Tosiba Qosmio X875-Q7380 ML Install failed

Tyler Worth

14 posts in this topic

For some reason i can run ML on VMware with this machine but I cant install for the life of me.

I followed this Tut: Click here

For some reason I am getting stuck at Still waiting for device. (picture attached)

post-1114930-0-81468800-1361151260_thumb.jpeg

My Rig:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670M with Optimus™ Technology 3GB GDDR5

Memory: 12GB DDR3 1600MHz memory

HDD: 1.0TB: 500GB (7200rpm, Serial ATA) + 500GB (7200rpm, Serial ATA)

Optical: DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)

Wifi: Intel® Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n + WiDi Capable)

Bluetooth: Bluetooth® V4.0

USB:4-USB (3.0) ports

Any one help me PLEASE!

UPDATE:

So I was able to Boot and install ML using a boot CD which was from OSX86.net But I cant boot into the OS I have tried the following boot flags;

-v -F -x maxmem=4084 busratio=18 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 and 1

This is what I get

post-1114930-0-27462400-1361247875_thumb.jpeg

Instead of getting Still waiting.... Error I get a Kernel Panic. But I myself cant figure this out.

Any help would be awesome.

Hi.

Those screens are hard to read.

Well, copy the following kexts to the Extra folder of the USB installer you have created.

Boot with -f -v

Okay I tried this copied them both to the Extra Folder on my USB installer.

Booted with -f -v

and got this

post-1114930-0-05540100-1361521142_thumb.jpeg

Hopfully this image isnt as blurry, I get the same reaction from my system, I am going to try booting with PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 -x -v -f see if that changes any other is appreciated.

@theconnactic - You helped me in the AMD forums, Nice I got a Toshiba intel! but its a {censored}! haha

I tried UseKernelCache but no luck

Here is a report from everest:

Report.txt

And also A screen shot its the same as befre with UseKernel.... I just didnt wait for the Still waiting error....

post-1114930-0-84657400-1361557281_thumb.jpeg

Well, your chipset is intel: Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller.

That means high compatibility with OSX. This issue should not be happening, and you should be getting your installer to work without any issues and modifications. But laptops are always harder to sort out. You'll have to start over. Use the same guide: i used it a lot of times with 100% of success. Take it slow: a single misstep and you'll have issues. Please report back here when you're done.

Best regards!

I redid it twice now. but i May have a Solution. To be honest I didnt buy the ML app becuase I didnt want to waste the money if it didnt work, but i got my commision check so I am going to buy it now even if it doesnt work. so i will report back when its done

Okay! Good luck!

Alright I got it working!

I got a legit copy of Mac OSX this time booted with Just "GraphicsEnabler=No" (provided by grim90210) and bam it worked. Now I am stuck at DSDT. I have no idea what to do or what Im doing wrong and I am Flipping tried. I work at Verizon so I need to go to bed to open the store tomorrow!

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome! Im uploading a screen shoot of all the errors Im getting after hitting compile that won't fix.

DSDT (Copied and pasted to Text Edit)

DSDTHELP.rtf

Screen Shot of Errors

post-1114930-0-02447500-1361697062_thumb.jpeg

I am posting this from the Mac using my phone as a USB wifi Card :P still do'nt know how to find kext for my stuff either. Please point me in the right direction. All help is much appreciated If I can get some help I will make a Guide for this computer and give all credit to those who helped!

• 2 weeks later...

Good News!

After several hours of work I now have -

Working Ethernet

Usable resolution ex 1600 900

Sound

Trackpad and Keyboard support

Along with a Mountain Lion install !

If you havent gotten this far yet let me know and Ill post the steps :D

The HD4000 and the intel Centrino wireless are not supported , you can buy a wireless card that will work for around 20 $ but it involves opening up the laptop and replacing the chip , not hard at all but yea. for the resolution fix just find the chameleon.plst and add the graphics mode tag and the desired resolution ex 1600x900x32 then it will display correctly no gpu acceleration tho. If you download ##### it contains the drivers for the trackpad and sound and keyboard.