Fujitsu LifeBook T4215, good for Mountain Lion?

NBS

2 posts in this topic

Was looking for a cheap system with Mac-like specs to run OS X Mountain Lion on. I ended up buying a used Fujitsu LifeBook (Model T4215). It has the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo (1.83GHz, should be the T5600) 64-bit

Intel 945GM graphics chipset

Intel Wifi b/g

SATA HDD

1GB DDR2 RAM

Hoping it's going to run without too many issues. What do you guys think? Anyone here have this system and get OS X working well on it? How about the touchscreen/pc card slot are they working properly under Mountain Lion? Also, this system supports dual batteries (can install a second battery by removing the hot swappable disc drive and putting a battery in the slot, kind of like the old PowerBook Wallstreet systems. I wonder if OS X will recognize the second battery natively and show power levels?

Was looking for a cheap system with Mac-like specs to run OS X Mountain Lion on. I ended up buying a used Fujitsu LifeBook (Model T4215). It has the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo (1.83GHz, should be the T5600) 64-bit

Intel 945GM graphics chipset

Intel Wifi b/g

SATA HDD

1GB DDR2 RAM

Hoping it's going to run without too many issues. What do you guys think? Anyone here have this system and get OS X working well on it? How about the touchscreen/pc card slot are they working properly under Mountain Lion? Also, this system supports dual batteries (can install a second battery by removing the hot swappable disc drive and putting a battery in the slot, kind of like the old PowerBook Wallstreet systems. I wonder if OS X will recognize the second battery natively and show power levels?

Your Fujitsu looks a bit complex. On my Lifebook AH530/GFX i have everything working except of power management and full trackpad (it just works as a mouse, clicks with tapping on it but no scrolling!). You should just try it, there is nothing too loose, just make sure you install your copy of Mountain Lion on a separate partition or even better a separate hard disk.