth

Tosiba Qosmio X875-Q7380 ML Install failed

For some reason i can run ML on VMware with this machine but I cant install for the life of me.

I followed this Tut: Click here

For some reason I am getting stuck at Still waiting for device. (picture attached)

post-1114930-0-81468800-1361151260_thumb.jpeg

My Rig:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670M with Optimus™ Technology 3GB GDDR5

Memory: 12GB DDR3 1600MHz memory

HDD: 1.0TB: 500GB (7200rpm, Serial ATA) + 500GB (7200rpm, Serial ATA)

Optical: DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)

Wifi: Intel® Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n + WiDi Capable)

Bluetooth: Bluetooth® V4.0

USB:4-USB (3.0) ports

Any one help me PLEASE!

UPDATE:

So I was able to Boot and install ML using a boot CD which was from OSX86.net But I cant boot into the OS I have tried the following boot flags;

-v -F -x maxmem=4084 busratio=18 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 and 1

This is what I get

post-1114930-0-27462400-1361247875_thumb.jpeg

Instead of getting Still waiting.... Error I get a Kernel Panic. But I myself cant figure this out.

Any help would be awesome.

Advertisement

Hi.

Those screens are hard to read.

Well, copy the following kexts to the Extra folder of the USB installer you have created.

Boot with -f -v

Okay I tried this copied them both to the Extra Folder on my USB installer.

Booted with -f -v

and got this

post-1114930-0-05540100-1361521142_thumb.jpeg

Hopfully this image isnt as blurry, I get the same reaction from my system, I am going to try booting with PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 -x -v -f see if that changes any other is appreciated.

Well, this shouldn't be happening. You need to know which AHCI SATA controller your system uses, Boot Windows, if you still have it, and get this info from the Control Panel/Device Manager or using Everest.exe, then post it here.

Best regards!

@theconnactic - You helped me in the AMD forums, Nice I got a Toshiba intel! but its a {censored}! haha

I tried UseKernelCache but no luck

Here is a report from everest:

Report.txt

And also A screen shot its the same as befre with UseKernel.... I just didnt wait for the Still waiting error....

post-1114930-0-84657400-1361557281_thumb.jpeg

Well, your chipset is intel: Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller.

That means high compatibility with OSX. This issue should not be happening, and you should be getting your installer to work without any issues and modifications. But laptops are always harder to sort out. You'll have to start over. Use the same guide: i used it a lot of times with 100% of success. Take it slow: a single misstep and you'll have issues. Please report back here when you're done.

Best regards!

I redid it twice now. but i May have a Solution. To be honest I didnt buy the ML app becuase I didnt want to waste the money if it didnt work, but i got my commision check so I am going to buy it now even if it doesnt work. so i will report back when its done

Okay! Good luck!

Alright I got it working!

I got a legit copy of Mac OSX this time booted with Just "GraphicsEnabler=No" (provided by grim90210) and bam it worked. Now I am stuck at DSDT. I have no idea what to do or what Im doing wrong and I am Flipping tried. I work at Verizon so I need to go to bed to open the store tomorrow!

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome! Im uploading a screen shoot of all the errors Im getting after hitting compile that won't fix.

DSDT (Copied and pasted to Text Edit)

DSDTHELP.rtf

Screen Shot of Errors

post-1114930-0-02447500-1361697062_thumb.jpeg

I am posting this from the Mac using my phone as a USB wifi Card :P still do'nt know how to find kext for my stuff either. Please point me in the right direction. All help is much appreciated If I can get some help I will make a Guide for this computer and give all credit to those who helped!

Good News!

After several hours of work I now have -

Working Ethernet

Usable resolution ex 1600 900

Sound

Trackpad and Keyboard support

Along with a Mountain Lion install !

If you havent gotten this far yet let me know and Ill post the steps :D

I have my DSDT fixed but trackpad keyboard sound and havnt got the intel 4000 working correctly. I put down mac for the end of the quarter at college. I do have working Ethernet.

The HD4000 and the intel Centrino wireless are not supported , you can buy a wireless card that will work for around 20 $ but it involves opening up the laptop and replacing the chip , not hard at all but yea. for the resolution fix just find the chameleon.plst and add the graphics mode tag and the desired resolution ex 1600x900x32 then it will display correctly no gpu acceleration tho. If you download ##### it contains the drivers for the trackpad and sound and keyboard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Newbie Mac
      Ciao a tutti,
      sono felicemente riuscito a installare Lion sul mio Optiplex 330.
      Funziona tutto tranne la scheda audio interna ma non importa perché vorrei installare una USB esterna: una Yamaha AG03.
      Dalle istruzioni questa dovrebbe essere installata su Lion senza driver e riconosciuta subito (http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/mixers/ag/manual/mac/index_en.jsp).
      Su un altro hackintosh sempre con Lion viene riconoscita perfettamente.
      Il sistema la vede, nel System Report, correttamente collegata all'USB ma da Audio Midi Setup mi dice "NO DEVICES FOUND".
      Temo che mi manchi qualche parte software per far riconoscere la scheda esterna.
      Ho installato i VoodooHDA ma mi hanno mandato in crash il sistema quindi li ho rimossi.
      Avete consigli?
      Grazie mille

Retroman Newbie

• By Nonta72
      Recently, I have been having weird issues installing Sierra to my newly created partition. It always ended up with a NASTY error message saying that it could not unmount the volume for repair (what repair, anyway?). At the first, I thought the volume was dirty, so I booted to my working El Capitan again and had formatted the partition again. It still failed. Then, I thought it was the fact that I was using the installer in El Capitan to install it to the new partition. So, I created an installation USB. The problem surprisingly appeared!

The problem:

The problem I believe was due to the createinstallmedia tool. If the USB is in fact created with that tool, the installer divides the installation process into two. First, it copies the installation files to the HDD partition (that part creates problem), and then it reboots from that partition to install the files and eventually create the Recovery partition. The problem is that it for some reasons tries to unmount the partition it has booted from, which is obviously not possible; hence, it fails. The root problem probably has much to do with the partitions structure. In my case, I used MiniTools Partition Manager to migrate my Windows installation from my HDD to the new SSD drive. It could have been due to that, although MSR partition is also known to cause problems in some situations. The partition structure was as follow:
      ESP = EFI Partition MSR = Microsoft Reserved (culprit, too?) Win10 = Windows drive Sierra = New partition created for Sierra Macintosh HD = El Capitan drive (already installed and working) RecoveryHD = El Capitan recovery drive.  
      The solution:

Use the "Restore BaseSystem.dmg" method to create the installation USB.
      Follow these steps:
      I assume that you have downloaded the installation from Mac App Store. If so, then right click on the file, click "Show Contents Packages". Click on "SharedSupport". You should see InstallESD.dmg. Double click on that file to mount it. Open the OS X Install ESD partition. Make sure that hidden files visible (there are many ways, use Google). Right click on BaseSystem.dmg and click open to mount it. Open Disk Utility. Plug in your USB drive. Click "Partition" and create too partitions. One with 200MB and the other one with whatever size you want. The 200MB partition format should be MS-DOS (FAT) and give it CLOVER as name. The second one's format should be OS X Extended (journaled) and give it USB as name. And click "Apply" to format the USB. Of course, everything on that drive will be destroyed. It's needless to say that you should backup its contents first. While still inside Disk Utility app, click the second partition (it's should be named USB). On the status bar, click on "Edit" and choose "Restore". You should see "Restore from: OS X Install ESD" click on "OS X Install ESD" and choose "OS X Base System" from the dropdown menu. Now click "Restore". You might need your password to complete this task. If so, type it in and click ok then wait. Upon finition, smartly unmount OS X Base System disk under "Disk Images" in Disk Utility. Open the USB drive (the name "USB" will become "OS X Base System", that's why you need to smartly unmount the other one using Disk Utility to avoid confusion.) Inside the USB drive, go to "System" then "Installation" remove the file named "Packages". That's actually an allias (or a shortcut if you want). Go to OS X Install ESD drive. Copy "Packages" folder from there and paste it in your USB/System/Installation. The same way, copy the other files from OS X Install ESD drive to the root of your USB (the root, not inside a folder on the USB drive). You need to typically copy the following files: AppleDiagnostics.chunklist, AppleDiagnostics.dmg, BaseSystem.chunklist, BaseSystem.dmg Install Clover to the first partition of your USB drive named CLOVER (unless named otherwise). Reboot from the USB drive and everything should go smooth and without this error. This should also work for Chameleon bootloader. You might of course not need to create two partitions in this case.

You should probably not directly upgrade from El Capitan to avoid this problem. If it happens while you were trying to do an upgrade, you might need to do these steps inside a virtual machine or a working hackintosh.
    • By forrienh
      I have a couple Bose speakers for which I'd like to create an aggregate sound device.    I've attempted this procedure in the past, with other speakers and mixed results.

In this case, I have an older-model Bose Wave Radio with the USB dongle and a new Bose Revolve+ Soundlink cylinder.     They are both within 20ft proximity of my MacPro, so there aren't signal issues involved.

I've attempted using both the dongle and the Resolve+ as the clocking device, altering drift control appropriately -- most times, I just get one speaker working.   At one point, I was getting sound delays where I'd hear music in one speaker, then the same beat on the next a skip/step later.  That was fun.

From my experience using this MIDI setup, I'm beginning to think it's buggy.  However, it may be I just can't accomplish what I need to do here, though I cannot see why as they work fine individually and this is just an API abstraction underneath (presumably).

I've looked online, followed directions, but I still can't get this working -- I wonder if anyone here has encountered this problem, or may have some useful pointers.

Thanks!
    • By alainkalender
      Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, I'm really searching for some help with my "project" and hope some of you can help me out with this one!

It's all coming down to a not starting "Finder"

The full story,

I bought a Mac Pro 1.1 (2006) a few day's ago. All stock, dual Intel Xeon 3Ghz, 5GB Ram and the stock video card (256MB). (Lion freshley installed)

I wanted to upgrade to OSX El Capitain, and after a lot of research and a lot... yes a lot of trouble in making it all work I finally got it. I've thrown in a Geforce GTX 760 2GB Jetstream... couldn't wait to get cables for powering it, so I frankensteind it all with a second PSU. Installed Lion on a Samsung 850 EVO, and then followd a tutorial on how to install el capitain using Piker's boot. 

After 12 hours non stop messin around it worked, only after some time the mac froze and rebooted. I noticed that maby Google Chrome caused this to happen, and when using Safari it would work without any problem. I even can play 4K flawless.
      But still after some time it would crash, I monitored the CPU and Ram Usage, but there wasn't anything crazy happening at those things.

.. didn't really got the time to instal other apps. Then I found out Finder wasn't responding. It kept on crashing. I tried a lot of things... deleting the plist files, resetting PRAM, VRAM, Savebooting, deleting cache, Disk repair (Disk Aid)... nothing worked.

Is this maby a problem with the bootloader (Pike)?

I hope someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance,
      Greetings from Holland 

• By Fabio1971
      AHCIPortInjector.kext

This kext inject id device for Sata chip :

Install via Kext Wizard repair permissions/cache

Kext by Fabio1971, updated the work of ErmaC eep357 and Micky1979